Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

Should We Try to Spread These Teachings?

9 posts in this topic

I understand that most people are not yet open to these types of radical understandings, however, I’m sure that there are many who would be open, but just haven’t yet found the proper sources of information

There is the issue of being misinterpreted.  I’m sure there are many types of minds where only having a partial understanding could be worse than no understanding.  For that reason, maybe talking to people individually is more appropriate than public statements.  It’s worth considering that gatekeeping within past spiritual traditions likely existed for a reason

Despite the profound nature of our realizations, I suppose these things are likely to be lumped into the dismissive category “new-age” by the average person, and not have much impact.  Also, our more radical claims could lead to conflict and reputational damage.

Finally, something that I’m still unsure about is the claim that “the purpose of the dream is to wake up”.  That is my own belief, however, I think the purpose of the dream could also be to continue dreaming.  I wouldn’t want to ruin someone’s dream if they were enjoying it.

Finally, something that I’m still unsure about is the claim that “the purpose of the dream is to wake up”.  That is my own belief, however, I think the purpose of the dream could also be to continue dreaming. I wouldn’t want to ruin someone’s dream if they were enjoying it.

The purpose of the dream is infinite in nature. Because it can be anything you want to make it. There is no 'objective' purpose because any purpose can be objective depending on your POV. To define a purpose one needs to go outside of what it's defining but you can't go outside of the dream/reality. Any purpose you may find will always be a part of the dream. By saying all this I am not avoiding the problem of "What's the purpose of this dream?", this IS the answer. 

So honestly it's not even that deep whether you should help someone awaken from the dream or not. It's not like you'll EVER go against the purpose of the dream lol. And if you worry about whether you'll mess someone up by delivering the teachings at the wrong time, well that's a question regarding personal ethics. That depends on where you draw the line and that's very relative.

In my experience people will come to the teachings themselves, when you try and sell people on it, it rarely works. The best way to teach is to be the example yourself, if you live in peace and joy, people will notice and most likely ask you, in which case you will be available. 

If you feel a need to spread, then explore why that is, keep in mind every ideology feels the need to spread it, no matter how toxic it might be. 

@Consept I don’t necessarily feel the need to spread anything, it just feels wrong to keep it a secret if it could benefit people.  I know that going around telling everyone that they’re dreaming isn’t going to get the message across, though.  Maybe it is the case that only certain individuals will fall into the circumstances to begin pursuing these things.  Although I do see a certain elitism to keeping these teachings contained within insular communities

Jesus said not to cast your pearls before swine. Not as an insult to people who aren't ready to hear, but to underscore the futility of trying to teach them. I agree with Tolle:

Never talk about presence with someone that isn’t interested in presence; the best way to teach presence is to be present.

- Eckhart Tolle

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

what teachings? telling people that it is god dreaming is stupidity of the caliber of any other religious dogma. a lot of people believe it, and convince themselves of it, and think they've really realized it. god dreaming reality. what is god ? and what is dreaming? and what is reality? Leo is probably right and no one here has realized God. and we all talk about god. what's this? religion?

@bmcnicho  Were I Leo I'd say to you. "Yes! Go, my minion! Proselytize them in the name of all that is Leo GuraGOD!

But since I'm not, I'll tell you what I think about this. I don't believe it's wise to impart these truths to the general public, they simply aren't ready for it. And the few who are will likely find their own way to them, which may or may not include listening to some of Leo's videos and ingesting copious amounts of mind-altering chemicals. 

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Nobody listens until they're ready. If you go out trying to spread this kind of spirituality to normies, you appear no different than a flat earther to them.

It's not something you can explain to someone in 10 minutes. You can't just bring it up to somebody at a party or on the train. You need their undivided attention and a willingness to learn.

Your best shot would be to cast a wide net and let people come to you. Put up a billboard (or flyers on telephone poles if you're on a budget) with some vague spiritual-sounding statement like "Do you think there's more to life than this?" and then provide a short URL to a site with a brief overview of what you believe, or to a Youtube video. But at that point you're getting dangerously close to cult territory. And you're also more likely to attract a whole bunch of hurt, lost, and confused people as opposed to stable and successful people who just need to make the jump to spirituality.

10 hours ago, Consept said:

In my experience people will come to the teachings themselves, when you try and sell people on it, it rarely works. The best way to teach is to be the example yourself, if you live in peace and joy, people will notice and most likely ask you, in which case you will be available. 

If you feel a need to spread, then explore why that is, keep in mind every ideology feels the need to spread it, no matter how toxic it might be. 

^^This. But I completely get the desire. I would say you can write about it publicly, post some videos on Youtube, and if you hear some people are into Spirituality you can ask them about their beliefs and what they know. You could then offer if they are open to going deeper, but also with the caveat of the dangers of going deeper. If they are not open to it fine, if they are....which most are deluding themselves that they are open to going deep then you can proceed but proceed with caution.

Most people I have come across do not understand that Spirituality= Death....the actual legit experience of the end of your life to discover that you are actually dead and alive right now. But you have to actually experience what that actually feels like....to truly be able to accept it. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86