StarStruck

Ray Dalio’s system modeling

10 posts in this topic

He talks a lot about modeling systems on his computers to make forecasts and decisions. Which programs he is talking about to make such calculations?

In Tate we trust

I don't know, but I guess if it's a program, it's private, largest hedge funds don't just share everything.

@StarStruck Are you reading his book Principals? I've started it and really enjoy it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@StarStruck Are you reading his book Principals? I've started it and really enjoy it.

Yes, what do you like about it?

In Tate we trust

Some people on this forum said he is SD orange but has a lot of systems thinking of yellow. 

In Tate we trust

19 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Some people on this forum said he is SD orange but has a lot of systems thinking of yellow

Yeah, I think he has some yellow qualities for sure.

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

Yeah, I think he has some yellow qualities for sure.

He has also a lot of green

In Tate we trust

One thing I've noticed I guess, is that people can only recognize the capabilities that others possess if they possess them themselves.  You may likely not even notice that they have certain wisdom or understanding that you lack, unless they directly transfer that wisdom and sense to you.  Many times people are unwilling to even admit that another person transferred wisdom to them and just assume that they already understood what they were taught.

the sophistication of systems thinking has not really been adequately described, but he has a very advanced understanding of how complex adaptive (evolutionary) systems work which he developed to build his business and investment strategy.

I read most of his new book on the Changing World Order and thought it was very illuminating.  I'm not familiar with the specific systems they've used to run their business or make investment decisions but I think he's written a bit about them.  It's all very advanced for what most people are doing today and I worked in finance so I have familiarity.

On 11/19/2022 at 10:33 AM, Fluran said:

What makes him green:?

He talks about giving back to the world now that he's reaching old age and has made plenty of money.

I'm going to say that he's a solid Yellow.

Somebody with that level of systematic thinking and consideration about the world couldn't be anything lower than that. He writes books about the inner workings of the entire economic & political system (likely with plenty of collaborators), intending to help society avoid calamity.

Edited by Kanddle