Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UpperMaster

Spatial Awareness - How do I improve it? What is best meditation technique?

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows any solid way to improve spatial awareness. Years ago human's were conditioned to be extremely aware of their surroundings as it was necessary to avoid predators and survive. I want to increase my spatial awareness, is there any way I should do it.

People say meditation helps increasing focus and awareness, but now I've come to realize that different mediation techniques are good for different things. I'm trying to develop the ability to notice everything that is going on around me, as unawareness has cost me in life thus far.

So...

Any books, or ways in which I can improve my awareness?

Are there any specific mediation techniques I can use? 

Books or meditation are not the right tools for the job here. Unfortunately you're probably going to need to leave the house for this one :P:P:P

Try sports, hiking, or anything active and outdoors that requires some navigation.

Edited by something_else

One thing I have found useful in this regard is the 'lucidity' you feel during certain awakenings really increases your spatial awareness. I was having an awakening walking on the street and I could tell by body heat how big, how close, and how fast someone was walking behind me, if at all. It was crazy, it was like having your back turned into an energy sensor. Didn't last long for me though. This lucidity feels exactly like being lucid in a dream, if you have ever experienced it. It can also be followed by amnesia as well so yeah. You become so lucid you lose your memories. 

Try dancing in a tiny space filled with porcelain vases ?

Sailing on the ceiling 

Honestly, out of all the things that I have ever done, learning observational drawing and painting has helped the most by far.  I notice a ton of details now about people, my environment, and visual aspects of physical reality that I never noticed before, because it does train you to look at reality in literally a different way.

(And AI art generators are not gonna replace that.)

Is it very time efficient?  Probably not.

Edited by eos_nyxia

12 hours ago, UpperMaster said:

@Swarnim Does it stay?

@UpperMaster It took too much energy to sustain so I stopped after a while but I believe it should be possible to make it the baseline after practice.