Jannes

Dangers of microdosing

23 posts in this topic

I am a huge fan of microdosing. It helps me immensely in social situations where it completely transforms me from being in my head all the time to very playful, compassionate, extroverted. I have ADHD and I discovered yesterday that I can boost my concentration with it as well. I was never as awake in my last lecture where I microdosed beforehand then in all the previous lectures in the 2 years and it gives me the confidence that I can finish my studies. 
It’s just that microdosing is so incredible helpful to me that I fear that I might develope a psychological addiction. 
I also told my mom about this discovery and she is now concerned about me that I might develope an addiction. 
I have looked at a few articles but they don’t really say much. Just that it’s early in research and you should only do it in cooperation with a doctor and be careful with it..blah blah 

What do you think are the dangers of microdosing and how can I avoid them? 

Edited by Jannes

@Jannes I never heard on any report that someone got addicted to microdosing psychedelica. 

I would not worry about a psychological Addiction at all. 

It's like someone is worried that he gets psychological addicted to toothpaste because he uses it every day and it helps him so much for his tooths. 

Edited by OBEler

37 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Jannes I never heard on any report that someone got addicted to microdosing psychedelica. 

I would not worry about a psychological Addiction at all. 

It's like someone is worried that he gets psychological addicted to toothpaste because he uses it every day and it helps him so much for his tooths. 

I see…

But we are both very pro psychedelics (right?) in general so we have to keep our biases in mind. 

I think it might be very easy for me to become addicted to it because it literally helps me a ton with every aspect of survival. So of course my psyche puts this substance on a special place.

@Jannes it's not my bias, I read over hundrets of microdosing reports so far. Addiction never was an Issue. Just because something helps you a ton, doesnt mean there is a higher chance you get addicted to it. 

My car helps me a ton an I use it ever day. Still not addicted to it. It's just a Tool and so is microdosing. 

What microdosing schedule are you doing? 

2 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Jannes it's not my bias, I read over hundrets of microdosing reports so far. Addiction never was an Issue. Just because something helps you a ton, doesnt mean there is a higher chance you get addicted to it. 

My car helps me a ton an I use it ever day. Still not addicted to it. It's just a Tool and so is microdosing. 

Oh okay thanks for sharing!

2 minutes ago, OBEler said:

What microdosing schedule are you doing? 

I don’t really have one yet. I wait at least one day in between and I take psylocibin but I will experiment with lsd as well. 

@Jannes

Just keep doing whatever seems to be the most logical thing to do at the moment. Understand that you can only do your best with the information you have right now. So if you feel like being on microdose everyday then just go for it, my hero! Just remember to contemplate the deep things you might be trying to run away by being on microdose. Maybe there's something worth of contemplating or not. Take my message just as an universe trying to make you pause for a second and contemplate your situation by yourself. I possibly just can't and I don't want to live your life for you because that's the highest blessing universe gave to you, to think and make your own unique decisions.

With love -joNi- <3

Who told you that "others" are real?

Only danger I can think of is increasing doses over time into actual mini-moderate doses could hinder the day to day.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

It could create a psychological addiction. You might feel like life is boring without microdosing.

I would make sure you’re integrating your experiences. Mushrooms are a great tool but when they’re used willy nilly they do lose their magic.

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry if you microdose often, can then also a normal dose in between loose it's magic ? 

What does it mean loosing it's magic? Less effects or are you so adapted to higher states that it becomes normal and not magical anymore? 

Contaminated samples maybe if purchased from an unverified source? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

7 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Flowerfaeiry if you microdose often, can then also a normal dose in between loose it's magic ? 

What does it mean loosing it's magic? Less effects or are you so adapted to higher states that it becomes normal and not magical anymore? 

I’m referring to the idea that doing them “willy nilly “ makes it lose its magic. Not so much the doing it often part although that could happen easily..  But taking an addict’s approach to doing mushrooms is what makes them lose their special qualities. 

To avoid that happening you must integrate. Journal, put into action the lessons you learn. Take time between trips, be self aware/honest, and respect the mushrooms. 

Edited by Flowerfaeiry

"You Create Magic" 

13 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

It could create a psychological addiction. You might feel like life is boring without microdosing.

I would make sure you’re integrating your experiences. Mushrooms are a great tool but when they’re used willy nilly they do lose their magic.

My life IS (mostly) boring without psychedelics right now. I am working on improving my situation and psychedelics help me create an existence I like sober ?.

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Contaminated samples maybe if purchased from an unverified source? 

Haven’t thought about that. 
But right now I only microdose psylocibin and lsd which are both legal so the source isn’t some shady place. 

@Jannes  It's been well-documented that psychedelics are anti-addictive (see James Fadiman's talk on microdosing)

That means that they not only are not addictive themselves, but they also help to break or lessen other addictions.

Other chemicals you might take to mitigate ADHD certainly have a higher potential for abuse.

Of course, for the addictive personality there is a risk of taking too much "just to feel something"

Which I certainly have done when I microdosed.

But then again, that's not so bad.

