Leo Gura

How To Improve Actualized.org - Mega-Thread

294 posts in this topic

Pin down some of FlyingLotus's posts like blog table of contents or this one.

10 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

Have all the featured posts and mega-threads in one place so they are easily accessible. When they get lost and people forget about them they become kind of pointless

^ Agreed.

Dark mode would be nice tbh but I don't get my hopes up. Guess that'd be quite difficult to design.

Ability to edit your own journals.

Enlightened user of the month ;) jk.

It's a shame You don't share your deepest insights anymore. I hope You do in your advanced course.

One thing I feel is that if I wasn't reading a lot of your posts on the forum, I wouldn't understand deeply the material from the videos. In fact I would say that I probably learned more from your forum posts than from the videos and it's not like the videos aren't packed with a lot of wisdom. I just feel like if one doesn't read your posts (which many times generate a-ha moments for me and increase understanding), one misses on half of the insights. For example, I 'learned' about the nature of death much more from your posts than video content. I don't know what to do about it, I'm just stating how I see it.

Update the pinned topics in the Meditation section. They feel outdated. One suggestion: maybe you could make a large, wisdom-packed post about what your teachings are (not in like one sentence but also not too long) and pin it down. You could edit it along the way when your understanding expands.

I'd really welcome more of these shorter, more spontaneous vimeo blog videos. Like the one about requisite variety, or awakening reports, etc. They were very valuable and insightful!

I'm spitballing. I think this platform is good at it is. Thanks!

Edited by Sincerity

Maybe like a number of post limit per day.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

5 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

1000% this. Many of us have wanted a real-time chat since day one.

Yeah I think it would lead to higher quality discussions and less conflict 

@puporing I think that’s a good idea. There’s a bit of spam right now

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Yeah I think it would lead to higher quality discussions and less conflict 

It's harder to moderate and no.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

Who? Wouldn’t it be easier? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Just now, Thought Art said:

@puporing I think that’s a good idea. There’s a bit of spam right now

Thanks! I think it would compel people to make better-quality posts when they do. Also a shift towards doing the inner work. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Just now, integral said:

Who? Wouldn’t it be easier? 

Maybe if you hire some transcriptionists.

Additional mini warning suggestions-

internet abuse (too much time spent on forum)

9 minutes ago, puporing said:

Phuack this is my 9000th post.

If they make a mini-warning offense it actually shows on the post itself (to show how not to behave in the forum), if they get a bunch of the same mini-warning they get an actual warning for not reflecting on what was being pointed out repeatedly.

15 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you could hear the other person's voice it would dramatically enhance how well people treat other.

The anonymous nature of just words and profiles brings out a worse side of people.

More options to personalize ones profile. Like different pics, favorite books, attached blog posts - in general a more intuitive and user friendly profile interface. A bit towards the likes of social media sites.

And of course to allow larger files being sent. I would even pay a little bit for such an option. 

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Maybe if you hire some transcriptionists.

OH nvm was responding to a different this.

28 minutes ago, puporing said:

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

29 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

If you could hear the other person's voice it would dramatically enhance how well people treat other.

The anonymous nature of just words and profiles brings out a worse side of people.

Sure, but there are other reasons. It makes the conversations more casual and more likely to devolve into a cult. While anonymity has its bad sides, it also has good sides, like removing a lot of potentially harmful social dynamics.

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Sure, but there are other reasons. It makes the conversations more casual and more likely to devolve into a cult. While anonymity has its bad sides, it also has good sides, like removing a lot of potentially harmful social dynamics.

If this place became more cult like it would be a step up on quality and intelligence 

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

If this place became more cult like it would be a step up on quality and intelligence 

o.O

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

o.O

The reason people get drawn to cults is because of the loving energy and genuine connection.

If this place became more loving and open it would appear more cult like.

? 

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Lol.  So true.  

Kind of a counter-intuitive sign that, obviously isn't desired, but if all your concerned about is being in a cult or not, just see if people are arguing out in the open.  --- though, what if the cult leader knows this and thus encourages and allows this behavior!!!! ^_^  You just can't ever know I guess.

In any case, I think we can all agree this will never be "perfect" and please everyone.  

Which is why it's good that it's just the internet and you can just leave if you want, or get banned, w/e works for you.

As per the thread:  Improvements / What I'd like to see more of

• No huge overhauls... I like it's simplicity of layout and it's just not too fancy with lots of options and pages etc.  
  • I think the forum is fine in its layout.  Like, you can overthink things like this and I think it's fine just as is.  Sure you could make little adjustments and add-ons.. but really, I think if people can see what's being posted and it has broad categories to search stuff on, I think it's fine.  I mostly use it just to distract myself anyways and see "what's new" in the world.
  • Ya, maybe more courses. 
  • Maybe more resources and links to other works and people you use in your videos.  Just so people can follow their own trails of what interests them and see what influenced your conclusions.  --- even though I know you say recently you do most work without books etc..
Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

The reason people get drawn to cults is because of the loving energy and genuine connection.

? 

The moment I realized I was in a cult was when people started to unite around fear, paranoia and suspicion.

Edited by Carl-Richard