BlurryBoi

BURNOUT... can Psychedelic Help me ?

31 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2022 at 11:04 AM, BlurryBoi said:

I'm quite stable/healthy/able/skillful as a person, but i have some serious mental-health/shadow issues.

This seems like a contradiction. 

Care to elaborate?  

If you're unstable...

• I'd hold off on the psychedelics.

if you're unstable but are still going to do psychedelics anyways...

• At least try doing it with a sort of therapist who can walk you through the experience
  • Or have a therapist on-hand that knows you somewhat and knows what you're doing and are themselves experienced in psychedelics
    • Try the TRIPP Network -> bunch of therapists who help people with trip integration and stuff
  • Do it with a trip-sitter you trust and feel comfortable with.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Barbara i guess i have this deep Belief that Rest means i'm not taking Care of Work (wich i believe is of utmost importance, directly linked to my Survival-potential), so by "letting go" i'm Loosing/giving-up my Grasp on my Survival & Growth potential (and i NEED to maximize no matter what, for some reasons).

And by loosing my Grasp, i'm Falling more and more into the hostile/uncaring environment that the universe/life is, i'm gonna have less and less oxygen available and get stinged by scorpions and eaten by worms.

1415882984_5001fac619-2097929466.jpg

@Raptorsin7 yeah i'm actually going on some kind of meditative retreat center this sunday (~10days) ! 

My intent will be to let go of my actual paradigm alltogether, break my work-habits, be extremely minimal in my intake of new information, and reflect in the evening on my past (actual) extremely Conditional way of living (I'd be reading "Loving what is" on the side)

@Yarco thanks !

Thats very pertinent, although a big part of the problem is that i cannot "just take a vacation" because even if i somebody paid me a 2 month break in hawai with total freedom and unlimited pina colada, i'd still be thinking thinking thinking about finding solutions and optimizing the rest of my life and stressing out about not being productive, my actual&future shortcomings etc..

its like i'm running a mental/control-marathon and cannot stop, as long as i can i'll be resisting it (because for some reason i'm deeply convinced that my survival is on the line). So maybe taking psilocybin would dissolve this belief in a powerful way that my ego just cannot do by himself (Thinking & Trying).

16 hours ago, Matt23 said:

This seems like a contradiction. 

Care to elaborate?  

i guess it can be somewhat like : 

Imagine a successful business-person, respectful, ingenious and socially skilled. But deepdown, behind the curtain, is like a ticking bomb of neurosis/frustration/fear/Tension/hopelessness. So everyday he is coping to prevent implosion, and sometimes he has moments where he is sooo close to it that he really might.

Edited by BlurryBoi

16 hours ago, Matt23 said:

if you're unstable but are still going to do psychedelics anyways...

• At least try doing it with a sort of therapist who can walk you through the experience
  • Or have a therapist on-hand that knows you somewhat and knows what you're doing and are themselves experienced in psychedelics
    • Try the TRIPP Network -> bunch of therapists who help people with trip integration and stuff
  • Do it with a trip-sitter you trust and feel comfortable with.

Thanks thats helpful, i'll definitely check out the TRIPP Network, and find a way to have imediate help on hand like a source of specific wisdom/reminder and somebody to keep my grounded if i trip

You have a bunch of beliefs that are causing you harm. You need to become aware of those, rationalize them and simply choose a different narrative that will lead you to other beliefs and more well-being. Thoughts cause emotions.

First of all, the meaning of work to you. Work can mean a lot of things to different people and no meaning is more correct than the other, but some might be more healthy than others. Might be useful for you to contact with other realities to broaden your perspective here. 

You care about your potential and whatnot and that's fine, but, why is harnessing potential only linked to working in your book? You absolutely cannot work nonstop.. So rest is as important as work for performance and attaining potential.

9 hours ago, BlurryBoi said:

so by "letting go"

Are you using rest and "letting go" as synonyms there?

If yes, you're basically telling me that you cannot afford to stop working because you need to be maximizing your potential "no matter what". "What" being, burnout here?

So, you cannot rest even tho you're experiencing constant stress, anxiety and burnout, because you have to stretch your potential, otherwise, you gonna die in a cruel way? C'mon. You realize how disproportionate that belief is? ahah! 

I'm not ridiculing you. Our beliefs are really funny and insane sometimes. It's good to laugh at them. and I know you're joking there, but you do understand how our beliefs, if unconscious and overlooked, are exaggerated and linked to life-or-death scenarios.

But lets see the "no matter what" part. I think that is a very romantic idea productivity and get-rich internet gurus talk about. But please don't take it so seriously. Otherwise, you should be working 24h. And you're not, are you? So relax. 

9 hours ago, BlurryBoi said:

hostile/uncaring environment that the universe/life is

why do you think this? In what ways do you see this manifesting? Is it possible that this is not true? Is it possible that it's the other way around? In what ways do you think that the contrary belief also manifests itself? 

One note on psychedelics. Lsd and mushrooms. If you think it's gonna make you feel different things than you're feeling right now, you're right, but not in the way you think. It will make your mind 1000x times heavier, you'll have the same mental patterns, but way way more intensely. With your current mental state it would be a very hard trip for you, I'm sure. Not advising against or in favor of it, but be mindful of this. 

Edited by Barbara

6 hours ago, BlurryBoi said:

Thanks thats helpful, i'll definitely check out the TRIPP Network, and find a way to have imediate help on hand like a source of specific wisdom/reminder and somebody to keep my grounded if i trip

Good luck.

Be kind.

Be wise.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

8 hours ago, BlurryBoi said:

a big part of the problem is that i cannot "just take a vacation" because even if i somebody paid me a 2 month break in hawai with total freedom and unlimited pina colada, i'd still be thinking thinking thinking about finding solutions and optimizing the rest of my life and stressing out about not being productive, my actual&future shortcomings etc..

I'd still recommend giving it a try, if you get the opportunity.

I'm the same way and thought the same thing. It took me about 5 - 7 days in Cuba before I could finally allow myself to start to relax. But eventually it started to happen. Same thing spending a week straight at a spa.

I don't think it's possible to be so uptight that you can't eventually learn to relax. It might take you longer than others. But eventually your brain will run out of stuff to think and worry about, and you'll actually start to let go.

I don't think even the most anal type A personality on earth could sit around for 2 months without internet access or news, just chilling, and not start to loosen up a little bit.

psychedelics a from an unstable/desperate place can be hazardous, I wouldnt when feeling like that at all, unless in a guided trip with a therapist in a safe setting, even then id want to be somewhat stable. 

I wouldn't in your situation personally, but you should do what feels right. If you ever came the time i would take a soft, gentle, self love approach if working with psychedelics, not a confrontational, "i have to get rid of my neurosis, (or bs), (or wanting to confront your "self deception"). If you were to do them on your own I wouldn't do any more than  micro dose and stick with that. 

theres a strong attitude on here on being judgmental and condescening and almost demonizing to the idea of being self deceptice, neurtoic and all that (hey we are humans) just ignore all that and if you can just be gentle and easy on yourself cause i believe trying to get rid or destroy negative aspects of ourelves is not the way, just changing our relationship to them and seeing theyre part of us and needed attention and relief, not destruction

Psychosomatics, light work and some exercises to ground yourself can be helpful also ✨

Edited by teraflu