Carl-Richard

It's here — the dreaded Destiny and MrGirl bridge nuke

186 posts in this topic

It's getting worser and more heated:

I just feel sorrier for younger demographics caught up in this drama.

@Carl-Richard Anything else?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

1 hour ago, Max_V said:

@Carl-Richard Anything else?

I'm not following it very intensely. Max said he'll have a video out in about a month with interviews with some of the alleged victims.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Heart of Space

13 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Very cute video. I don't know if there's a deeper meaning behind the video in relation to this thread...but still very cute. ??

39 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Heart of Space

Very cute video. I don't know if there's a deeper meaning behind the video in relation to this thread...but still very cute. ??

I'm putting myself in jail for all my rude posts.  

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm not following it very intensely. Max said he'll have a video out in about a month with interviews with some of the alleged victims.

oh I was continuing the common Destiny phrases ? “gotcha”, “anything else”, “stay safe, buddy.”

Man.. what a trainwreck this whole thing is becoming

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

5 hours ago, Max_V said:

oh I was continuing the common Destiny phrases ? “gotcha”, “anything else”, “stay safe, buddy.”

Ahhh ?

I feel I need to be a bit more critical of Destiny, because he is on top in terms of his media influence.

If you really want to give Destiny the same psychoanalysis treatment that he gives Max, his approach to relationships is really fucking weird. He basically trapped Melina in a double-bind where she needs to put up with all his streamer BS (which he says he thrives on), and despite saying repeatedly how it negatively affects her life, he won't even sacrifice 1% of that for her emotional well-being; the only options being either to suck it up or leave. The reason he thrives on that type of life is the same reason he won't compromise on it: he has low empathy and a high desire for stimulation (psychopath).

1:21:01 - 1:31:05 Try to watch it without cringing.

The Dark Triad traits consists of narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism (manipulation, etc.). Now, who is more likely to be manipulative: a narcissist or a psychopath? Maybe they're the same, maybe they're expressed in different ways, but tell me if this doesn't fit Destiny 100%:

In developing the construct studying manipulators, Christie theorized that they would possess the following characteristics:

1. A relative lack of affect in interpersonal relationships: Manipulators do not empathize with their victims. The more empathy one has, Christie says, the less likely one will manipulate a person to do their bidding.

2. A lack of concern for conventional morality: The manipulator is not concerned with the morality of behaviors such as lying and cheating.

3. A lack of gross psychopathology (mental illness): Manipulators usually have an instrumentalist view of the world, which shows a lack of psychosis or other such mental impairments.

4. Low ideological commitment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machiavellianism_(psychology)

Also, notice how basically all of them pushed back on him calling Max a rapist earlier in the video. Just generally, look at what he has started calling Max lately: "narcissist", "rapist", "manipulator". And what more tools does he have?: the planned media blackout for one, and of course, "debate". I don't doubt Max is crazy, but I don't doubt he is too.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard

50 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I feel the need to be a bit more critical of Destiny because he is on top in terms of his media influence and control of the narrative.

If you really want to give Destiny the same psychoanalysis treatment as he himself gives Max, his approach to relationships is really fucking weird. He has basically trapped Melina in a double-bind where she has to put up with all his streamer BS (which he says he thrives on), and despite her saying repeatedly how it affects her negatively, he won't even sacrifice 1% of that for her emotional well-being; the only options being sucking up or leaving.

1:21:01 - 1:31:05 Try watching without cringing.

The reason he thrives on it is the same reason he won't back down from it: he has low empathy and a high desire for stimulation (sociopathy/psychopathy). The Dark Triad traits consists of narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism. Now, who is more likely to be Machiavellian (to use manipulation, etc.): a narcissist or a psychopath? Maybe they're the same, maybe they're expressed in different ways, but tell me if this doesn't fit Destiny 100%:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machiavellianism_(psychology)

Also, notice how all of them pushed back on him firmly calling Max a rapist earlier in the video. Just generally, look at the labels he has started using about Max: "narcissist", "rapist", "manipulator". And what more tools does he have?: the planned media blackout where anybody who talks to Max or his orbiters will not be invited on stream for 2 weeks, for one. Let's also not forget about how debate, his specialty, is 20% logic and 80% narrative control. I don't doubt Max is crazy, but I don't doubt he is too.

Nice observation! I also agree with your take, and my take prior and outside is more in context to the streaming: Clearly Destiny has way more in terms of influence than Max, so in this regard I'm slightly in favor for Max in this situation as being the less manipulative and Narcissistic than Destiny, not that Max has very little or no narcissistic or manipulative tendencies, just that the greater of the two evils, or two devils here is Desitny way more so than Max. Just that if Max actually has intuited rightly that Destiny's sexual or general relationships are off or strange, how he gone about communicating that was a bit wrong to me making it way more than it may have been.

This whole drama war is a storm getting much worse.

@Danioover9000 is the mushroom gonna turn yellow in spring? And green in summer and maple-ish in fall? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson

2 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@Danioover9000 is the mushroom gonna turn yellow in spring? And green in summer and maple-ish in fall? 

I don't know, but I just know one thing: Mushrooms are frozen white and dead in winter.

@Danioover9000 I meant to ask Carl. Sorry 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Destiny's approach to relationships is extreme, but I actually respect it that he is setting his boundary with Melina so clearly.
It's just so simple and honest: "I am going to live my life in this way, it is really important to me, and if that is too much for you then you are free to leave".

Most people see it as cold and manipulative but it is actually the opposite. He clearly says that crazyness in important for him. What would be egoistical and manipulative would be to say that he is going to turn it down a little bit but still continue to do that.
I respect him for stating that so clearly even though he knows it probably hurts Melina. 

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Arthogaan

Leaving is not a neutral option in a 4 year relationship. She also had no idea what she was getting into.

She is stuck in a double-bind: her only choices are to either continue getting hurt, or get very hurt by leaving. Destiny has the choice to stop hurting her, but he won't. He gets to have his cake and eat it too, and she gets nothing. It's not even an all or nothing deal. She said "maybe dial it back to 80%?".

And by the way, "you can leave, I don't care" is of course manipulative, because he obviously cares, but by saying that, he removes the leverage that she has by threatening to leave. What he is really saying is "I don't care that you're hurting".

Edited by Carl-Richard

18 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@Danioover9000 I meant to ask Carl. Sorry 

Might go for a lighter shade of green in the spring, then full green again in the summer, then amber-ish in autumn. 

17 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Leaving is not a neutral option in a 4 year relationship. She also had no idea what she was getting into.

That was his position  from the beginning if I remember correctly. People always doubt what he says about himself in the beginning of a relationship (about being super cold, not caring, being self centered, focusing on his own goals and work ) etc, and then after some time they realize that he was right all along.

28 minutes ago, zurew said:

That was his position  from the beginning if I remember correctly. People always doubt what he says about himself in the beginning of a relationship (about being super cold, not caring, being self centered, focusing on his own goals and work ) etc, and then after some time they realize that he was right all along.

Yep, he was very good at trapping her :) "Hey by the way, if you're ever hurt by how much I don't care about you, that's on you, remember that ;). I only say this because I care about you ;);) Love you btw ;)"

Edited by Carl-Richard