Consept

Critique of the Forum

118 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

???

Fair enough.  As long as I'm no worse than Leo?

If my predictions are correct, that might not be true :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

If my predictions are correct, that might not be true :)

Tell me more about this??

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Tell me more about this??

I wrote about this in the journal already ? You must've missed it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I wrote about this in the journal already ? You must've missed it.

* Goes on #TheJournal *

I don't see it.  You mean the Hancock/myths stuff?

Edited by thisintegrated

32 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

* Goes on #TheJournal *

I don't see it.  You mean the Hancock/myths stuff?

On 19.11.2022 at 2:54 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I think Leo's last development has the possibility of changing his whole brand. Back when I experienced what he says he does now (merely closing his eyes and resting makes him go into samadhi), I feared it and wanted it to stop (like Leo says he does), and I never took psychedelics after that (because it obviously amplifies that experience). So here are the possible scenarios:

1. He continues resisting the experience and stops taking psychedelics.

2. He lets go and stabilizes in a non-dual baseline and no longer feels the need to take psychedelics.

Either way, he will gain a new respect for traditional spirituality and will stop shitting on it left and right.

I very much doubt it's a temporary thing, because my brain is permanently changed. I still enter non-dual states when experiencing novel situations where I'm relaxed but still have to concentrate (e.g. sitting in a meeting, watching a movie). I basically only constructed a shell of consciousness-reducing habits which breaks every time I step outside of my daily routines.

5 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

But couldn't this rebranding be good?

That's what I meant. You'll be the biggest asshole if my predictions are correct :>

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's what I meant. You'll be the biggest asshole if my predictions are correct :>

Read my The Journal post again.  You'll change your mind??

8 hours ago, Consept said:

Yeah there's a Ken Wilbur model where he says you need to -

Grow up - mature, become self sufficient etc motivation and self can aid this 

Clean up - work on your traumas, mental health stuff

Wake up - spirituality, realise you're not your seperate self 

Show up - do something in the world, serve 

I believe if you haven't got the first 2 down or at least made good progress, you'll really just be trying to wake up or show up to sort out the first 2. A big problem on the forum is that the wake up part is sold as the only thing that's important and this can be a big problem if a lot of your members haven't gone through the first 2

I would argue that this forum does 1,3 and 4 but is very lacking in 2

How I see the prioritization on the forum and from Leo

1. Spiritual wake up (farrrrrr out-pacing anything else).

2. Show up (though, much less lower than #1)

3. Clean up

4. Grow up  (clean up and grow up are very close together seems to me and hard to say which is more prioritized)

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, Matt23 said:

How I see the prioritization on the forum and from Leo

1. Spiritual wake up (farrrrrr out-pacing anything else).

2. Show up (though, much less lower than #1)

3. Clean up

4. Grow up  (clean up and grow up are very close together seems to me and hard to say which is more prioritized)

Completely agree with you, the show up is weird because it hasn't got a proper foundation it can almost be a case of the blind leading the blind. 

But yeah generally the forums priorisation is back to front. I'd agree with @spiritual memes as well in that the clean up is almost non existent. To me this setup can really mess a lot of people up.

Great post, I think this summed up all my thoughts about this forum

On 20.11.2022 at 4:56 PM, spiritual memes said:

@Consept yeah i agree with your points. 

However, I think trauma healing, self help and spiritual enlightenment are inextricably linked in a strange loop. You cannot remove any of these aspects and have the others.

Can you elaborate that thought?

On 22/11/2022 at 2:27 AM, spiritual memes said:

Grow up - mature, become self sufficient etc motivation and self can aid this 

Clean up - work on your traumas, mental health stuff

Wake up - spirituality, realise you're not your seperate self 

Show up - do something in the world, serve 

???

What is he, a boomer?

4 hours ago, Jannes said:

Can you elaborate that thought?

Spirituality requires basic self help (money, career, sex, relationships, health) as a foundation for obvious survival reasons

Basic self help requires trauma healing as a foundation, since unresolved traumas and other mental issues cripple your ability to do basic self help. In fact, pretty much all bad habits and thinking problems and lack of motivation stem from learned behaviours from childhood. For example, a binge eating habit might be a learned coping mechanism for childhood trauma. If you try to stop without addressing the trauma, you will eventually relapse since you need some way of distracting yourself.

Trauma healing requires spirituality as a foundation since love is what ultimately heals us. If you lack any kind of spirituality, you will see reality as dead, malevolent, mechanistic and meaningless. You will see yourself as a finite, egoic form fundamentally separate from the rest of the universe. This will make healing impossible. You cannot heal when you are severely trapped in egoic thinking.

Edited by spiritual memes

The OP laid it down as it is. Don't waste your time.

I'd advocate for result oriented forum for quite a while now, but it's hard to do. Results is not what the audience wants, they want beloging.

A forum with real top notch creators would be unimaginably powerful.

8 hours ago, spiritual memes said:

Spirituality requires basic self help (money, career, sex, relationships, health) as a foundation for obvious survival reasons

Basic self help requires trauma healing as a foundation, since unresolved traumas and other mental issues cripple your ability to do basic self help. In fact, pretty much all bad habits and thinking problems and lack of motivation stem from learned behaviours from childhood. For example, a binge eating habit might be a learned coping mechanism for childhood trauma. If you try to stop without addressing the trauma, you will eventually relapse since you need some way of distracting yourself.

Trauma healing requires spirituality as a foundation since love is what ultimately heals us. If you lack any kind of spirituality, you will see reality as dead, malevolent, mechanistic and meaningless. You will see yourself as a finite, egoic form fundamentally separate from the rest of the universe. This will make healing impossible. You cannot heal when you are severely trapped in egoic thinking.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks!