Chrissy j

What Really Is Raising Of Consciousness/awareness?

12 posts in this topic

How would you actually define this? What does it really mean to raise you consciousness? The full definition? Is it just understanding and cognition of Truth and with that you can embody and do great things? Or does raising your consciousness apply to all areas of personal development in some way? Is growth raising consciousness? How about lucidity in life?  The high vs. low consciousness video kind of confused me though it holds a lot of good insight. 

The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution discusses the different variations of consciousness. As you raise your consciousness these should happen I'm guessing.

1.Duration- How long one was conscious?

2 Frequency of appearance- How often it comes.

3 Extent and penetration- of what one was conscious which varies very much from the growth of man.

How about just being aware of things in life and this world like say starving people in Africa? Or does it just apply to just your "own" consciousness not having anything to do with gaining knowledge of outside things in life like starving people? How about just becoming aware of your lies, bullshit, and neurosis? As you raise awareness and observe yourself that will happen. I'm guessing this is raising consciousness.

I guess my question really is: How do all these tie in together? And what is everyone's views and ideas on all this? 

@MochaSlap You're not gonna understanding consciousness until you actually experience a leap in consciousness.

Meditate, self-inquire, contemplate, or take a psychedelic. Then you'll know.

The examples you give are tiny compared to what's ultimately necessary. Those examples are all operating on a same basic low level of consciousness. Totally new levels are available to explore.

But of course, start wherever you can. Any increase in awareness is a good start.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@MochaSlap  Consciousness is absolute and hence has no "levels". Mind has levels, ranging from total ignorance (the "normal" madness we see everywhere) to a clear knowing of what is.

Do not confuse the two. This is the key.

You cannot "raise" Consciousness, you can only peel out the layers of ignorance one by one. The result is - the Consciousness whose expression was obstructed/distorted by ignorance shines through brightly like a thousand suns. The implications of this are huge, life becomes a play, very smooth and mysterious, suffering of all kinds disappears, new knowledge rains on you, it changes you irreversibly.

A good place to start is realizing that you are not the body, or the mind, or the person. You are a witness that is empty, is not a thing. Realize that your Consciousness is not inside the body, the body/mind is inside the Consciousness. Go further and see that the whole world appears in the Consciousness !

This is the "shift". The flip. The figure-ground reversal.

Once this happens, there is no going back :) All the best !

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

@PureExp Is everything actually this consciousness/nothingness? Are consciousness and nothingness one and the same?

18 hours ago, MochaSlap said:

Or does raising your consciousness apply to all areas of personal development in some way?

It is a growth: a growth of your total living, out of your total living. Meditation is not something that can be added to you as you are. It can come to you only through a basic transformation, a mutation. It is a flowering, a growth. Growth is always out of the total; it is not an addition. You must grow toward meditation.

This total flowering of the personality must be understood correctly. Otherwise one can play games with oneself; one can occupy oneself with mental tricks. And there are so many tricks! Not only can you be fooled by them, not only will you not gain anything, but in a real sense you will be harmed. The very attitude that there is some trick to meditation – to conceive of meditation in terms of method – is basically wrong. And when one begins to play with mental tricks, the very quality of the mind begins to deteriorate.

Meditation comes to you. It always comes; you cannot bring it. But one has to be in search of it, because only when you are in search will you be open to it, vulnerable to it. You are a host to it. Meditation is a guest. You can invite it and wait for it. It comes to everybody who is ready, who is open and seeking.

@MochaSlap Yes, its all and nothing at the same time. Mind cannot intellectually grasp this. But it can be experienced easily.

You don't need to believe me or others, find out for yourself. In the end everyone must get their own experience.

Start self-enquiry now.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, Prabhaker said:

to conceive of meditation in terms of method – is basically wrong.

Can you please elaborate what you mean by this. This would help grow my understanding of meditation. 

@John Flores I appreciate your response, but I must admit I'm still confused. I practice meditation as described by Rupert Spira, "Be knowingly being"

How does "Be knowingly being" relate to your quote:

9 minutes ago, John Flores said:

Because there is no meditation. Right as in writing this to you in engaged in some kind of meditation, so I just did personal development....I engaged in meditation for one WHOLE minute.

I'm trying to make a connection :)

2 hours ago, Bodhi123 said:

Can you please elaborate what you mean by this.

Meditation, as such, needs no technique at all. But techniques are needed to remove the obstacles in the way of meditation. So it has to be understood very clearly: meditation itself needs no techniques, it is a simple understanding, an alertness, an awareness. Neither alertness is a technique nor is awareness a technique. But on the way to being alert, there are so many obstacles. For centuries man has been gathering those obstacles — they need to be removed. Meditation itself cannot remove them, certain techniques are needed to remove them.

So the work of the techniques is just to prepare the ground, is just to prepare the way, the passage. The techniques in themselves are not meditation. If you stop at the technique, you have missed the point. J. Krishnamurti was insisting his whole life that there is no technique for meditation. And the total result was not that millions of people attained to meditation; the total result was that millions of people became convinced that no technique is needed for meditation. But they forgot all about what they were going to do with the obstructions, the hindrances. So they remained intellectually convinced that no technique is needed.

No technique is needed at all as far as meditation is concerned. But what are you going to do with your mind? Your mind will create a thousand and one difficulties. Those techniques are needed to remove the mind from the way, to create a space in which the mind becomes quiet, silent, almost absent. Then meditation happens on its own accord.

Meditation is your nature, is your very potential. It is another name of alertness.

Meditation is simply awareness without any effort, an effortless alertness; it does not need any technique. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams, so much of the past, so much of the future ¯ it is not here now, and awareness has to be here now. The techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in this moment as if only this moment exists. Then there is no need of any technique.

Life is a complicated affair. There is good news, and there is bad news. The good news is that there is no need of any technique; but the bad news is, without any technique you are not going to get it.

8 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

techniques are needed to remove the obstacles in the way of meditation

8 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Meditation is your nature, is your very potential. It is another name of alertness.

Understood. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

the fabric that is everything including you, and that is nothing in its nature and so only perceivable when it stops its nothingness to be anything specific, which is everything. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE