omar30

How to know if a trading mentor is a scam ?

31 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

1. If you rely on others for trades, you'll never go far enough to retire from it.  It's all or nothing.  If you pay for shortcuts you're just wasting money.

2. It's easy to make a million in a day an hour without knowing anything about trading.  Just already have a million, and wait months/years for the perfect opportunity to come around, and a single 100% trade will profit you a million.

How do you even find these scammers anyway?  What are you googling to find them?  "get rich quick scheme that's not a scam"?

I didn't some scammer messaged me for his services so I searched for this stuff and found tons of telegram channels selling the same shit Idk if some of the paid VIP is a scams or not yet.

1 minute ago, omar30 said:

I didn't some scammer messaged me for his services so I searched for this stuff and found tons of telegram channels selling the same shit Idk if some of the paid VIP is a scams or not yet.

Can you imagine a more obvious scam?

I can't.

Dude's literally spamming you asking for money.

Just now, thisintegrated said:

I can't.

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

I can't.

Yeah I know but what about the telegram channels?

Just now, omar30 said:

Yeah I know but what about the telegram channels?

What kind of a trader uses telegram?

9 hours ago, omar30 said:

i have made 60$ with 150$ capital on my own yesterday lol.

I'll qualify again, on average the max you can make is 4% a day as a great trader. So of course you can make 100% in one day but if you were to do that over a long period of time you will probably lose money. 

I'm gonna be real though, maybe if you really loved trading and spent hours even years studying and practising it might help you escape wage slavery, but even then it's not really providing value. You seem to want to not put in any work or perceived risk and not provide any value but still escape wage slavery. This is not a moral judgement but I will tell you this plan will definitely not work and has never worked, ask 99% of people trying to do it with crypto. Consider that if it was that easy for everyone to make money, wouldn't everyone just do that and be rich?

If it’s too good to be true, it’s a scam. You might have to get knocked out to learn idk.

Just ask him for audited results. If he is a winner, learn from him, if not pass. As easy as that.

I have personal experience with mentorship programs and I got burned basically. Wasted a couple years in my early twenties and thousands for ultimately nothing. My life would look different if I hadn't "signed up" for it. It was not related to trading but I think what I learnet from it about online programs as a business still apply.

A couple of rules for detecting a course that is more interested in being sold than teach,

basically:

• If the program guarantees money in any way, especially a specific amount, then stay away. 
    • A good course is about learning first and foremost. When a program guarantees money, that is merely a marketing strategy to make the deal seem less raw and like passing up the deal makes you lose value. The prices of these courses and programs are marked up considerably, so they need you to be willing to fork over the dough somehow.
  • What you can learn from these courses, you typically can learn elsewhere. Cheaper or for free.
    • 80% of a program is about selling you on a particular vision. There might be an ideological angle too.
  • If the ability to connect to a father figure type personality is implicitly part of the marketing, then definitely stay away (Andrew Tate for example).
    • A good course won't try to appeal to your need to please a father figure. It won't be relevant, because it'll be simply about learning something concrete and specific.

With all that said, you can still learn from these program and there might be genuinely good advice, but you have to contend with the fact that you are most likely being upsold. To me, the simplest rule is to look out for any guarantees of money. Those are dead give aways that the course is atleast overpriced for what its worth. 

Edited by Basman

@omar30 Dude, Stay away from stocks until you have more than 100k to invest in big and solid companies. 

Just stay away from these stuff and from crypto. Focus on more solid and grounded ways to generate money. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

4 hours ago, Basman said:

I have personal experience with mentorship programs and I got burned basically. Wasted a couple years in my early twenties and thousands for ultimately nothing. My life would look different if I hadn't "signed up" for it. It was not related to trading but I think what I learnet from it about online programs as a business still apply.

A couple of rules for detecting a course that is more interested in being sold than teach,

basically:

• If the program guarantees money in any way, especially a specific amount, then stay away. 
    • A good course is about learning first and foremost. When a program guarantees money, that is merely a marketing strategy to make the deal seem less raw and like passing up the deal makes you lose value. The prices of these courses and programs are marked up considerably, so they need you to be willing to fork over the dough somehow.
  • What you can learn from these courses, you typically can learn elsewhere. Cheaper or for free.
    • 80% of a program is about selling you on a particular vision. There might be an ideological angle too.
  • If the ability to connect to a father figure type personality is implicitly part of the marketing, then definitely stay away (Andrew Tate for example).
    • A good course won't try to appeal to your need to please a father figure. It won't be relevant, because it'll be simply about learning something concrete and specific.

With all that said, you can still learn from these program and there might be genuinely good advice, but you have to contend with the fact that you are most likely being upsold. To me, the simplest rule is to look out for any guarantees of money. Those are dead give aways that the course is atleast overpriced for what its worth. 

It's not a course he is just providing signals and I wont take courses on something I dont want to learn.

I was just looking for an easy way to make money I am not interested anymore about that.

It was revealed in my dream that I was going to get scammed so I stayed away its amazing how god is always there for you.

Edited by omar30