mmKay

Microwaving food. Insidious technology or Modern Cooking Magic Pill?

6 posts in this topic

I'm re-visiting beliefs of mine and I noticed that I unconsciously tend to avoid microwaving food.

It's incredibly convenient and you can pull out some extremely quick and perhaps healthy meals if used properly. 

As the saying goes, you can't wing healthy eating. It requires planning.

What do you think? Is the microwave a friend or a foe? 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I don't see a problem with it for warming up food.

Don't use it to cook.

Most importantly make sure you're not microwaving with plastic containers. Use glass or ceramic.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Some of these are just candy, but I do enjoy chikpea flour + water+ ripe banana mug cake. It's a quality muffin in 60 seconds. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

If it helps you eat healthier food, save on buying daily or save on cooking daily then whatever damage it causes (which I don't believe it does as everyone uses it so we would know by mow) is worth it.

For people who don't know how to cook it is the only way to still make something warm other than getting takeaways

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Here's a confession: for many years (especially as a teenager), I would not stand directly in front of a microwave. I specifically mean putting my face/ brain up to close to it. It always gave off an extremely dodgy, chaotic energy which did not feel good in my body. Almost as if one's cells were being scrambled, or could start to break down somehow.

It was a very ancient microwave though, and kind of a POS. The door got jammed a lot.

I was not fully convinced at the time that I wasn't being overly paranoid and vigilant about it, like:

How-to-Make-a-Tin-Foil-Hat-1140x640.9370

But I was much more hypersensitive in a very porous way, like it felt like my body was not strong enough to handle my environment in many ways. Another example? Having to stay in places with fluorescent lighting was significantly worse than dealing with microwaves. A real vitality sapper. Even now, excessive fluorescent lighting over extended periods of time does make me feel less energetic.

IMO the approach I take these days is that it's better to build up vitality (including in one's emotions, attitudes, and thoughts, whenever possible) rather than to obsess too much about every possible thing which could be doing you harm in this world....many things which are unavoidable. And a nearly uncountable number of factors, some which we likely have no awareness of them yet because we lack the perception/ sensitivity overall as a species. Change what you can, but the stress and the fear and the hypervigilance, and feeling like you need to put up walls and barriers (or live in some sort of protective glass ball) to survive also has a profoundly negative, anti-life effect. (I've been there before, so I know what it's like.)

But microwaved food? I never noticed anything bad about it, even as a hypersensitive person... Also: most newer microwaves seem fine to me.

EDIT: apparently the FDA advises against standing in front of microwave doors, lest radiation leaks from it (I'm guessing it's a door construction/ repair issue?) They're a pretty conservative institution too, as government organizations tend to be. Interesting.

https://www.epa.gov/radtown/non-ionizing-radiation-used-microwave-ovens

Edited by eos_nyxia