Vlad_

I vaped 70 mg of 5-MeO-DMT

45 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

@Vlad_ @Tahuti what is your opinion on material success? 

It doesn’t have any value from the absolute perspective, but from ego’s perspective it has a value because it helps ego to survive. If you want you can pursue it if you don’t it’s also okay. Whatever you do is okay ? 

11 hours ago, Mormegil said:

Very cool, thank you for sharing the experience :)

I can imagine that it can become quite exhausting to stay aware of all this ^^

I still would dare the question: which substance do you like more now after this experience? do you think you will go back sometimes to lsd, shrooms and other stuff, or was your experience on 5-meo now so great, that all the other stuff is "boring"? :D maybe silly question, sorry, got no experience with psychedelics.

Mormegil, when I became everything I became so fulfilled and I was like “Okay, I’m god and I’m everything and I can do whatever I want” and than I became bored and desired to get back to the dream to have fun ? 

5-meo can’t be compared even close to DMT, lsd, shrooms and mescaline. But these psychedelics are also nice and necessary. If I’d started with 5meo as my first psychedelic It would’ve been very challenging experience, so better to start with shrooms. 

23 minutes ago, Vlad_ said:

when I became everything I became so fulfilled and I was like “Okay, I’m god and I’m everything and I can do whatever I want” and than I became bored and desired to get back to the dream to have fun ? 

5-meo can’t be compared even close to DMT, lsd, shrooms and mescaline. But these psychedelics are also nice and necessary. If I’d started with 5meo as my first psychedelic It would’ve been very challenging experience, so better to start with shrooms. 

Sounds like a beautiful experience, thank you for sharing! :)

I definitely won't start with 5-meo haha, that would probably end bad^^

One of my probably most powerful spiritual / mystical experiences i had after going through a very long and severe panic attack and since there was no option for me to leave the "scary" situation (I was on a plane lol), I did some specific breath excersise for a few hours nonstop. The end result was nothing near God-Realization or Non-Duality, but still some immense state of bliss, self-love and selfa-acceptence. I was so in peace with the myself and the world, that even if the plane would have crashed in that moment, it would have been perfectly fine for me. The only thing I realized that I would miss if this crash should have happened and I died, would be the lack of experience and sensation after the physical death. So in a sense I was kinda glad that nothing happened and I survived the flight (even though i was accepting that as well), simply for the joy of continuing the joy if life.

So when you say, you got bored on your trip and wanted to re-enter the dream, this part maybe I can kinda relate to from your experience. :)

19 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

Sounds like a beautiful experience, thank you for sharing! :)

I definitely won't start with 5-meo haha, that would probably end bad^^

One of my probably most powerful spiritual / mystical experiences i had after going through a very long and severe panic attack and since there was no option for me to leave the "scary" situation (I was on a plane lol), I did some specific breath excersise for a few hours nonstop. The end result was nothing near God-Realization or Non-Duality, but still some immense state of bliss, self-love and selfa-acceptence. I was so in peace with the myself and the world, that even if the plane would have crashed in that moment, it would have been perfectly fine for me. The only thing I realized that I would miss if this crash should have happened and I died, would be the lack of experience and sensation after the physical death. So in a sense I was kinda glad that nothing happened and I survived the flight (even though i was accepting that as well), simply for the joy of continuing the joy if life.

So when you say, you got bored on your trip and wanted to re-enter the dream, this part maybe I can kinda relate to from your experience. :)

Sounds like you’ve had a tiny mystical experience on the plane maybe now you’re ready for some shrooms haha ? 

It’s good to have a sitter for the first trip he can guide you through it. My mother and step dad did shrooms with me and they became aware of the fact that there’s something beyond material world. 
Anyways, if you want to start with shrooms it’s a good choice, but don’t start with high dosage. I started with 1.5 grams. It’s better to have an easy light trip than a scary bad one 

@Mormegil dude.. You were hardcore tripping on a plane? How Did you come to this idea, not the best place to trip 

14 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

Sounds like you’ve had a tiny mystical experience on the plane maybe now you’re ready for some shrooms haha ? 

