StarStruck

Hurdles of being SD tier 2

51 posts in this topic

Before stage yellow chop wood carry water, after stage yellow chop wood carry water.

I think i reached stage yellow in 2019

I now am working like a horse,running around like a madman to actualize my life's task

I can get a job i want ,but i have an end goal of what i want to be when i am in age 85,when i am  in my deathbed.i have a vision of what i want to be when i am at age 85.i am working for building my life around that vision.and i struggle really hard.i  am working hard like a mad man.i am unemployed and working long hours to actualize my vision

I think u all should take your eyes off of SD.u will reach stage yellow naturally if u work a lot for   your lifes  tasks and passions .i came to know about SD after i reached yellow.i do not know what system thinking was. when i reached yellow i started system thinking naturally.it was natural to me.i never heard of the term "system thinking". After 6 months or some time  of  doing system thinking i wonder why not research it ,and i started typing system thinking and i found leos video on system thinking and that got me to SD and that is how i got to knew about SD. and i became  stage yellow while living in India. I had decent living conditions but not the best.and i reached stage yellow while living in India.why??.because i worked a lot on self improvement and passions.i put huge amount of work on self improvement and my passions.that is how i got into Stage yellow.and u all should take your eyes off of SD and work on yourself  and on your lifes task and on your passions and intrest.

Figure what u want to be when u r in your deathbed in the age 85 and work daily  on achieving it

Edited by asifarahim

59 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

thinking one is higher than one really is and then ignoring all the essential steps that need to be incorporated to actually get there such as personal development, finances, career, health etc - seems fairly common on the forum but in many similar communities. 

It's really harmful as well. You're better off thinking that you're way less developed than you actually are, instead of overestimating.

My default assumption is that most people are going to be some mix of blue, orange and green here, with some people having sprinklings of yellow thrown in there. Most people on here are probably sitting with a centre of gravity around the midpoint between green/orange.

In order for your centre of gravity to be yellow or tier 2, you basically need to have spent years mastering each previous stage of the spiral. I remember it being something like 5 years of dedication to each of the higher level tier 1 stages roughly. 

Just 'thinking' like a stage yellow person is not really enough. You also need to have taken the various important actions and achieved the important results of previous stages. Like the fearlessness/courage of red, discipline/order/stability of blue, material success of orange, and ethics, philosophy and empathy of green.

Leo is a good example. I remember him saying he'd put his centre of gravity around yellow about a year or two ago, I think. He's exceptionally dedicated and put enormous effort into each of the tier 1 stages and has the results to show for it. So I kind of accept him self-classifying as tier 2 because he's clearly put in a lot of work. Unless you've put in that kind of effort, or you were born into a society and healthy family that has given you a massive head start on the later tier 1 stages (which is very rare) then it feels quite cheap to refer to yourself as tier 2.

2 hours ago, Fearey said:

The only hurdle I can think of is the difficulty of being understood. The higher you go, the more disconnected you will be from everyone around you. 

The motives of a second tier individual will likely be very hard to grasp for first tier individuals, whereas you know exactly where they're coming from, having been there yourself.

From my understanding, SD is about how you perceive the world and what motivates you. It's not a measure of success. Even the perception of what success is, will be radically different for second tier individuals.

@Fearey 

Would you say a tier 2 individual surrounded by other tier 2 individuals would catalyse their growth?

And what type of motives would tier 2’s have which would be hard to understand for tier 1’s?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

It's not discussed in academia/business sectors as much. Therefore the knowledge and implementation of it is a huge hurdle.

Morals and emotions are imo even a larger issue than most other lines if development.

Most are also lazy and bitch and moan about their situation, without having a significant reason and some are just very hardcore and bulldoze their development. 

Being consistent is crucial, I am a development addict, yet have internal issues.

Most of the ppl here, could read and watch the videos and books again to have a bit more of a intuitive discussion instead of overly relying on unconscious imprints.

Survival does not determine development it's an aspect of development and survival is uplifted through that. Maslow and Graves are very important to understand personal psychology and grow as a human being. Also shadow work tremendously and just life-long learning in generell.

