Artsu

Mystical experiences, and mania etc.

62 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Artsu said:

This whole fricking forum could be 'rightfully' diagnosed as schizophrenic.

Look at what you guys talk about!

Do you think that the mental health system would actually approve of these discussions?

Spirituality is demonised by the mental health system.

Mystical experiences are not acknowledged.

Talking to spirits is a hallucination associated with schizophrenia, apparently.

Yet we're not in a mental hospital. It's usually when you end up acting very out of the ordinary, to the point where people fear for your safety, that you're likely to end up in a mental hospital. Talking to spirits just means you're a psychic. Nobody goes around throwing psychics in the mental hospital.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard Have you been in the system for a prolonged length of time?  Even when you are recovered and acting normally, once you are in the system, the system is exceptionally sticky and not tolerant or open-minded.  You are thought mad if you speak about your experiences and 'psychic abilities'.  Once you are in the system, good luck getting out.  Might as well throw away the key. 

???????

9 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

@Carl-Richard Have you been in the system for a prolonged length of time?  Even when you are recovered and acting normally, once you are in the system, the system is exceptionally sticky and not tolerant or open-minded.  You are thought mad if you speak about your experiences and 'psychic abilities'.  Once you are in the system, good luck getting out.  Might as well throw away the key. 

My dad has, but it usually goes a few years between each visit. That's probably true though. But I don't think that e.g. if a schizophrenic who is not currently hospitalized started labeling themselves as a psychic and started talking to people's dead relatives that they would be thrown back in again. 

Edited by Carl-Richard

14 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Yet we're not in a mental hospital. It's usually when you end up acting very out of the ordinary, to the point where people fear for your safety, that you're likely to end up in a mental hospital. Talking to spirits just means you're a psychic. Nobody goes around throwing psychics in the mental hospital.

Didn't you read what I said when I said they justify keeping me in there because I talk to spirits?

That's literally why they keep me there.

The fact that you don't believe it would happen shows that you're OPEN to believing how corrupt the mental health system is, but you're not there yet.

You'll get there, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Artsu said:

Didn't you read what I said when I said they justify keeping me in there because I talk to spirits?

The fact that you don't believe it would happen shows that you're OPEN to believing how corrupt the mental health system is, but you're not there yet.

Why don't you just stop talking to them while you are in there and no longer talk about your mystical experiences to the people in there? I don't understand why you are even letting them know of anything like this, it's obvious they would interpret it as a mental illness.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Just now, amanen said:

Why don't you just stop talking to them while you are in there and no longer talk about your mystical experiences to the people in there? I don't understand why you are even letting them know of anything like this, it's obvious they would interpret it as a mental illness.

I said this earlier.

I am very honest.

If they ask me if I still talk to spirits, I am going to say yes I do.

I could lie to get myself out of it. I did lie once, and they didn't lock me away. But in general I believe in being honest.

I am fighting for people's rights here!

1 hour ago, Artsu said:

So this is normal for spiritual people?

I've been locked in the psych ward for talking about it. And I'm very honest so I keep talking about it.

How do I get out of this trap?

I personally keep everything I glean from higher states of consciousness secret as I view it to be sacrosanct. Besides, humans struggle to comprehend these things anyway, as you know from direct experience.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

3 minutes ago, amanen said:

Also, the fact that you said "it's obvious" shows that you understand the corruption.

@Carl-Richard take note.

3 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Were you hospitalized because you were talking to spirits, or is it that they don't let you leave because you're talking to spirits?

Just now, Artsu said:

@Carl-Richard have you ever had prolonged mystical experiences?

That is what this thread is about.

I can't answer that when I'm unclear what you mean by the concept.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Were you hospitalized because you were talking to spirits, or is it that they don't let you leave because you're talking to spirits?

I can't answer that when I'm unclear what you mean by the concept.

I was unable to leave because of it.

I was put in there because my mum was worried about me and called them.

Once you're in the system, one phone call is all it takes.

Needless to say, my mum doesn't understand mystical experiences.

Her perceptions of me mean nothing.

And your perceptions of me mean even less.

Edited by Artsu

Just now, Artsu said:

If they ask me if I still talk to spirits, I am going to say yes I do.

I could lie to get myself out of it. I did lie once, and they didn't lock me away. But in general I believe in being honest.

You don't have to lie, what I do is turn it around on them. "Are you claiming I have supernatural powers?" is the kind of question I tend to ask people when they try to put me in a corner.

So, for you, in this specific scenario you mentioned. I'd say, "By what power do you think I could communicate with the dead? They're dead... that would be some awesome ability if indeed there was someone doing that." The bottom line is, don't outright deny the truth, but force the other party into admitting that they don't know if you're telling the truth or not. That way, you appear totally sane to them, and they can't hold anything against you.

2 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

humans struggle to comprehend these things anyway, as you know from direct experience.

