Manny

Is inner work and self love bullshit?

57 posts in this topic

If you realize absolute truth, those other things will be ticked off in the process. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

This is just a classic case of different stages on the spiral having different needs and some people not having integrated lower stages.

If you want to be really good at inner work, you should already have some good money. You don't have to be rich, but you shouldn't be slaving away all day.

@Something Funny that's what i thought alsof. These coaches can only tell you what do to do like things as semen retention,80 hour work week , have 3 jobs .. almost nobody has abundance in all of his life and they have no proof if they themself have done this things. Like how do you want to start a family if you work 80 hours?? 

On 11/20/2022 at 9:21 AM, Manny said:

@NoSelfSelf hes talking about conrolling your toughts,emotions and behaviours and critiquing things like meditation etc..

Seems like inner work to me.

Maybe I misunderstood.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

3 hours ago, Something Funny said:

At least Leo treats his work as an art and puts real effort and thought into creating the most unique and high quality content out there, instead of posting 10 minute long brain farts that nobody gives a fuck about.

As much as I bash and dislike Leo's style and way he treats and communicates with people... ya, this is fair.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

It is whatever the individual says it is. If the individual says it’s helpful, it is. If they say it’s bullshit, a manipulation, propaganda, immoral, a sin, the truth, whatever they say, it is-this is what Leo is teaching you. This is really the main point of what Leo is teaching you and if you realized this then you don’t need anymore theoretical self-help (even then, I would never personally call it bullshit, it’s not at all)

Self compassion is the key. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

These hypermasculine self help gurus that say that inner work doesn't matter are just glorified gaslighters. They exploit your insecurities and traumas and to sell you their cure which basically boils down to different versions of 'man up and get your shit together'.  How are you going to do that when your brain was wired to be in a state of fear from childhood trauma? These gurus would then say 'stop making excuses and being a victim' which is just more gaslighting and victim blaming.

Look closely at the guy. How do you know he is qualified to even give advice? How do you know he's successful? Seems to me like its just some dude trying to make money off youtube by pandering to the masculine self help crowd.

Look at all the successful men today? Do you think they spent hours on self help videos on how to be a high value man?

This is akin to saying that product and business development is more important than theoretical physics because it is more practical.

Actually, theoretical physics is more important, however the stuff that is most important requires the most intelligence to appreciate.

The problem with Stage Orange self-helf is that it suffers from the myopia of materialism.

You shouldn't expect materialistic people to appreciate the importance of philosophy or spirituality. They don't have enough intelligence to understand how practical inner game is.

Inner game is the highest level of work. And because it is, most people cannot appreciate its importance.

You have to do 10 years of development work just to get to the point of seeing the value of Actualized.org topics.

The more abstract the work gets, the more powerful it gets, but the fewer humans will relate to it.

Also, anyone who reduces my work to "just theory" is obviously not seriously engaging with it.

The difference between my work and typical self-help is that I am doing serious philosophy, with a focus on the deepest existential matters, not merely how to become successful. Most self-help is shallowly focused on success.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

self-love ≠ Self-Love

This guy talks about people with depression. Actualized.org is specifically not a place to heal your depression.

It's stated in the User Guidelines.

And I agree with him. If you are depressed it can be because you are too much concerned with your own life and don't care enough about others. Which again Self-Love fixes but there are other ways to do it.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The difference between my work and typical self-help is that I am doing serious philosophy on an armchair, with a focus on the deepest existential matters, not merely how to become successful. Most self-help is shallowly focused on success.

corrected :P

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

Planet Earth is imagined by your Mind. Until you understand this, you are a fool. And no self-help guru is intelligent enough to understand this.

Distinguish who is serious and who is not.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 hours ago, universe said:

self-love ≠ Self-Love

This guy talks about people with depression. Actualized.org is specifically not a place to heal your depression.

It's stated in the User Guidelines.

And I agree with him. If you are depressed it can be because you are too much concerned with your own life and don't care enough about others. Which again Self-Love fixes but there are other ways to do it.

As if depression will be cured by conventional means.

That really isn’t helping me make a distinction between philosophy and theory. @Leo Gura 

thank you for your contribution to our collective meaning making on the other hand

11 minutes ago, John Paul said:

That really isn’t helping me make a distinction between philosophy and theory. @Leo Gura 

thank you for your contribution to our collective meaning making on the other hand

Don't be so eager to distinguish theory from practice.

Theory informs absolutely everything practical you do.

Treating something as "just theory" is one of the most naive takes you can have. Every piece of information guides your actions.

Notice, even the idea that "inner work is bullshit" is theory. And it's very dangerous theory because it isn't recognized as such and yet it runs your mind.

There is no such thing as running a computer without software. So dismissing something as "just software" is very foolish. Software is the difference between landing on Mars and not.

Edited by Leo Gura

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is akin to saying that product and business development is more important than theoretical physics because it is more practical.

The problem is if someone goes to the doctor and says my arm is hurting and then the doctor says spend a few years studying the muscular and skeletal systems, although that is more advanced and will give you a better understanding of your body it doesn't actually help you practically. 

Inner work is very important, essential even but if people haven't sorted their traumas and haven't built up self sufficiency I notice that inner work can and is often used as a way to avoid that stuff. In reality everything could and should be done in tandem but if you think people don't have to do the basic grow up and clean up stuff and can just have realisations while the parents fund their life, I don't think that amounts to an actualized person. 

56 minutes ago, Consept said:

The problem is if someone goes to the doctor and says my arm is hurting and then the doctor says spend a few years studying the muscular and skeletal systems, although that is more advanced and will give you a better understanding of your body it doesn't actually help you practically. 

Being caught in a cycle of having to put out fires is to have already failed at life.

If you are in such a dire situation that your life doesn't have space for theory, you are worse off than a homeless person.

Edited by Leo Gura