Julian gabriel

Why Do I Want To Be Famous?

8 posts in this topic

The obvious answer is: "your desire for others to see you is really the desire for you to see yourself" but I'm not satisfied with these simplistic kinds of answers. 

I asked my mind in a lucid dream what it is that I really want, the dream replied: To Be Observed.

This felt true, but it was not what I expected. 

I can see how in a certain way, everything that I do is done to get the attention of others. 

Why Do I Want To Be observed/Famous? 

It feels like the desire to be known and seen, but also known and seen as all of the things which are commonly regarded as positive. 

I also love watching Kanye west, Leo recently said he is being an attention whore like a child, maybe that's why I like him, because I do that too. 

Edited by Julian gabriel

14 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

The obvious answer is: "your desire for others see you is really the desire for you to see yourself" but I'm not satisfied with these simplistic kinds of answers. 

This is not a simplistic answer. Start giving yourself the kind of attention you seek and you will notice that people observe you with way more interest, even if you aren't known by millions of people. You'll drive yourself down an attention seeking path of insanity if you don't start by seeing yourself. If you want to be known for positive qualities, notice those positive qualities in yourself and strengthen them. Others will start to see them when you aren't trying to get them to. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but its really the only way.

Use it as a source of motivation there’s no need to destroy the boat before you get to the destination.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

love generated from outside is many people's life purpose and seems to many a well lived life

i frame it as they look up to me so i better get up and put on a good show and put in a good shift

they need me plus they feed me and this keeps me jogging along blithely

meanwhile i know not true love not to mention self love, i make do perfectly well without these while living this lifestyle

so i shall keep living this movie pretending it is, or at some point when i have enough in the bank will be, fulfilling

It's not purely a desire to be observed, unless you're an exhibitionist and get off on attention alone. You probably wouldn't enjoy being famous for negative reasons (infamous) and receiving only criticism and hate.

For me:

- Ego
- Praise
- Positive feedback
- Validation that what I'm doing is important and provides value, people enjoy it
- Impact / contribution
- Leaving your mark on history, leaving something behind that continues after your death, beyond your immediate friends/family

@Julian gabriel I would say I have a similar desire quite frequently.

I see it as a need to be seen. I think its because some kids some learn that their need to be seen will get met by just existing, and other learn they have to do or achieve something to be worthy of being seen/ noticed.

I'd say we're likely both in the latter boat.

So, eventually I think the answer is to do sufficient inner work so as to unconsciously learn that we are worthy of being seen by just existing.

--------------

I remember a passage in a book called,, 'the courage to be disliked'. To my memory, it went somewhere similar to this.

A great emperor one day took his horse out for a ride. He came across a bridge where he came across another man. It turned out this other man was a philosopher. Prideful after a recent conquest, the emperor bragged about his recent victories, saying 'I have conquered the most countries of any king'. The philosopher smiled and replied, 'That is commendable but I have conquered my need to conquer any country'. 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

14 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

well, it seems awesome

I know.

Especially if we got famous by following our callings - fame and success in our favoured way would rock