no_name

Is the universe actually guiding you?

34 posts in this topic

Is the “universe” actually guiding you to growth? Is “growth” always the reason for all the challenges we get in life? 

No. 
Nobody is "guiding" anywhere. you are your own guide, same goes for other people.
what is occuring is we are living inside our own ideas about ourselves and currently, these ideas are shitty. 
if you find this statement currect - then create better ideas. and guide yourself and society to a better place, 

I'd say yes. there is an upward current, towards growth. "external" events guide you, they are opportunities to polish yourself. If you don't take advantage of them, you stay stuck. if you do, you go to the next level

@no_name The universe seems to be like an endless series of giant waves of causality. It rises up, finds its apex, then falls into a crescendo before completely dissolving as it meets the shore.

But there is no you.

Apparently.

All these answers come to you from the universe, it is all the universe giving you answers, and as you can see, they are all saying something different. And I'd say that universe is guiding you in a nonphysical sense, therefore it is an inner guidance that you're feeling. 

10 hours ago, no_name said:

Is the “universe” actually guiding you to growth? Is “growth” always the reason for all the challenges we get in life? 

Yes its guiding you towards growth but all growth is illusion. The only growth it is guiding you on is towards infinite love. Its a game you can't fail because at the end of the dream....you go infinite. So....you literally can't fail at life...but you could....make a nightmare. So you also placed awakening as a way to escape the nightmare....but that would take you overcoming fear to even accomplish that.

This game is won when you become impartial. If you can love all of life equally then you have reached balance. So that means you cannot be afraid to die, so you won't experience life through the lense of fear. Instead you are able to be open to every experience. Since life is just your own subconscious thoughts and your avatar is itself a thought....your life is just you thinking and traveling through your own mind/exploring. 

Its a hologram. 

Everywhere you go.....there you are. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

It's generally a healthy way of looking at things.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Tolle teaches that evolution is the mechanism Consciousness uses to become aware of itself, within the universe. As I see it, there is no free will in the universe, only a series of relative causes and effects, like a cosmic pinball machine. Consciousness is the ultimate player sending each ball ricocheting as it wills.

The Universe is engaged in the process of awakening, or becoming more conscious, and every life form is gradually becoming more conscious…After mass extinctions, new life forms even more complex developed…What we see is only the surface reality. There is a vast intelligence operating underneath the world of phenomena. This vast intelligence is consciousness, the universal consciousness, and that is the ultimate reality…It’s not finished. God is still creating this world and you are an essential part of this creative process. You are not separate from the awakening; you are an expression of the awakening…Now there is not only the evolution of consciousness. There is also conscious evolution of consciousness…That happens when you face an external situation and bring conscious presence to it, rather than reactivity…The next thing that is going to happen, to a large extent depends on your state of consciousness at this moment…Reality changes as a reflection of collective consciousness.

- Eckhart Tolle

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

there's nowhere to be guided to, this is already everything!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You are the Universe. It will guide you to the degree that you take seriously the process of guiding yourself.

The Universe will not guide you if you just sit around watching cartoons and eating pizza and that's your aim in life.

How badly do you want growth, Truth, Love, and Consciousness? The guidance will be proportional to your desire for, and interest in, it. Which is why it's crucial to get really clear about what you want in life.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@no_name It is always guiding you and communicating with you. Everything you see is literally God aka yourself. But at the end like Leo is saying its your free choice to decide to say yes or no. Go towards awakening or just continue sleepwalking in your life.

I feel like the universe is guiding me toward something, but I couldn't tell you what. 

It's like the universe flattens out a path for me. You can choose to go off the path, but you make the journey a lot harder for yourself. Or you can just go with the flow and trust the universe to provide for you.

I've built up an intuition for what the universe wants me to do, and follow that. It's not necessarily always towards growth and positive things.

When I do what the universe wants, life becomes pretty much effortless and automatic. What I need just falls into my lap. All I have to do is go along for the ride.

Or I'm delusional and applying weird supernatural logic to survivor's bias, who knows lol

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are the Universe. It will guide you to the degree that you take seriously the process of guiding yourself.

The Universe will not guide you if you just sit around watching cartoons and eating pizza and that's your aim in life.

How badly do you want growth, Truth, Love, and Consciousness? The guidance will be proportional to your desire for, and interest in, it. Which is why it's crucial to get really clear about what you want in life.

The universe decides/controls how much desire and motivation you have. There is not a single thing that isn't decided by the universe, it controls every aspect of you.

Edited by Holykael

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This, to me, is one of the most beautiful, important things you have ever said. And that's saying a lot.

Bravo.

@no_name

I'd say that if you look to find guiding from life, then that's what you find. Everything is guiding you to different directions so it's up to you to decide where you want to go and what force to listen. That's what I'd call true manifestation.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@no_name People infatuate themselves with magical thinking to cope with the cognitive dissonance of the sense of self.

The universe guiding you is simply having more clarity through wisdom as to what is causing you suffering and what isn't, there is no seperate entity around you guiding you but your own inherent wisdom as the non-seperate, non-dualistic, all-encompassing universe itself.

You are the universe guiding itself towards it's own liberation of the seperateness of the conditioned self, the more conscious you do this you realize that's all you have been doing your entire life. But there's also no 'one' doing it, the one 'doing' is when you are getting identified as the 'I' within your experience as the totality of the universe.

So there is no 'one' or seperate entity guiding you, just this underlying awareness realizing more and more the reality to the properties of its own awareness. 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

^^Well this is true to an extent Leo. A more accurate description is you can't bullshit Reality because it is you. So if you are watching cartoons and eating pizza but you have a deep desire to get moving but are full of fear and ignorance....reality will allow events to unfold to get you moving. It meets you where you are at. Now if you are bullshitting yourself and actually don't want to take action....nothing along those lines will appear for you.

So while you do need some courage, reality knows if you really want truth/love and based on your level of fear versus desire it will guide you towards it. This has been my experience, it gives you events equivalent to your level of courage, and sometimes might give you tense events sometimes you think you cannot handle (you can) and in retrospect you realize that event was at the exact limit you were capable of handling which might have felt terrifying at the time. 

But all in all, reality is your slave and gives you the desires of your heart, but are you open to the experience....because..ITS A TRIP!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

35 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

^^Well this is true to an extent Leo. A more accurate description is you can't bullshit Reality because it is you. So if you are watching cartoons and eating pizza but you have a deep desire to get moving but are full of fear and ignorance....reality will allow events to unfold to get you moving. It meets you where you are at. Now if you are bullshitting yourself and actually don't want to take action....nothing along those lines will appear for you.

So while you do need some courage, reality knows if you really want truth/love and based on your level of fear versus desire it will guide you towards it. This has been my experience, it gives you events equivalent to your level of courage, and sometimes might give you tense events sometimes you think you cannot handle (you can) and in retrospect you realize that event was at the exact limit you were capable of handling which might have felt terrifying at the time. 

But all in all, reality is your slave and gives you the desires of your heart, but are you open to the experience....because..ITS A TRIP!!!

Reality is not the slave. We are slaves to reality. All possibilities must exist. We are slaves to the current possibility. It's not here to fulfill here your desires. It's here for its own sake. The possibility that wants to be actualised will be actualised no matter what. God controls everything, if you are not taking action it is because god doesn't want you to take action. I'm tired of seeing this bullshit perspective that reality is somehow this open sandbox when it is a blockchain... Immutable and set in stone.

For god it is a sandbox, for us down here it is the absolute prison with no choice.

Edited by Holykael