Leo Gura

How To Improve Actualized.org - Mega-Thread

294 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, roopepa said:

Almost every thread I've seen is locked when people start feeling things.

If people argue pointlessly, let them argue. If it's pointless, they'll see it for themselves. Thats what's "productive". Finding out for yourself. Uncovering for yourself. Not authority. ?

The thread-locking habit of this place is reflective of what's really going within. Believing thoughts and not being open to inspect and dispel them.

The pointless debate and thought-attachment will just continue rolling if it's not brought to light. This is like spirituality 101.

You went from one ideological trap to the next.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

39 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You went from one ideological trap to the next.

There is ideology, not ideological traps.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

3 hours ago, roopepa said:

There is ideology, not ideological traps.

Q.E.D.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'd like an upvoting feature for replies on forum posts. Being able to show agreement to someone's input without posting would keep threads tidier.

Integrate your shadow.

Start valuing and understanding emotions - otherwise there will never be embodiment nor integrity. Theoretical knowledge isn't the real thing when it comes to spirituality.

Solve the sexism issue. That comes from n°1 and n°2. A spiritual community facing such issues in 2022 is shooting itself in the foot.

--

Could you also delete my account?  Thanks, and best wishes.

2 hours ago, TKP said:

I'd like an upvoting feature for replies on forum posts. Being able to show agreement to someone's input without posting would keep threads tidier.

I actually enjoy not having this here. Upvote systems tend to encourage groupthink.

For those suggesting a karma system:

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Screenshot_2022-12-02-16-26-58_1.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-02-16-27-07_1.jpg

1. Okay, what's happening here?
  2. God bless multiple tabs.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

5 hours ago, TKP said:

+1

A downvote button can be abused a lot. But the abuse of the upvote button is minimal I think

I’ve had discussions about spiritual talks on Reddit. These upvote downvote things lead to fighting and abuse if the system.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

A piece of feedback from me would be to add captions/subtitles to your videos. For example, a few of your videos such as those mentioned below don't have captions:

- How to study

- Deconstructing the myth of science part 2 and 3

Also, when you are uploading any content on your blog such as a video then make sure it has captions/subtitle in it. 

I think this feedback will improve actualized.org because those people who are deaf or have severe hearing loss will be able to understand your content.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:37 AM, blueberries said:

I've spent time on this forum every now and then over the years, and the main reason I never stick around more than a few days is due to a small number of extremely prolific users with low-quality posts.

I tried to "ignore" people as I assumed this would work like blocks on other social media sites, where you no longer see people's posts and they don't see yours, so you can just forget about them. But here, you still see them replying to threads, other people quoting them on threads, and I believe they still see your posts? It would be better if we could curate our experience more.

Would like to bump up this suggestion as it shares my sentiments. Particulary some users can get so reactionary and emotional, sometimes posting multiple impulsive replies/topics in a string (maybe add a post cooldown for that), sometimes posting 1-5 word low-quality replies, most times bringing up gossip and drama derailing the thread's topic. Been lurking this place for years but this place hasn't been especially inviting for me to participate in any discussion.

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

10 hours ago, TKP said:

We had such a system in the early days and it was removed because it becomes a game of chasing likes.

I deliberately keep Actualized.org pared down and simple. So you don't get distracted. I could have turned Actualized.org into a well-oiled business machine. I deliberately said No to that. Which is why we don't have the slickest interfaces and all that kind of stuff.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We had such a system in the early days and it was removed because it becomes a game of chasing likes.

I deliberately keep Actualized.org pared down and simple. So you don't get distracted. I could have turned Actualized.org into a well-oiled business machine. I deliberately said No to that. Which is why we don't have the slickest interfaces and all that kind of stuff.

Is this why you choose not to optimize the website for mobile? I would assume it's a choice you're making considering your background in SEO. Otherwise I guess that could be something to improve. 

Edited by Unio

I think a little bit of phone user experience optimisation when tagging users. That function misbehaves often on a phone and tagged names usually cannot be deleted.

Maybe quick tips section for new users including some key navigation points. Or maybe a short intro video for new users made by you? 

A button "Privatise" in journal section that will lock the journal from ability to comment but can still be modded if the user shit talks about other members.

OR

The ability for journal owner to delete comments from other users.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 They can be deleted you just gotta finesse it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Designing an affiliate program around the life purpose course.

In this way

1)all of your work will spread across the globe even more, helping mankind awakening in an orgy of love and wisdom 

2) You’ll make happy a lot of salesmen and wannabe-salesmen  who will have an opportunity to sell such a high value and transformative product 

Edited by Patrick_9931

1 hour ago, Tahuti said:

Remove the number of views on a post. The more unconscious the post is the more views and comments it gets. Remove that feature. All it does is inflate the ego of these individuals. All the serious posts get no engagement. 

Are you talking to me? What post? I have almost no threads here.

Edit: I assume you have tagged the wrong person. 

Edited by Michal__

@Extreme Z7

On 11/28/2022 at 4:52 AM, Extreme Z7 said:

Dark Mode. Don't really care too much about it, just throwing it out there.

You can download "dark reader" as an extension. Here is what it looks likeScreenshot (27).png

Focus on the solution, not the problem