Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trenton

Science is not as solid as I thought

5 posts in this topic

I have been studying paradigm shifts in religion when I stumbled into a channel called shattered history. I started to notice how paradigm shifts in religion necessarily overlap with paradigm shifts in science. The video I found is part of a Playlist. It discusses how much of modern science is based on surface level observation which are colored with many assumptions. These assumptions are now held as fact even if the direct proof is very poor. All of this is part of a social game to delegitimize those who challenge the social paradigm.

Overblowing climate change could be part of the social narrative science is pushing.

One thought occurred to me during the video. If climate change has happened before with rising and falling sea levels, then could it be possible that a city once built on land could end up under water? If rising sea levels are projected to impact cities on the coast, then it does not seem far fetched. Of course I don't know if Atlantis is real, but it is an interesting possibility.

Unfortunately, I don't remember what the other thought was, but it was even cooler than the first. I hope you enjoy this channel.

I remember.

It was based on tectonic plates and the earth attempting to "correct itself." The idea that the earth is "correcting itself" makes the earth seem like it is alive. This would be a very profound discovery. From such a view it would not be far fetched to suppose that the solar system is alive, the galaxy is alive, and the universe us alive.

The earth correcting itself implies a huge paradigm shift that the earth is a deeply intelligent super organism and so is the universe as a whole. This is very profound. 

There are many cities underwater, like Port Royal, Jamaica, which sunk suddenly, and Dwarka, India, which is 130 feet underwater and ~2000 years old.

I’m not too sure of the history of believing that celestial bodies (like the sun or the earth) have consciousness or intent. When I was a kid, someone told me that various species of intelligent beings (angels)  “guided” the course of astrophysical bodies. And there are fine lines between a river spirit, for example, and the river itself. One river in Australia even has the legal status of a person. Why not? Even corporations are legal “persons” with operating minds, etc. 

As for the earth’s “correction,” this explanation ties into interesting assumptions.  Even if atmospheric composition could influence the frequency of volcanic eruptions, for example (and I’ve never heard of such a claim), I’m not sure that this feedback process would indicate that the earth is ‘trying’ to improve biospheric conditions for current life forms by killing off costal populations (if killing people who live on the coasts would even slow atmospheric change more than killing off people who live inland). Moreover, the dogma that overpopulation is threatening the existence of life on earth is highly dubious itself. 

A simpler explanation is that atmospheric composition fluctuates over time; and life either adapts or life does not adapt. Of course, human activity can affect the atmosphere in a way that could significantly impact life on earth (chlorofluorocarbons can bore holes in the ozone, for example). Again, I am not contesting that human activity can destroy life—such as monoculture causing desertification; or dumping toxic chemicals into pits near remote villages can cause painful diseases and deformations in the local populations.

Examples of poisonous ponds, desertification, and atmospheric change certainly raises ideas of ethics, morality, law, responsibility. Perhaps we have to resort even to ideas like cosmic justice or planetary intelligences guiding the course of history.

@RobertZ interesting input.

I looked into some of the later videos and it talked about a lot of underwater cities. Although the idea of Atlantis seems like something out of myth or ledgend, considering the movement of tectonic plates and shifting tides in the ocean like tidal waves, it starts to seem normal and understandable that there would be underwater cities.

Yeah, underwater cities are a strange phenomenon.

“Now in this island of Atlantis there existed a confederation of kings, of great and marvelous power, which held sway over all the island, and over many other islands also and parts of the continent.”

-Timaeus, Plato, 

Wikipedia says the modern theories of tectonic plates help us to focus on the political interpretation of Plato’s citation of Atlantis. Plato’s point about Atlantis is an example of the ideal political state (i.e., philosopher kings compared to the naval kings of Atlantis) rather than occult claims of ancient technologies, or the location of the triple-moated city.