r0ckyreed

Trump Announced His Run For 2024 Presidency!!

39 posts in this topic

Interesting topic.  Didn't I start a VERY similar topic on November  6th?

His speech was very powerful, he used unity, populism, and nationalism altogether. I think it would be foolish to underestimate him and if the dems screw up in any way or if something bad happens in general, people will turn to him for at least an air of certainty. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

1 hour ago, LordFall said:

His speech was very powerful, he used unity, populism, and nationalism altogether. I think it would be foolish to underestimate him and if the dems screw up in any way or if something bad happens in general, people will turn to him for at least an air of certainty. 

Except that nationalism is a disease which contradicts the idea of unity. And I agree that Trump shouldn’t be underestimated-never underestimate Trump snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Edited by Romanov

17 hours ago, BeHereNow said:

@Leo Gura Are you so sure about that? Surely if anyone would capitalize on Conservatives ditching Trump it would be him. Also at this point it would be suicidal for the Republican party to fall inline with Trump again.

The Republican base is not ditching Trump. The leadership can hate Trump all they want, but the base will not allow anyone else to win in the primary. This is exactly what happened in 2015. The Republican leadership never liked Trump, they were forced into accepting him by the base. The same will happen again.

16 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Trump now isn’t the same as in 2015. He’s much older now, and with less vitality. DeSantis could probably shout over him in the primary debate. 

I think DeSantis will run. 

DeSantis doesn't need the drama and the danger. DeSantis is smarter than that. He can let Trump take this primary and run next time. DeSantis is so young he will be able to run for President for the next 20 years. There is no rush. It would be foolish to risk pissing off the Republican base by going to war with their favorite candidate. Yet if he lets Trump run unopposed, DeSantis is pretty much guaranteed the slot in 2028. It's clear from his speeches that he's smart enough not to directly attack Trump or his supporters. It is much wiser for him to sit back and watch Trump implode. My bet is, that's his plan.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Romanov Yes but people don't think about it like that. Most people don't even consider the people in their country to be their comrades but that's the largest paradigm they can fathom. When shit hits the fan, other countries can go fuck themselves and America will triumph! 

They immediately turned on the Russian people that are getting sent to the slaughterhouse in Ukraine in masse. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

Low energy Trump, his announcement speech was boring, and people were prevented to leave the event in Mar-a-Lago by security.

On 16/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, Leo Gura said:

I have long-ago said that Trump was a one-trick pony who only won the first time

No. The only reason why Trump lost re-election was because of Covid. No president could’ve been re-elected in 2020 with the wrecked economy and social unrest. Covid doomed Trump. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

34 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

No. The only reason why Trump lost re-election was because of Covid. No president could’ve been re-elected in 2020 with the wrecked economy and social unrest. Covid doomed Trump. 

Trump was the source of his own undoing -- which I have also said would be the case from the beginning.

If Trump handled Covid even half-decently he probably had a decent chance of re-election. However he made so many mistakes in so many ways on so many issues that of course he ended up pissing off enough voters to lose.

That's what happens when you are exceedingly narcissistic AND incompetent.

The simple fact is that Trump is too radical to represent the majority of Americans. And nothing he says or does will ever change that. If he wins, it's going to be through some kind of manipulations of our lopsided electoral college system. He will never win a majority of votes. Because decent people won't vote for a creature such as him, and the majority of Americans are petty decent, regardless of their political beliefs.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Trump was the source of his own undoing -- which I have also said would be the case from the beginning.

If Trump handled Covid even half-decently he probably had a decent chance of re-election. However he made so many mistakes in so many ways on so many issues that of course he ended up pissing off enough voters to lose.

The simple fact is that Trump is too radical to represent the majority of Americans. And nothing he says or does will ever change that. If he wins, it's going to be through some kind of manipulations of our lopsided electoral college system. He will never win a majority of votes. Because decent people won't vote for a creature such as him, and the majority of Americans are petty decent, regardless of their political beliefs.

Speaking of the EC, the majority of republicans claim that the U.S. is not a democracy, but a republic. However, the EC is chosen via popular vote. Some have even used the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea) as an argument just because “democratic”. My question with the EC is…should it be reformed or abolished? One of the main arguments is that the EC is there to prevent tyranny by majority, what do you think? 

Edited by Romanov

10 hours ago, Romanov said:

Speaking of the EC, the majority of republicans claim that the U.S. is not a democracy, but a republic. However, the EC is chosen via popular vote. Some have even used the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea) as an argument just because “democratic”. My question with the EC is…should it be reformed or abolished? One of the main arguments is that the EC is there to prevent tyranny by majority, what do you think? 

Abolish it. There is no reason whatsoever to keep it other than to shield a decaying Republican Party that's out of touch with the rest of the country from having to complete fairly within democracy.

Also it's worth noting that the electoral college is small potatoes compared to the highly undemocratic structure of the US Senate, where each State is apportioned 2 Senate seats irrespective of that State's population. So California with it's 40 million people, and Wyoming with 400 thousand both get to send exactly two Senators to Congress. If Senate seats were allocated fairly the Republican Party would likely never have a majority in Congress ever again, which is why they're so adamant about maintaining this antiquated system.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Romanov The United States is indeed a republic with a democratic  form of government. It's not 100% accurate  to say we are a Democracy.  We're  not.  We are a Republic with a democratic FORM of government. 

On 16/11/2022 at 11:36 AM, How to be wise said:

I doubt an 83 year old will prime DeSantis. 

He might be dead :P

@DocWatts Yes but keep in mind that the US House of Representatives IS allocated lawmakers by state population.   I.e., California gets way more congressmen than Maine.  The EC must be abolished however.   Im (the citizen) voting....not my state.

25 minutes ago, Ramu said:

@DocWatts Yes but keep in mind that the US House of Representatives IS allocated lawmakers by state population.   I.e., California gets way more congressmen than Maine.  The EC must be abolished however.   Im (the citizen) voting....not my state.

True, but Legislation needs to pass through both chambers to become law. And in addition, the Senate is the more powerful of those two chambers; Supreme Court justices which serve lifetime appointments.are confirms in the Senate.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 11/17/2022 at 2:01 PM, Leo Gura said:

Trump totally let COVID in America undoubtedly become an unmitigated disaster. If he had handled it competently, then about half of the amount of people who died from COVID would still be alive today and we probably would've had about less than half of the total amount of cases that have occurred in the country ever since around December 2019.

However, I wonder if the disastrous effects of COVID economy recession we had in America could've actually been mitigated if Trump had somehow done a much better job of handling. The economies in other developed countries such as those in Europe, Canada, Australia, etc. I think were all devastated by the pandemic as much as the US economy was, if not even more so. What do you say about that?

Edited by Hardkill

@DocWatts All true.  And because Clarence Thomas is essentially  compromised by his raging MAGA spouse, he will NOT recuse himself from cases that will give the MAGA nut jobs more advantages over the more sane moderate democrats (who are at odds with ultra liberals  and progressives on the left and MAGA whack jobs on the right).