Leo Gura

How To Improve Actualized.org - Mega-Thread

294 posts in this topic

Thing is leo says the reason the community has issues is due to the forum being public

But I've been  In and I'm in other communities that are not as toxic as this one can be. It's strongly a top down approach 

There needs to be more love and community  and also higher and stronger Boundaries for toxic and cringe behavior. Leos way too lenient.  Or in his words idiot compassion

Edited by Jacob Morres

I second a Discord server. I think you'd be surprised to find that a Discord server may actually be easier to moderate than the forums. A Discord server takes place in a virtual environment that appears more like an "actual environment" than the forums as long as it's moderated and there are regular users willing to make high quality contributions; this essentially has the effect of reducing the chances of people just posting whatever nonsense they want in a "vomit-like" fashion. This also makes it easier to discern extremely immature users or users who actually have little intention other than trolling.

I also want to point out that an unfortunate consequence of heavily advocating for psychedelics (even though Leo has never advocated for irresponsible or recreational use), is that it exacerbates the trend of dysfunctional and immature individuals seeking the community, simply due to the association of psychedelic use with degenerate trends in culture. "Serious spiritual seekers" from a more traditional background who are in fact mature and developed, might avoid the community perhaps not even out of prejudice towards psychedelics but just because of the visibly low quality of the forums. Obviously psychedelics are central to Leo's approach to this work and I haven't given any proper solution here, but would just like to explicitly mention this.

@Gnosis I cannot see how discord like chatting can raise the level of discussions we are having. It will be a mess. The forum is more formal and formal things tend to be more "classy".

2 minutes ago, Tahuti said:

【●Report: "576 people downloaded 'Tyler Robinson' Profile Photo - 11:17pm"】

If that picture is so attractive to you, then only God can help you. It's a simple crochet dress that women wear when they hang out with friends. Jesus Christ, you must be really thirsty. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Just now, Tahuti said:

?????‍?️?

I guess you're the kind of dude who just hits on any woman in his vicinity. Anyway I'm out of this thread. Just don't keep mentioning, quoting me, it's irritating, I don't want to respond to everyone. Sending you to my block list. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Gnosis I cannot see how discord like chatting can raise the level of discussions we are having. It will be a mess. The forum is more formal and formal things tend to be more "classy".

Untested assumptions. There are also discussion threads in Discord now, so that format is available too.

Another support for my argument is that on Discord, the rules and guidelines for a server is the first thing you see upon joining. On the forums here, it is not. Basically, you can clearly state what kind of community you're trying to cultivate in a place that users will actually be guaranteed to see. Discord servers are also extremely customizable and you can enable/disable specific features per channel.

All this has to be tested so I'm not saying it will guarantee better results, however from what I have seen in Discord communities, a more coherent environment where discussions and differences in opinion tend to be more civilized is very possible.

There will not be a discord server. You guys waste enough time here already.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I am more interested in hearing If let's say you wanted to build actualized.org from the zero now after collecting all this wisdom and experience, What could you have done differently?

Actualized Clips youtube channel is amazing but difficult to navigate, especially for first-timers.

Create thematic playlists like in the main channel, and playlists that will remain always at the beginning with introduction-to-your-work videos

Revisit and improve Actualized channel playlists (re-sort etc.)

I would be really interested in reading your contemplation texts. 

Obviously there's a lot in the videos already, but I'd say if you just dumped everything that you're comfortable sharing in text, there'd be a shit ton more.

Also maybe a forum section where people can share what they contemplated, what (if any) substance they used etc.

Maybe that'd push people to do more work.

12 hours ago, Tahuti said:

I don't like nor want women ?. Dying alone sounds ideal. 

FiB5HSdWYAAJHk3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tahuti said:

No, it would just get you to regurgitate his written words. There is absolutely no real reason to read anything he writes down. Everything is already figured out. Go to the work and read the texts. Get off the forum, YouTube videos. You guys dick around all day while Leo breastfeeds you insights. This whole information cult thingy going on is ubsurd.

Thanks for the concern, but my practice is going pretty damn well. So you assumption is not accurate at all.

Edited by Michal__

More specific and detailed trip reports for various substances.

Stop locking threads for no reason. ? Just let things fall naturally.

Misleading and manipulative as fuck.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

1 minute ago, roopepa said:

Stop locking threads for no reason. ? Just let things fall naturally.

Misleading and manipulative as fuck.

Almost every thread I’ve ever seen locked was not contributing anything productive, it was mostly people back and forth arguing in a not especially productive way.

If you have a counter example that would be interesting but I don’t really think there are many. 

13 minutes ago, something_else said:

Almost every thread I’ve ever seen locked was not contributing anything productive, it was mostly people back and forth arguing in a not especially productive way.

Almost every thread I've seen is locked when people start feeling things.

If people argue pointlessly, let them argue. If it's pointless, they'll see it for themselves. Thats what's "productive". Finding out for yourself. Uncovering for yourself. Not authority. ?

The thread-locking habit of this place is reflective of what's really going within. Believing thoughts and not being open to inspect and dispel them.

The pointless debate and thought-attachment will just continue rolling if it's not brought to light. This is like spirituality 101.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

11 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Almost every thread I've seen is locked when people start feeling things.

If people argue pointlessly, let them argue. If it's pointless, they'll see it for themselves. Thats what's "productive". Finding out for yourself. Uncovering for yourself. Not authority. ?

The thread-locking habit of this place is reflective of what's really going within. Believing thoughts and not being open to inspect and dispel them.

The pointless debate and thought-attachment will just continue rolling if it's not brought to light. This is like spirituality 101.

It would be nice if people saw for themselves their arguing was silly and pointless but it doesn’t tend to happen. People (me included) get emotional, heated, and invested in arguments. And then unlocked threads will just go on and on and on.

It might seem harmless but I don’t think this stuff is contained to a single thread. Conflicts between users that are allowed to build up in one thread will spill over into others and spoil the reputation of the entire forum by making it more chaotic and dramatic. I think it is better to nip this stuff in the bud if it’s possible and prevent tensions rising in the first place.

Do you think the forum would be a better place if it had less strict rule set and people were allowed to say and do as they please more? I may have misunderstood but I think that’s what you are suggesting over all.