It's not toxic or harmful to the body.

Caffeine is more harmful to the body and addictive, and caffeine is relatively okay in modest amounts, so if you don't worry about drinking tea or coffee, definitely don't worry about microdosing.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Jannes

On 2022-11-11 at 8:32 AM, Jannes said:

I am a huge fan of microdosing. It helps me immensely in social situations where it completely transforms me from being in my head all the time to very playful, compassionate, extroverted. I have ADHD and I discovered yesterday that I can boost my concentration with it as well. I was never as awake in my last lecture where I microdosed beforehand then in all the previous lectures in the 2 years and it gives me the confidence that I can finish my studies. 
It’s just that microdosing is so incredible helpful to me that I fear that I might develope a psychological addiction. 
I also told my mom about this discovery and she is now concerned about me that I might develope an addiction. 
I have looked at a few articles but they don’t really say much. Just that it’s early in research and you should only do it in cooperation with a doctor and be careful with it..blah blah 

What do you think are the dangers of microdosing and how can I avoid them? 

Yes, look out for the subtle psychological addictions you form when a tool you use is more beneficial to you all of a sudden.

Only dangers I could think up now, are if the sample is contaminated, or if the sample has expired, and you not tracking the proper dosage for the micro dosing. Like, if a small dose range is 1-gram, micro dosing is less than that, and you started at .5 gram, then stick to .5 gram. If you feel like slightly lowering the micro dose, okay, but if you feel you need to up the dose by .1, okay, but just be aware if a micro dose is starting to affect your daily activities. Best to stick to .5 or a .4 in this case for months, for a specific purpose you have in mind for the micro dose. Don't Willy Nilly micro dose on a whim, but with purpose.

Always pretest those psychedelic substances at micro doses in your home, be familiar with how it affects your actions before trying them out in social settings, for example overcoming your social anxiety.

6 hours ago, flowboy said:

@Jannes  It's been well-documented that psychedelics are anti-addictive (see James Fadiman's talk on microdosing)

Thanks I will look into it!

That means that they not only are not addictive themselves, but they also help to break or lessen other addictions.

nice.

Other chemicals you might take to mitigate ADHD certainly have a higher potential for abuse.

I don’t take other medicaments.

Of course, for the addictive personality there is a risk of taking too much "just to feel something"

Which I certainly have done when I microdosed.

Yeah I can relate to that. I am a bit of a "rock“ quite often. Psychedelics bring me in touch with my emotions a lot. All of a sudden I can be so funny and feel like I have the power to turn everything around because I feel like I am just a source of fun and I can attract everybody and am accepted by everybody. And my emotional intelligence works again and I can relate to the world around me. I was completely blind to the little suttle social games around me but now I am not only aware of it but also participate naturally. It’s like it gives me a sense like smell back. 

But then again, that's not so bad.

It's not toxic or harmful to the body.

Caffeine is more harmful to the body and addictive, and caffeine is relatively okay in modest amounts, so if you don't worry about drinking tea or coffee, definitely don't worry about microdosing.

I thought about it this way. The danger of not socializing or of not getting my studies done is pretty high because that could seriously make me sick, depressed, etc. You have to compare that to the danger of becoming addicted to microdosing. Which isn’t really high plus not harmful to the body so I will continue to take them. 

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Jannes

Yes, look out for the subtle psychological addictions you form when a tool you use is more beneficial to you all of a sudden.

Only dangers I could think up now, are if the sample is contaminated, or if the sample has expired, and you not tracking the proper dosage for the micro dosing. Like, if a small dose range is 1-gram, micro dosing is less than that, and you started at .5 gram, then stick to .5 gram. If you feel like slightly lowering the micro dose, okay, but if you feel you need to up the dose by .1, okay, but just be aware if a micro dose is starting to affect your daily activities. Best to stick to .5 or a .4 in this case for months, for a specific purpose you have in mind for the micro dose. Don't Willy Nilly micro dose on a whim, but with purpose.

Well right now I try to use them as often as possible because they always have a use. But you build up a natural tolerance. If you do more your tolerance will rise and your next microdose won’t be as strong. I can’t stop that so there is my natural stop. 

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Always pretest those psychedelic substances at micro doses in your home, be familiar with how it affects your actions before trying them out in social settings, for example overcoming your social anxiety.

Yeah I once almost fucked up badly before because I didn’t know how this would change my behaviour and I could have easily gotten into a club fight (it was a 2x microdose to be fair). Microdoses take so much worry away from me that they make me a bit naive and reckless. And they also take a lot of my filter away which has also produced an incredible awkward social situation ? But I feel like you can’t know how you will act in social settings from the comfort of your coach so for me its a bit about wisening up while I go.

@Jannes There are many instances of both Psilocybin and LSD actually curing people of other addictions they couldn't defeat any other way. Alcoholics, smokers etc. So, I wouldn't be concerned about getting addicted to micro dosing. If anything, the danger you face with such a practice might be that you're not doing enough, and maybe what little you're doing is done too frequently.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.