Fadious

Is there cross-tolerance between MDMA and Psilocybin?

22 posts in this topic

And would microdosing psilocybin affect tolerance to MDMA?

Yes, because they both function on some of the same neuroreceptor's these 2 substances do create a cross tolerance but can also synergize together, so taken together your gonna feel much more depleted the following day and will be unable to consume another psychedelic with out it be greatly reduced in effects. if your planning on tripping on them separately, like a Saturday for MDMA and the next day Shrooms, your gonna have a weaker trip for the shrooms, and vice versa, but The shrooms wont deplete as much as MDMA will so if your planning do that, Take the shrooms on the Saturday and then the MDMA the following, as you will still feel the effect more than you would the shrooms, Both will be weaker if taken on consecutive days. This all also depends on your dosage of each.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

There is no cross tolerance between them, no idea what kamo is talking about. Keep in mind you should only be doing mdma like once every two or three months max though.

Edited by thepixelmonk

@Kamo This could explain why I had a mild MDMA experience while microdosing magic truffles

I usually space my trips apart, no matter the substance of choice

@thepixelmonk 2-3 months seems rather long. Is there a particular reason why? Is this the case for MDMA only or also psilocybin? 

Edited by Fadious

@thepixelmonk

21 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

There is no cross tolerance between them, no idea what kamo is talking about. Keep in mind you should only be doing mdma like once every two or three months max though.

I verified this in my own direct experience. Tripping on one or the other will reduce the effects of the other if taken too closely together. 

@Fadious

13 hours ago, Fadious said:

@Kamo This could explain why I had a mild MDMA experience while microdosing magic truffles

I usually space my trips apart, no matter the substance of choice

Right that was my same experience the second substance taken was way more mild. Microdosing im surprised to hear caused that tho? given the fact your taking so little your MDMA trip shouldnt have been very effected unless your MDMA was just weaker or cut? But it very well may have been the reason. 

13 hours ago, Kamo said:

@Fadious

Right that was my same experience the second substance taken was way more mild. Microdosing im surprised to hear caused that tho? given the fact your taking so little your MDMA trip shouldnt have been very effected unless your MDMA was just weaker or cut? But it very well may have been the reason. 

It could be a case of weak MDMA. There's no telling what you get exactly, and I didn't use a testing kit.

11 hours ago, Fadious said:

It could be a case of weak MDMA. There's no telling what you get exactly, and I didn't use a testing kit.

Yeah your totally right. Been there all too often in the past. lol. Have you ever tried any unique combinations?

On 11/26/2022 at 4:54 AM, Kamo said:

Yeah your totally right. Been there all too often in the past. lol. Have you ever tried any unique combinations?

Still too early in my psychedelic journey to mix and match haha
The only mix I had was smoking some weed at some point on my 12 hour mescaline trip.

Other than that, I would be curious to try MDMA + psilocybin (aka nexus flip).

On 11/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, Fadious said:

Still too early in my psychedelic journey to mix and match haha
The only mix I had was smoking some weed at some point on my 12 hour mescaline trip.

Other than that, I would be curious to try MDMA + psilocybin (aka nexus flip).

@Fadious We call that the "hippie flip" where im from. lol. Ive tried it and its amazing! Its good your responsibly taking the correct steps, being early in your journey. I went though a whole personal protocol on my methodical use of psychedelics and how i did trials on different stuff for experimentation. Hippy Flip was one i looked forward to and it delivered lol

Edited by Kamo

@Kamo how to do the hippy flip on best way exactly!? And what can I expect from it? 

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Kamo how to do the hippy flip on best way exactly!? And what can I expect from it? 

