Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandhu

The Authentic Self

3 posts in this topic

For the last few days I am feeling myself very relieved mentally. Basically, I observed people pleasing behaviors in me then study it thoroughly and came to realize what kind of bullshit I've been doing in my life. Now, I feel more peaceful and authentic since I've eradicated a big psychological problem.

I feel myself authentic and I've kind of Inner voice that is being a compass thing for me in every aspect of life and It's helping me well to cut a lot bullshit and doing the thing which I consider valuable. I want to ask you, Can you relate and explain a bit what's really going on and whether It's gonna sustain or NOt?

Congratulations! This is quite the accomplishment!

May I ask how you managed to work through the people pleasing habits? Was it through shadow work or therapy?

I had some interesting insights on magic truffles regarding the authentic self. To me it felt as you said, a compass that guides you to the life experience that was intended for you by source/God 

For me personally, it requires constant work and monitoring. I have to keep watching and catch myself to avoid falling back into people-pleasing behaviors. The good news is at least now you're aware and can watch for it. But a lot of it is an underlying part of your personality that's developed over many years, as a survival / defense mechanism. So it will likely take years to completely overcome.