Raptorsin7

I am living in a stage green hippy community AMA

46 posts in this topic

I am living in a stage green hippy community called Angsbaka for the next 2 weeks volunteering in the kitchen.

I thought it would be cool to do an AMA because I believe I stumbled into the type of energy and vibe that many on this forum could really use to propel themselves forward.

Feel free to ask anything, and I'll answer to the best of my ability 

Can't tell if I love it or hate it.

Jeez, just looked at the pics.  Looks freakin terrifying.

Be sure to watch this before you go: 

@thisintegrated It's been an incredible growing experience for me, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience so far.

I met a guy here who got a cancer diagnosis and completely accepted his death and he said it was like a burden got lifted off his shoulders and he completely changed his life. Unassuming people here have incredible depth.

18 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Jeez, just looked at the pics.  Looks freakin terrifying.

Bunch of hippy-folk doing dances and holding hands... I dunno.  I get the uneasiness with this type of setting.  But I also think maybe you're overblowing it a little bit.  Ya, sure, you can probably get some "weird" stuff happening there (dance circles, nudity, strange beliefs and experiences, etc.)... Buuuut I don't think equating it with the movie Midsommar is probably realistic.  Dunno.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

This is way to overblown xD. I've meet a guy who did something similar at a zen retreat and was before at a swedish yoga retreat, he was ISTP by my guess kind guy! Some culty stuff does happen two guys told me (the ISTP guy included), I went to a more rural area, so it was close to impossible as all eyes are basically on you, because the area was so small and integrated into society. Farmers and pedestrains passing by etc. Unsure what happens out in the wild. Ngl crazy stuff can occure, I'd definitely check the video from Leo how to recognize a cult. 

This is why I prefered Zen at the beginning, although it has culty elments to with the repression of sex and teachers abusing women etc. Media is overblowing it, if there is no full coverage life like Osho xD on fox.news or smth. so it's more dirty insight shit that can happen. At least one guy told me that the zen monastary in France I went to the sister monastary had some sexual condcut issues lol. 

The center I went to was very clean seemingly, they even allowed to drink beer and I presume some normal acceptance with excessive practice just counter-balances a lot of culty shit, and obviously somewhat clean members. Most would not even join a zen monastary for life. 

The second head of the monastary I went to opened up his own dojo, I presume as they wanted to spread and they created a new dojo. It's kinda beautiful, he was also seemingly clean, yet everything can happen like the Culadasa incident. I don't think any space is 100% cult free, and tbh it's also kinda funny if smth. like this happens. Although not to crazy hopefully and traumatic. 

Most won't really have the cognitive line mostly, because the experience would be fully stabilized as a structure-stage and not a state-stage, so dunno hope this comment is useful. 

At best it's funny drama. I don't have any ama's just wish you the best for your experience!

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Good for you! For the sake of experience and different perspective I would very gladly go myself.

Idk what to ask really. Anything you don't like there so far?

If you could write up some small report afterwards or notes on what you've learned I'd be happy to read it. :)

5 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

What have you learned there?

I've learned a lot, but here are the main takeaways.

I've learned how trust reality and to stop feeling the need to control my path. I continuously accept and surrender to what's happening and the steps on the path are unfolding spontaneously now.

I've become more tolerant of things/people I used to judge. Single mothers, trans people, gay people, hippy etc. I don't judge them and I feel great humility in not needing to be the morality police.

I am expanding my comfort zone and I'm pressing up against deep fears, like being naked around many people and living in a tiny room with 3 other people.

I feel it's easy to spend hours meditating while living here. Today I spent a good 3-4 hours meditating and I'm growing the confidence to meditate in public spaces. I had a women interrupt me to talk, and we had a great convo and I didn't need to do anything 

I've learned from the lives of other people. I'm interacting with such interesting and diverse people. Everyday I connect with new people and have conversations that blow my mind

7 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Bunch of hippy-folk doing dances and holding hands... I dunno.  I get the uneasiness with this type of setting.  But I also think maybe you're overblowing it a little bit.  Ya, sure, you can probably get some "weird" stuff happening there (dance circles, nudity, strange beliefs and experiences, etc.)... Buuuut I don't think equating it with the movie Midsommar is probably realistic.  Dunno.

Watch the film I linked.  It's a documentary about Swedish cults.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated Do you believe our boy Rap got himself into one.If that is so what are the dangers.

Dancing being naked and holding hands can't harm you in any way.

19 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Watch the film I linked.  It's a documentary about Swedish cults.

Bruh... that's not a documentary.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8772262/fullcredits --> here's the cast list.  

For example, the black guy's real name is William Jackson Harper.  He's an actor that was in a show called "The Good Place" alongside Kristen Bell and Ted Danson.

Wiki: 

• The film was shot on location in Budapest in the summer and autumn of 2018.
  • Midsommar is a 2019 folk horror film written and directed by Ari Aster... "
  • the film was initially pitched to Aster as a straightforward slasher film set among Swedish cultists
  • While elements of the original concept remain in the final product, the film's plot centers on a deteriorating relationship, inspired by a difficult breakup which Aster himself experienced.

Here's also an article comparing the movie to actual mid-summer festivals in Sweden, none of which the author said ever contained ritual suicides or anything like that, even in Medieval times.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a28259552/midsommer-movie-fact-check-real-swedish-midsummer-traditions/

Also, you can search "A24" (the production company) on wikipedia to see all the documentaries they made, Midsommar not being one of them. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Raptorsin7 How would you describe the energy?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

13 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Raptorsin7 How would you describe the energy?

Very chill, non judgmental, open, warm, some people struggling so you can sense its not all sunshine and rainbows.

I'd say it's a very cool place to visit and experience, but I have a longing to visit other communities and see what's out there. 

A big lesson here is that I'm motivated to explore other communities and learn from the diverse experiences of the people who live there 

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Very chill, non judgmental, open, warm, some people struggling so you can sense its not all sunshine and rainbows.

I'd say it's a very cool place to visit and experience, but I have a longing to visit other communities and see what's out there. 

A big lesson here is that I'm motivated to explore other communities and learn from the diverse experiences of the people who live there 

@Raptorsin7 Nice!

Be-Do-Have

2 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

Has this experience changed your political views or views around masculinity?

@Raptorsin7 I'm interested in this too

Be-Do-Have