Julian gabriel

Leo's Condescending Style

25 posts in this topic

I'd say condescending can be good in measured doses. I work with someone where we've both helped each other grow through blunt, honest observation of one another. I have an ego that can be whiny, entitled, and defensive, as does he, and we both poke at each other's egos as a way to try to break them down.

People are going to say things you don't want to hear. Discomfort is a part of life.  When typical men, the type of men women love to be with, are bullshitting with each other, it's really a form of therapy for the ego. It helps a person learn to not take things so seriously, get butt hurt over little things, lower their defenses, and be relaxed and playful, which is what life should be about... confident playfulness.

Most personal development gurus can come off this way to one degree or another. Like Gary Renard's masters said in his original book... they're not there to coddle you... your approval of what they have to say is NOT required. If you are so upset, ask yourself why you are upset... is it your ego defenses?

For me the best growth comes when I ditch all the defenses and psychological barriers and just dive head first into an activity and if I screw it up, fuck it... get up and try again.

Edited by sholomar

He just tells it to you straight. he doesn't beat around the bush. Thats just his style.

He doesn't baby you like a buddhist meditation teacher or something. Different teachers will always have different styles. 

Its honestly refreshing to see a style like Leo's for a change. He doesn't care if people think he's crazy or arrogant. He just says his truth and thats that.

On 09/11/2022 at 8:31 AM, Razard86 said:

1. Reality is condescending....have you noticed this? When a Lioness hunts down some prey and the Hyenas appear and chase her off and take it for themselves they humbled her. They told her....your kill is OUR kill.

2. A virus is condescending to your cells, it enters in takes your nucleus's reproductive function for its own use and says...YOUR REPRODUCTION IS MY REPRODUCTION NOW!!! Like DEBO from FRIDAY!!!

There is nothing wrong with condescension, that is your projection. Sometimes.... an animal, person, organization, or even a country....needs to be humbled. A good ole serving of humble pie, served through condescension!!! Only fragile egos hate it!!! I love it!!!

I mean, Leo isn't too condescending. He is sometimes but it's barely anything compared some people I know.

On your thought about "loving condescension", I disagree. I mean sure, you do you, but it is incredibly hard to learn from someone that shows extreme superiority all the time, dismissing your questions as just dumb.

Edited by UpperMaster