It’s good to have a sitter for the first trip he can guide you through it. My mother and step dad did shrooms with me and they became aware of the fact that there’s something beyond material world. 
Anyways, if you want to start with shrooms it’s a good choice, but don’t start with high dosage. I started with 1.5 grams. It’s better to have an easy light trip than a scary bad one 

Thanks for the tipp, Ill definetly do it this way!

12 hours ago, OBEler said:

dude.. You were hardcore tripping on a plane? How Did you come to this idea, not the best place to trip 

I wasn't tripping on a plane haha, I haven't done psychedelics yet (and I would never do it in public lol). I had some extreme anxiety and panic attacks once on a long plane trip. And so there I did for a long period of time a specific breathing excersise, that lead eventually to some minor spritual experience. It wasn't planned, I was just trying to get over my fear in that moment haha. But that's the fascinating thing about fear, it's just like one side of a coin and on the other side the good stuff is waiting for you. :)

Edited by Mormegil

Not to be a douche, but couldn't the fact that everyone's experience of 5-MeO-DMT is the same or very similar, coming to similar insights, using almost the exact same words to describe them, point to the nature of the drug and not of reality? That is, that the drug produces these effects due to the way it is, not because it unveils ultimate reality or something. I am open to the possibility that I am wrong about this, but I am just putting a completely logical thought forward.

Edited by julienw

@julienw you never had a breakthrough on 5 meo, thats for sure. 

Similar insights do not only come from 5 meo but all around human history, Religion, spiritual practices. Even before 5 meo existed

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@julienw you never had a breakthrough on 5 meo, thats for sure. 

Similar insights do not only come from 5 meo but all around human history, Religion, spiritual practices. Even before 5 meo existed

You are correct, I have never had a breakthrough or even a taste of 5 meo.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:14 AM, DrugsBunny said:

@Leo Gura Some questions about that:

Would you describe any sort of resistance at all as fear (insecurities, mild aversions, dislikes, negative perceptions)? Or is literal fear as in you're afraid of something the fear you are referring to?

Why is fear what blocks off divine consciousness? Is that just a metaphysical necessity that couldn't be any other way? Or did the intelligent source intentionally contrive reality to be that way arbitrarily, and it could be otherwise?

Because fear is what a finite constructed identity requires to stay finite.

If you were not afraid you would have already walked in front of a bus.

Note: Lack of fear does not mean your finite self will survive or things will just go okay for you by some kind of Care Bear spiritual logic. The guarantee of okayness is that the Infinite Self can never die. Don't confuse that with things going well for your human life. You CAN ruin your human life badly if you act incautiously. Which is why everyone is run by fear at all times.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because fear is what a finite constructed identity requires to stay finite.

If you were not afraid you would have already walked in front of a bus.

Note: Lack of fear does not mean your finite self will survive or things will just go okay for you by some kind of Care Bear spiritual logic. The guarantee of okayness is that the Infinite Self can never die. Don't confuse that with things going well for your human life. You CAN ruin your human life badly if you act incautiously. Which is why everyone is run by fear at all times.

What do you make of someone like Ramana Maharshi who seemed to not experience fear and lived to be 70?

Edited by Cooper

1 hour ago, Cooper said:

What do you make of someone like Ramana Maharshi who seemed to not experience fear and lived to be 70?

You should be careful making fantasies of such people.

In reality, if there were buses around, he would be careful not to walk in front of them.

There's little to fear when you live in a cave, once you've adopted that lifestyle. It would actually be a lot more impressive if Maharshi had to run a business and a family. When you live in a cave you got nothing to lose, so little to fear.

Edited by Leo Gura

The more interesting question is, how do you know he didn’t experience fear? We only have less than an hour of video footage of him total. I’m pretty sure that if we saw more of him, he would seem more like a regular old man. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You should be careful making fantasies of such people.

