Patrick_9931

Someone starting a Youtube Channel?

8 posts in this topic

Welcome guys, recently I started a Youtube channel where I share resources for personal and spiritual development. I'm starting to realize that the whole thing of building a creative business is no easy job, especially in the beginning phase I guess. 

For this reason I thought it would be highly beneficial to keep in touch if some of you guys have a Youtube Channel or are considering starting one as a basis for a Life Purpose. 

If it sounds great to you just let me know down in the comments or write me a private message.

You could start a journal and keep uploading your videos in there. Other members including myself have done that in the past. Or you can put your youtube link in your signature. That is allowed and you can make use of that. 

But yah in terms of sustaining a Youtube channel, it's hard. As someone who started one and made it to tiny 83 subs, I can tell you that in the beginning the return on the time you spend shooting, editing and marketing is EXTREMELY LOW, borderlining with none existing. It can be heartbreaking to see a video you spent 10 hours on getting 30 views over 6 months. So it is important the content is right for your audience. 

If you have the discipline, the time and willpower you can make it. It helps to have accountability. We were a group of 3 holding each other accountable for 3 months but then it all kinda collapsed :D

Patience and consistency is the name of the game. No tricks, tech, tactics and hacks will get you there, if you are not ready for the lon-term journey. I wasn't among all other obligations. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Reddit.com/r/newtubers is the best community I've found for new content creators. I feel like a mastermind would be a great business idea, run calls every week and track people's objectives and progress.

It's incredibly hard to do it consistently and not get discouraged/off track, props to Leo and anyone else that has done it successfully. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

1 hour ago, LordFall said:

It's incredibly hard to do it consistently and not get discouraged/off track, props to Leo and anyone else that has done it successfully. 

It's like how it is with any pursuit - you can't make taking action and being consistent dependant on you getting results. You build the habit of uploading videos regularly just for its own sake, and that way whether your channel grows or not makes no difference as to whether you keep uploading videos.

Of course you should still be monitoring your progress and working to improve your videos, but the actual act of uploading videos regularly should never be dependant on the results you get, because pursuits like this often end up being a lot harder and taking longer than expected, and if you uploading videos is dependant on you consistently making progress, you'll end up quitting as soon as it starts to get slow.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@Tristan12 I hope this strategy works out for you, to me that sounds like a nice philosophy but unless you have a precise objective and short-term milestones to hit that will motivate you I don't think it would work. 

Looking at your channel, didn't you get burnt out and stopped making videos for this exact reason? 

Edited by LordFall

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

20 minutes ago, LordFall said:

I hope this strategy works out for you, to me that sounds like a nice philosophy but unless you have a precise objective and short-term milestones to hit that will motivate you I don't think it would work. 

You still set goals and objectives you want to hit and of course you still have a vision of what you're trying to achieve, but the main idea is you don't make you continuing to do the work dependant on you making progress. It's like if you were trying to lose weight, the first thing is to get into the habit of eating better and exercising, those are the most important things. You can set goals for yourself that you want to achieve, but whether you hit them or not doesn't affect whether you keep doing the work or not because you do those things for their own sake. You will inevitably reach results as long as you keep putting the work in (and being smart about how you go about it, constantly improving) so not putting yourself in a position where you have the potential to quit from getting discouraged is ideal. That's what works for me at least, it really helps you to get through the times of minimal results this way.

25 minutes ago, LordFall said:

Looking at your channel, didn't you get burnt out and stopped making videos for this exact reason? 

I explained in my latest video before I stopped posting that I'm taking a break because i'm not satisfied with the quality of my videos and i'm taking my time to learn new material and get to the point where I can produce content i'm happy with. Me not posting has nothing to do with losing motivation

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

On 9-11-2022 at 4:44 PM, Patrick_9931 said:

Welcome guys, recently I started a Youtube channel where I share resources for personal and spiritual development. I'm starting to realize that the whole thing of building a creative business is no easy job, especially in the beginning phase I guess. 

For this reason I thought it would be highly beneficial to keep in touch if some of you guys have a Youtube Channel or are considering starting one as a basis for a Life Purpose. 

If it sounds great to you just let me know down in the comments or write me a private message.

From my experience, having the right tags and descriptions is very important for the mighty algorithms to pick it up. One of my YT videos (music) gained tens of thousands of views because I copied the way successful channels did their tags and descpritions. Gained me a couple of 100 subscribers, but I'm not very actively building a following on YT.