integral

What psychedelics are useful for productivity when microdosed?

14 posts in this topic

I’m looking to try microdosing with a psychedelic to help with mood, motivation and productivity to work on my projects. Does anyone have any experience with this? I’m looking into LSD. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I am trying to figure this out as well right now. I think it’s very individual but a common trend seems to be that psylocibin is better for socialization/teamwork and mood while lsd makes you better in individual tasks. 
In my personal experience I can definitely underline that psylocibin helps me more with social situations and mood then lsd although lsd helps as well. 

Definitely LSD. When I used to do it, I would describe it as an exotic coffee.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yeah I would agree with LSD. You can do volume metric dosing, and have a "dropper vial' and you can make at least 10 doses at a time. It will increase your creative thinking noticeably. It also can increase your alertness.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

LSD for sure, gotta get the dose right though. Too high a microdose and you'll be spacing out a bit too much. But in terms of mood lift, access to creative thoughts, and increased energy and motivation it's hard to beat. Plus the 8-12h duration makes LSD ideal for the effects to last all day.

I microed with San Pedro for a while and thought that was pretty effective too. similar to LSD in duration and stimulation and mood lifting effects, without the spaciness, and the dosage is far more forgiving.

Modafinil will be better than psychedelics for work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Modafinil will be better than psychedelics for work.

It made me feel like a robot. I think it's not the kind of productivity people generally look for.

Good for tasks that are purely analytical and repetitive. Not good for creative tasks.

Doesn't increase motivation but does help with productivity.

53 minutes ago, vladorion said:

It made me feel like a robot. I think it's not the kind of productivity people generally look for.

Good for tasks that are purely analytical and repetitive. Not good for creative tasks.

Doesn't increase motivation but does help with productivity.

Would you say it would help with learning mathematics ?

26 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Would you say it would help with learning mathematics ?

It could. I still wouldn't recommend it. It feels pretty heavy duty to me and lasts a long time.

I used mushroom chocolate a few times; useful for having a playful mood, perhaps for some creativity tasks. Also helped immensely my concentration ability. But it isn't ideal.

LSD was good. Helped me relax, increase intuition (like an implicit intelligence/creativity), and be more in my body.

@integral Ime with mini-dosing, the form of motivation and productivity is a bigger issue than the form of psychedelic. 

I prefer to mini-dose at threshold than micro-dose below threshold. At a mini dose, my mental state becomes much more fluid, creative and can see bigger picture connections. This comes at the cost of less logic, analysis and concrete structure.

For example, if I was mini-dosing and reading a scientific article, my mind would be making all sorts of connections between the scientific research to larger contexts of history, art, social systems, evolution, economics etc. As well, my mind would be using lots of metaphors and analogies.  I would be less interested and less able to critically analyze the details of the data.

For critical analysis of details, a mini dose of adderall is the most effective. A compromise between the two would be modafinil. 

For mini-dosing psychs, my favorite is ald-52. For me, its the smoothest and has very little body load. 

10 hours ago, Tahuti said:

That is an herbal supplement. It also sucks. Vitamin(B)-6&12, Ginko Biloba, Gaba, Glutamate, Bacopa monnieri and Zinc picolinate will be far more effective. 

idk I also find rhodiola useful.