WisdomSeeker

Creating a Non-Exploitative Business

3 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura My business is growing and I am grappling with the decision to get additional employees for my business , right now it's only me. I grapple mainly because most models of business that I've experienced are built on exploiting their employees, making them feel insecure about their worth and under paying them to make additional profit. Do you have any advice for me overcoming this limitation of thought and morality. I am working on developing a business model that is more equitable, but this will take some time. Also, I have been rewatching your wage slavery video and juxtaposing it with your, when does the left go too far, which seems to have some contradiction to the wage slavery video, especially around business and the exploitative nature of our capitalistic economy.

Edited by WisdomSeeker
grammar

Be careful not to get too idealistic about it. The basic fact is that survival is a dirty business. You can only clean it up so much. If you can offer someone a decent job, often that's better for them then anything else around. It's better than working in some Amazon warehouse and pissing in bottles.

Just treat your employees decently and most of them will be grateful. As you become more successful and you treat your employees even better. But if you are not super profitable then don't worry about that too much right now. Offering someone a decent-paying job is not exploitation. This is a very bad idea from Marxist ideology. When it comes to worker-exploitation, that's usually done by giant corporations who deliberately squeeze employees to maximize profits. As long as you're not doing that, then you shouldn't feel bad. Basic fairness is all that workers really want.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I pay my cleaner for my airbnb $80/per clean(fee I get is $65). Shes super grateful and there are not many good job prospects nearby. I give her the most autonomy and flexibility i can.

It's located in rural southern Ohio where most people don't seek out higher education and work blue collar jobs. I actually feel good about giving someone a decent job that has kids to support and doesn't have to work crazy hours.