And this is what makes what Leo does so fascinating. Because unlike me, he actually goes out of his way to make these kinds of things known publicly. 

Just now, JuliusCaesar said:

You don't have to lie, what I do is turn it around on them. "Are you claiming I have supernatural powers?" is the kind of question I tend to ask people when they try to put me in a corner.

So, for you, in this specific scenario you mentioned. I'd say, "By what power do you think I could communicate with the dead? They're dead... that would be some awesome ability if indeed there was someone doing that." The bottom line is, don't outright deny the truth, but force the other party into admitting that they don't know if you're telling the truth or not. That way, you appear totally sane to them, and they can't hold anything against you.

And this is what makes what Leo does so fascinating. Because unlike me, he actually goes out of his way to make these kinds of things known publicly. 

I try that, and will try again, but ultimately these people are unreasonable.

It doesn't matter what the truth is, it's whatever they decide.

Also, they view argumentation as evidence that one is mentally ill.

I've had very bad experiences as a result of standing up for myself.

Anyway, I'm hoping I don't get put in this situation again.

I have a psychiatrist appointment in the coming weeks where I will do more work for my case.

Wish me luck!

6 minutes ago, Artsu said:

I try that, and will try again, but ultimately these people are unreasonable.

The way I see it, that just as much works to your advantage as it could be to your detriment. Be more unreasonable than they are.

It doesn't matter what the truth is, it's whatever they decide.

Also, they view argumentation as evidence that one is mentally ill.

Exactly. So, use their own arguments against them. Make them look like the superstitious nutters.

And keep the truth about your spiritual experiences to yourself, and/or within the confines of environments where the truth about these matters is welcome, like with me or others on this forum.

I've had very bad experiences as a result of standing up for myself.

Sure, but you've been doing the opposite of that the way I see it. You should keep your paranormal experiences to yourself, or at least don't share them with normies who can't handle the possibility of these things being real.

I have a psychiatrist appointment in the coming weeks where I will do more work for my case.

Find out what their worldview is and ensure that everything you say conforms to their expectations. If they bring up your past, use their own logic against them.

Wish me luck!

Sure, but if you follow my advice, I don't believe that you need luck. You and I both know they'll leave you alone if they think you agree with everything that they believe to be true about reality.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

I was unable to leave because of it.

I was put in there because my mum was worried about me and called them.

Once you're in the system, one phone call is all it takes.

Needless to say, my mum doesn't understand mystical experiences.

Her perceptions of me mean nothing.

And your perceptions of me mean even less.

Last question: was she only worried about you talking to spirits or was it something else?

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Last question: was she only worried about you talking to spirits or was it something else?

It was something else.

I talk to spirits throughout the day, every day.

Does no one else change their behaviour when going through mystical experiences?

I find your constant questioning highly offensive.

Contribute to the thread, or move on.

Yes I'm aware that you said that was your last question, but I am NOT OKAY with this personal attack you've launched against me.

You're a corrupt individual. I'm not saying that the other members of this forum aren't, but you've made this personal.

Please, contribute productively. Stop tearing down with your evil idiocy.

I don't agree with lying.  But in this case where I can't keep my mouth closed in the system for whatever reason I usually tell them a white lie that I'm a part of some organized religion and I have a gift of the spirit.  You should see their whole body language shift.  They are not allowed to discriminate, especially against something involving organized religion.  That's if I struggle keeping my mouth closed, for whatever reason.  Due to stress or for whatever reason.  I understand if you want to remain honest but eventually the system grates on you to no end and you just want to be the left the hell alone. 

???????

Oh, and if you want to know more about why I get locked away, look at how I just spoke to Carl.

You can only imagine how I address corrupt authority in general, whether that be a moderator, parent, or mental health worker.

Prestige means nothing to me. I will call it as I see it.

2 minutes ago, Artsu said:

It was something else.

It doesn't matter what it was, you could have told them that you became bigfoot and ate the moon and found out it was made of cheese. All you have to do is pretend to be normal by never mentioning to them your experiences henceforth. And pretending to be "normal". then they'll think you've reformed and aren't "crazy" anymore.

You can only imagine how I address corrupt authority in general, whether that be a moderator, parent, or mental health worker.

If you care so little about these people, why don't you manipulate them into treating you like a healthy individual. Which, as far as I can see, you are.

Just now, JuliusCaesar said:

It doesn't matter what it was, you could have told them that you became bigfoot and ate the moon and found out it was made of cheese. All you have to do is pretend to be normal by never mentioning to them your experiences henceforth. And pretending to be "normal". then they'll think you've reformed and aren't "crazy" anymore.

If you care so little about these people, why don't you manipulate them into treating you like a healthy individual. Which, as far as I can see, you are.

Key word: manipulate.

I've never had a practice of manipulation and can't see myself adopting one.