Most ppl here have a function in the grand scheme of life and SD can have a huge impact in awareness of pitfalls and working points to grow upon. 

A poor homeless man without money could be stage turquoise as a human, yet his life conditions and environment might not be there. This is possible as development can regress during stress etc./ life circumstances.

The larger issue is having the balls to implement this stuff at a high leverage point as well as to create a structure of one's own that integrates these values. Values determine internal behaviour and orientation. Also Interpretations of these..

I echo what's already been said, in saying that the problem with being highly developed is not being able to relate to the people around you. This makes friendships and romantic relationships very difficult.

If you get above Turquoise, you find that there's no longer much information out there that will take your understanding to the next level, so you have to find ways to develop on your own.

There are plenty of people (eg spiritual teachers and university professors of high level subjects eg pure maths and metaphysics) situated AT Turquoise, but if you try to seek out anything higher you won't find much.

Edited by Artsu

On 11/15/2022 at 2:20 AM, Byun Sean said:

This is extremely powerful in terms of personal development growth potential. It gives you an idea of what activities/ practices you should experiment with to hit the next level of fulfillment in your life/ consciousness

Like what lol 

How much of it is actually practical and usable in terms of self-dev? 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 11/12/2022 at 8:18 PM, Matt23 said:

I feel like Diogenes is the perfect metaphor for what Tier-2 hurdles would look like: living totally self-reliantly, independent of any social pressures, totally dissatisfied with what the "mob" thinks and does and rejects them outright.

...don't forget to add shitting wherever, masturbating in public, and living in a barrel to that list!

Life goals.........

On 16/11/2022 at 2:17 AM, Fearey said:

The only problem is that only 1-2% of the population are second tier thinkers, so it would be extremely difficult to find the right people for such a group.

@Fearey

How can we best find ways to connect with second tier thinkers?

I think one way is to write online, which may attract like-minded people. The internet can be used to connect like-minded people.

What do you think?

On 16/11/2022 at 2:17 AM, Fearey said:

I think the vast majority of second tier individuals has no care for material wealth beyond having their basic needs met, as well as being able to pursue their interests.

So do second tier individuals only care about material wealth to the extent that it brings them freedom?

16 hours ago, Artsu said:

I echo what's already been said, in saying that the problem with being highly developed is not being able to relate to the people around you. This makes friendships and romantic relationships very difficult.

If you get above Turquoise, you find that there's no longer much information out there that will take your understanding to the next level, so you have to find ways to develop on your own.

@Artsu

How can they develop on their own? Contemplation? 

Would you say this statement is correct?: The more you go up the stages (the higher your stage), the more you need to veer towards contemplation rather than information consumption.

8 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@Artsu

How can they develop on their own? Contemplation? 

Would you say this statement is correct?: The more you go up the stages (the higher your stage), the more you need to veer towards contemplation rather than information consumption.

Yes, thinking about things is a big part of it.

You're at Yellow, so you can still develop by looking at the plethora of spiritual information available.

When one gets to the level above Turquoise, they enter The Now. Sex and drugs and nature/travel can really help at this level. Anything where you're fully engaged in the moment.

When I got to the level above that, Verification, I found Pod'lair to be useful. Thomas Chenault is post-integral (now Mission, but majority of videos are at Verification). I also liked Terence McKenna, who was at The Now.

I also found the Bible to be useful, although that's more of a Turquoise book (well, the Old Testament is). I used that knowledge to create a denomination of Christianity (when I got to Mission) which I was promoting on this site in 2020. That eventually fell apart.

Now I've been working on things like the Thematic Hierarchy (which involves Axiom, although I'm still at Mission. One can access higher states before reaching them generally) which I'm talking about right now.

My further development will come through talking to the spirits, which is how I think, as well as mystical experiences.

ie I'm now past the point where information consumption can help me. There would be SOMETHING out there that could help, but I have no idea where to find it.

What I might do though, is to use basic information about subjects as fuel for my own speculations about things, such as what I did by expanding Spiral Dynamics into the Thematic Hierarchy. I have some plans in that direction.

Edited by Artsu

Hurdles:  Everyone else in the world messing up my plans and screwing everything up.     

:) 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins