Razard86

How To Use The Ignore Function

52 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

So why do I advocate ignoring me? Everyone's progress is at their own pace, some can deal with this work faster than others. If you feel its too intense...then just ignore. If people cannot realize...that they create problems, and problems don't actually exist...I don't know what to tell you.

A sign of development is not "I can't adapt to you — you have to adapt to me". You're choosing to participate in a community, and a community has people in it, and people require and deserve respect.

This is not me repeating some non-dual aphorism — this is actually true: people's reaction to you is something you are creating, and it's all your responsibility. Find your internal block function and use it.

You can make complicated arguments for or against being a jerk for eternity. But sometimes, the simplest and wisest thing might just be to not be a jerk.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yeah, I am basically wanting to be treated with respect on the forum. 

The mechanisms and cognitive processes of how we deal with our emotions when interacting with people are rather complicated. To some degree suffering is self created and it’s something I work on everyday as I become more aware of how everything interconnects. 

At the same time, when communicating with people I am biased towards being treated in a manner I perceived as respectful. When someone is speaking down to me, hyper analyzing me, projecting on me, schooling me, correcting me, not listening to me, cherry picking aspects of my response, gas lighting me, acting superior to me, etc

These are things I’d like to avoid. So, part of my process is to work on myself internally. Yes that’s all good and well. But, also I’m not going to be a doormat to jerks. So, I’ll ignore and/ stand up to these individuals when they act in this way. 

Someone like Razard has a lot to offer the forum. However, at this time given my last few interactions he will remain ignored. Also his refusal to approach this with humility, self reflection, and love suggest to me a much lower development level than he preaches. Which I hesitate to say out loud. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

The mechanisms and cognitive processes of how we deal with our emotions when interacting with people are rather complicated. To some degree suffering is self created and it’s something I work on everyday as I become more aware of how everything interconnects. 

At the same time, when communicating with people I am biased towards being treated in a manner I perceived as respectful. When someone is speaking down to me, hyper analyzing me, projecting on me, schooling me, correcting me, not listening to me, cherry picking aspects of my response, gas lighting me, acting superior to me, etc

These are things I’d like to avoid. So, part of my process is to work on myself internally. Yes that’s all good and well. But, also I’m not going to be a doormat to jerks. So, I’ll ignore and/ stand up to these individuals when they act in this way. 

Someone like Razard has a lot to offer the forum. However, at this time given my last few interactions he will remain ignored. Also his refusal to approach this with humility, self reflection, and love suggest to me a much lower development level then he preaches. Which I hesitate to say out loud. 

You're helping me

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

In my view, part of development is to find balance and develop understanding  balance of certain dualities: backbone and openness.

For example when we work and develop ourselves this’ll include developing our backbone and standing in our truth. Not letting the opinions of others push us around, etc

Yet, it can also include being more sensitive to others, self reflecting, being more conscious of how our behaviour affects others, better communication skills, being less selfish and more community oriented, desiring the well being of others, etc

These can both be developed at the same time and I think should be. Then you develop an intricate balance between the Kan and Li (to use Qigong terms) of communication and interaction with other. 

A tree is strong because it is resilient, shares, and acts in accordance with its ecological needs. Not because it is stiff, selfish, rigid, bigger than others etc.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Razard86 Dude thank you so much I had no idea. Wow there are so many people I'm going to ignore right now.

When you ignore someone you should try your hardest not to be tempted to take it off 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Yeah, what are the guidelines even for? 9_9

A sign of development is not "I can't adapt to you — you have to adapt to me". You're choosing to participate in a community, and a community has people in it, and people require and deserve respect.

Razards style is within the guidelines and there will always be people who have issue with a given style, its doesn't make sense to conform all the time to please the masses, the ones who resonate will come and the others will demonize. Its true he can learn the skill of spiral wizardry and effective communication, why not, but is Ralston pulling punch's? People have a responsibility to communicate effectively as much as people have responsibility to interpret communication styles.

14 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@integral Number one rule of the forum is don’t be a jerk. Need I say more?

Also note the double standard here in your attitude. 

And if people can’t see that from his communication style, that’s another thing we can work out as a community. I’m willing to see different perspectives here. But, I’m also beginning to ignore people who are chronically acting in ways I find jerk like.

Part of the reason I’m doing this is because I do act like a jerk on here too often. So, I’m no longer even going to engage or see these peoples posts as I go about purifying myself of my jerk.

Someone like Razard has a lot to offer the forum. However, at this time given my last few interactions he will remain ignored. Also his refusal to approach this with humility, self reflection, and love suggest to me a much lower development level than he preaches. Which I hesitate to say out loud. 

In my view, part of development is to find balance and develop understanding  balance of certain dualities: backbone and openness.

For example when we work and develop ourselves this’ll include developing our backbone and standing in our truth. Not letting the opinions of others push us around, etc

Yet, it can also include being more sensitive to others, self reflecting, being more conscious of how our behaviour affects others, better communication skills, being less selfish and more community oriented, desiring the well being of others, etc

These can both be developed at the same time and I think should be. Then you develop an intricate balance between the Kan and Li (to use Qigong terms) of communication and interaction with other. 

A tree is strong because it is resilient, shares, and acts in accordance with its ecological needs. Not because it is stiff, selfish, rigid, bigger than others etc.

Its reasonable the things your talking about, but the core here is that you want the world to change for you and are not able to right now change for the world, there is no difference between wanting respect and giving yourself respect, people are responsible for there communication style and you are responsible for learning and experiencing regardless of communication style. People will speak, dogs will bark, trees will clatters in the wind, the body will fart,  its up to you to learn from these communication styles and not demand a dog respect you. Again... its equal responsibility, he can adapt to your needs or you can adapt to his. All the points you made are to explain why he should adapt to you and its reasonable but the parts of it explaining how your experiencing it (not respected, jerk, condescending...) is a reflection of your interpretation (bais) and not a universe thing.

The main point your making is you want him to change because you think hes highly disrespectful and i empathize with your experience, but disagree with the overall big picture here for the forum and his communication style in it. His love is to communicate the way he does thats why he takes the time to write such long responses. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, integral said:

Razards style is within the guidelines and there will always be people who have issue with a given style, its doesn't make sense to conform all the time to please the masses, the ones who resonate will come and the others will demonize. Its true he can learn the skill of spiral wizardry and effective communication, why not, but is Ralston pulling punch's? People have a responsibility to communicate effectively as much as people have responsibility to interpret communication styles.

Barely.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 11/19/2022 at 2:46 PM, Byun Sean said:

I hate to break it to yah buddy but you gotta come back down to earth. Ur a guy probably in his early 20's banging on his laptop about spiritual concepts alone in his room probably smelling like Doritos.

You ain't no jesus christ. You ain't no Ramana Maharshi. You are just a young guy on a personal development forum. Chillllllllllllllllllllll. Lol.

Your perspective ain't infinite. People feel this arrogance and put the heat to your meat through comments lol.

Hahhahahah I enjoy your assumptions. If you only knew how wrong you were!! In fact based on your answers I have learned that you struggle with feelings of unworthiness, and you actually think things like popularity, and status determine your worth!!! You see? You see how easy it is to figure out one's world view....just from the simple things they type?

You will never understand your personal worth as long as you look UP to others as BETTERS and create hierarchies!! Hierarchies are systems that are used to get things done. The Queen Ant is not more important than the Worker Ants and vice versa. If you don't even understand THIS, if you still believe in things like success, fame, glory, as tools of personal value....then you are lost. But go chase that ratrace, let us know if it satisfies you and feels you with a wholeness and completeness!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86 One thing that concerns me is that I can't ever remember seeing you admit any kind of fault or wrongdoing for anything. It makes me extremely wary of taking anything you say that seriously.

I've also seen very little evidence that you have that much experience with anything you talk about. It mostly reads like you've read a lot of content about spirituality and self-help topics and now you regurgitate it here as an authority. I don't know if that's true, it's simply the impression I get from what you write.

That can actually be harmful to others which is why I feel somewhat compelled to point it out rather than just use the ignore function.

@something_else It’s all our fault and projection. Because people have different opinions on him, the only logical reason despite healthy epistemology to be to have multiple interpretations (10-15) the only interpretation is it’s your fault you have a critique of Razard who is pure perfection. You need to check yourself bro, obviously.

◭"89"

@Razard86 The majority of the pushback  you receive is due to lack of any sign of basic humility.

You give off strong vibes of pride and arrogance, making it near impossible for people to give constructive criticism without triggering your self-defense mechanisms, mainly assumptions and projections, so people are more likely to just write you off and treat you as an arrogant prick.