@OBEler  Sure, The first step is meditate for 20min. This will put you in a calm state to start in, now dose is most important. Id start out with MDMA about 120mg. (use a microgram scale), and also have 3.5G of shrooms. Now the dose will be effected by potency and batch of MDMA as well as potency and strain of shrooms, so i cant really go further on that one. The timing is most important and very tricky because individuals metabolize things at different rates. I can only give you what timing i used. You wanna shoot for both substances "Peaking" at the same time. So if you have done these individually, try to remember how long into the trip it took you to peak and try to time your peaks arrival in the same ball park. I take the MDMA first and wait 30min. Then take the shrooms. (ground up in a cup of orange juice filled only to the brim of the ground up herb, so its almost a "shot" of shrooms, stir and let soak for 2min, down that.) Now go into meditation and wait, In about 45min you should peak on both. But this will vary upon individual and potency of your substance, so the timing for you may be different than what i listed, but thats the process. You can expect intense euphoria, feeling energized, very open to communication, increased openness, Feelings of gratitude, You may have realizations of any kind. Wave like experience, your thinking may want to jump to different topics quickly, inability to focus, urges of any kind, and the comedown isnt too bad, its the same as any ordinary comedown, feeling dull or confused or tired are common. Surprisingly not worse than if these are taken alone, it was pretty much exactly the same. Once it all wears off document your experience into your trip journal or w.e. you have but make sure you document your observations or else the trip was kind of pointless lol. This is not a process im teaching you for fun, its a serious experiment your under taking but it will also be quite enjoyable. There are always dangers i dont have to mention to you here, so trip responsibly. As a side note, at one point during my trip, i laid on my bed and listened to Youtube "reading music" with headphones in and practiced "letting go" in this state and it had very therapeutic benefits for me. Good Luck!

@Kamo thank you I will try this out one time! 

I just can recommend to try 5 meo with Mdma (first 120 mg Mdma then 1, 5 to 3 hours later normal 5 meo dmt dose) . It is the smoothest and easiest way to the light. No negative effects next day just some mild headache maybe. 5 meo Trip will be longer and a bit different and the comedown is also good. 

@OBEler I havent ever tried that? If im ever able to get my hands on some i may give that a try. My first breaktrhough dose on just 5meO was amazing! lol.

On 11/30/2022 at 1:11 AM, OBEler said:

I just can recommend to try 5 meo with Mdma (first 120 mg Mdma then 1, 5 to 3 hours later normal 5 meo dmt dose) . It is the smoothest and easiest way to the light. No negative effects next day just some mild headache maybe. 5 meo Trip will be longer and a bit different and the comedown is also good. 

How many times have you tried this? How does doing MDMA before 5-MeO make the experience different than doing 5-MeO without MDMA? Also, I'm curious if MDMA helps with nerves surrounding a 5-MeO trip.

@mrPixel I will make a thread about this combination. I was Trip sitter with a Friend who did this. No fear, no struggle. the easiest letting go I witnessed. He was lying on his back and went into the light in a fluid way without moving his body or screaming or anything like that. He said this combination is perfekt and wants to do again

I read all Trip reports available on internet. Those who did this combination tell this is extreme positiv. The harmony between these substances seems to be perfect. The 5 meo Trip will be  different because Mdma carrys you in the background. It will be a bit longer and total smooth 

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler Isn't this combination dangerous? 5 meo Dmt is a SNRI that releases seritonin and this is why it should not be taken with any MAOIs, And I assume it shouldn't be taken with MDMA which also releases Seritonin.

@LSD-Rumi no this is not dangerous if you stay in normal mdma dose range.

Mdma is a neurotoxic substance per se so you should be cautios. Mixing it with 5 meo 1,5 to 3 hours later wont do any harm and wont do serotonin syndrom if your dose is normal. A facilitator already did this combination on 800 sessions another one also on hundrets of people. If there would be any danger with this combination there would be already a case. 

heere are some resources:

Martin Ball: Facilitating 5-MeO-DMT: An Anthology of Approaches to Serving the God Molecule (The Entheogenic Evolution Book 12)

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/5-meo-dmt-mdma-and-dmt-with-nyx-and-helgi/id272825477?i=1000554754120

https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/interaction-between-5-meo-dmt-and-mdma.765763/

https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/mdx-i-think-mdma-mda-5-meo-dmt-experienced-mellow.476030/

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=12173

Edited by OBEler

@Fadious Yes, don't do that. You will eventually hit some very unpleasant point

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me