In reality, if there were buses around, he would be careful not to walk in front of them.

There's little to fear when you live in a cave, once you've adopted that lifestyle. It would actually be a lot more impressive if Maharshi had to run a business and a family. When you live in a cave you got nothing to lose, so little to fear.

That's true, but what's also true is that he renounced everything he could have built in his life.

It's really hard to quit everything and start a yogic/sage life like him. It literally means that he threw away everything except his own body.

I am quite sure that 99.99% of western people would never do that. Ramana certainly was cautious about danger, but he made the hardest choice in terms of lifestyle.

Imagine a famous actor giving up fame, money, cars, sex etc to become a solitary sage. Impossible.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

37 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

It's really hard to quit everything and start a yogic/sage life like him. It literally means that he threw away everything except his own body.

I am quite sure that 99.99% of western people would never do that. Ramana certainly was cautious about danger, but he made the hardest choice in terms of lifestyle.

Imagine a famous actor giving up fame, money, cars, sex etc to become a solitary sage. Impossible.

If you were born in 21st century USA it would be hard. What was there to do in 1900s India?

In a certain sense a monk's life is the easiest and cowardliest. My life would be so easy if I didn't have to work.

For Maharshi the most challenging life would be to be the CEO of a large company.

The other thing is, he didn't really live in a cave, he had a bunch of people taking care of him. It would be like if all of you washed my feet and cooked my food for me my whole life.

Edited by Leo Gura

If a monks life is so easy I don’t see hoards of people doing it. 

the “worldly” people have always existed, in a sense it’s easier to live with no responsibilities, but also it’s harder having no distractions and egoic things to obtain, because the mind has nothing to cling to, it’s like torture for the modern man who is so overstimulated, I know you already know this, but a monks life is probably the hardest life you can live, because you choose it, if you’re enslaved at least you can somebody else made you, but when you willingly give up worldy possessions attachments and other things there are no excuses and you can’t escape the amount of humility it takes to beg for your food every day and let go and trust the universe and others to take care of you is more brave than someone shrouding themselves in creature comforts, security and safety. like fast food a nice house, a sexy wife to bang and more money than they actually need along with endless entertainment podcasts tv shows and games to play, it’s almost like you don’t even have to challenge yourself, because ultimately you need other things to be happy, the bravest and wisest man is that who gives up trying and is fearless enough to let the wind blow their sails.

Just my opinion, I’m probably just reacting this way because I have a stage orange shadow but I truly don’t think either path is necessarily easier than the other, but I’d say once you’ve been indoctrinated into societies bullshit, if you can then drop it all and become less worldly, that is a feat of strength in itself

Edited by Gidiot

Monk's life is easy only when there is no other option.

What people don't understand is that being a monk is a survival strategy, just like working at Starbucks is a survival strategy. It makes sense for certain people under certain conditions. It does not make sense to be a monk when other, better opportunities exist. But for many people throughout history there were no better opportunities and so becoming a monk was right for them.

Being a monk is not just a choice about enlightenment, it's even more so a choice about survival. How are you going to survive? This question is independent of enlightenment. It doesn't matter how woke you become, you will still have to answer that question.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Monk's life is easy only when there is no other option.

What people don't understand is that being a monk is a survival strategy, just like working at Starbucks is a survival strategy. It makes sense for certain people under certain conditions. It does not make sense to be a monk when other, better opportunities exist. But for many people throughout history there were no better opportunities and so becoming a monk was right for them.

Being a monk is not just a choice about enlightenment, it's even more so a choice about survival. How are you going to survive? This question is independent of enlightenment. It doesn't matter how woke you become, you will still have to answer that question.

Sure, but this invokes the question, which is the best mode of survival, or which mode of survival entails the least suffering

4 hours ago, bambi said:

Sure, but this invokes the question, which is the best mode of survival, or which mode of survival entails the least suffering

That will vary from person to person and place to place.

You can only answer that for yourself.

Edited by Leo Gura