Guest Edvardas

The true definition of what Forgiveness is

31 posts in this topic

Sin is impossible 

There's an incorrect definition of forgiveness? Yes, it's the accepted one:
"Psychologists generally define forgiveness as a conscious, deliberate decision to release feelings of resentment or vengeance toward a person or group who has harmed you, regardless of whether they actually deserve your forgiveness." Source

Notice that it never works, by the way. You can stop thinking about them, but you can't actually release the resentment towards them. Ups.

This is why the subject is so important. We want to learn how to release all resentments permanently. That will raise us out of negative feelings into a more peaceful state. The true tool to do so is True Forgiveness. I will capitalize the correct one to separate the two.

True Forgiveness is the act of realizing the Oneness of existence and releasing the object in question from his guilt by accepting that he and you both are innocent. Innocence is the realization that sin is impossible in the eyes of God. 

How is this achieved practically? Here's an example of a thought system rooted in Forgiveness:

1. A painful thought arises in any of its possible forms.

2. Notice it and acknowledge fully that it is here to be released. The tendency, especially for people who meditate, is to simply let it go. That does not release it. It only ignores it for the time being. To release - first notice it, then acknowledge that it is there for a reason - to be released. It will hurt. No one said that it's a walk in the park. There is a reason why you avoid it. Soldier through it and move on to step 3. 

3. Being fully present, analyze the reality of the thought at hand. Look at it with the eyes of God and judge, appropriately, if it is real or not. The release happens when you completely discredit the actuality of the thing that thought points to. Don't discredit the thought. Discredit what it is talking about. Catch this nuance, or miss everything.

Take what that thought is talking about, look at it, and, once again, using the Holy Vision, surrender it to God, with the knowledge that it has not occurred and will never occur. Most painful thoughts have never actually happened because you are dreaming a solipsistic dream, which hypnotizes you into believing that the world is actually real. Those thoughts are simply stories you told yourself, which aren't true, but still hurt you, because you believe in them.

The only reality is what God experiences firsthand in the Dream. The solipsistic hallucination is real, but only to the point of what is in the present moment. All else is stories and stuff.

Some say that nothing actually occurred in existence, which is an appropriate statement from the perspective of the Absolute, but while you are here, let me come over, punch you in the face, and then you can come back here and tell us that that didn't actually occur.

It does occur in the Presence of God, which is in the Primordial Here and Now.

To avoid suffering the appointed Karma for this life, get enlightened, and that will eliminate all suffering, including physical pain.

You don't think that Jesus actually suffered on the cross, do you? He was hard chilling. It's kinda badass to die in front of your girl by smiling in the face of death and then coming back shortly after to chill again. 

Anyway..

Nah, I'd say the psychologists definition is correct, it's just about finding a method to make it work, it's not as simple as flipping a switch.

@ZenAlex it's not about what you'd say, it's about what is.

6 hours ago, Edvardas said:

Take what that thought is talking about, look at it, and, once again, using the Holy Vision, surrender it to God, with the knowledge that it has not occurred and will never occur. Most painful thoughts have never actually happened because you are dreaming a solipsistic dream, which hypnotizes you into believing that the world is actually real. Those thoughts are simply stories you told yourself, which aren't true, but still hurt you, because you believe in them

5 hours ago, Edvardas said:

when you have resentment, anger, you have resentment towards god. You tell him: God, I deserved love, I am love, I could have had love. instead you gave me this shit. why? This is not how it should have been. once you realize love, its lack is intolerable. there is no duality, I am everything, the complete experience, my mother my father, but that complete experience was sadness, was hate,  was pain. I was that it was that pain, and all pain comes from fear. pain and lack of love are the spark that drives you to get rid of fear. there is nothing to forgive, only events that signaled your fear. It is now when we must get rid of that fear, to the root. 

But about those events, imo is good contemplate them in all their depth, in all their lack of love, to understand them, to savor them completely, without evasion, and to take them as an opportunity to go beyond fear.

The problem with forgiveness,

Is that karma does not forget.

@Artsu That's the point. Are you sure that True Forgiveness does not absolve karma? 

Just now, Edvardas said:

@Artsu That's the point. Are you sure that True Forgiveness does not absolve karma? 

Karma must be realised. This is a fundamental law of existence.

If you cause intentional harm to someone, you need to repay them.

50 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Karma must be realised. This is a fundamental law of existence.

If you cause intentional harm to someone, you need to repay them.

What if you realize that you did not harm them, because sin is impossible due to the nature of existence?

2 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

What if you realize that you did not harm them, because sin is impossible due to the nature of existence?

That makes no sense.

58 minutes ago, Artsu said:

That makes no sense.

Do you really hurt other people in your dream? What if you realized you were dreaming now?

3 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Do you really hurt other people in your dream? What if you realized you were dreaming now?

Other people are real.

Evil is real, and has to pay the consequences.

Accept it.

3 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Other people are real.

Which element of this reality proves to you that it is more real than you dreams at night?  

There is no you, there is no free will.

In the light of infinite love, forgiveness and/or mercilessness loses all meaning. Neither can exist.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Just now, axiom said:

There is no you, there is no free will.

Not true. 

If there was not free will, there wouldn't be karma.

I believe trying to forgive others is a wrong practice, which is why it rarely works. The only one I need to forgive is myself. The rest falls into place.

29 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Which element of this reality proves to you that it is more real than you dreams at night?  

Do you honestly believe the nonsense you are spouting?

Either me, or all of you guys are off the rails completly. 

55 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Either me, or all of you guys are off the rails completly. 

The whole frame is wrong.

Apparently.