Julian gabriel

Leo's Condescending Style

25 posts in this topic

Leo's style of debate is often condescending. 

Is this style of debate and overall communication efficient when it comes to gettin your point across and bringing the one whom you are communicating with more clarity of mind? (I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just asking because I'm not sure)

This style of communication works well on me because I also communicate like this, so I can easily relate to Leo when he talks in this way.

The problem is that I am addicted to being condescending, because it frustrates me how simple minded most people seem to be. 

This addiction is not conducive with listening to others, being open hearted towards them, and appreciating the beauty of self deception. 

15 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

Leo's style of debate is often condescending. 

Is this style of debate and overall communication efficient when it comes to gettin your point across and bringing the one whom you are communicating with more clarity of mind? (I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just asking because I'm not sure)

This style of communication works well on me because I also communicate like this, so I can easily relate to Leo when he talks in this way.

The problem is that I am addicted to being condescending, because it frustrates me how simple minded most people seem to be. 

This addiction is not conducive with listening to others, being open hearted towards them, and appreciating the beauty of self deception. 

1. Reality is condescending....have you noticed this? When a Lioness hunts down some prey and the Hyenas appear and chase her off and take it for themselves they humbled her. They told her....your kill is OUR kill.

2. A virus is condescending to your cells, it enters in takes your nucleus's reproductive function for its own use and says...YOUR REPRODUCTION IS MY REPRODUCTION NOW!!! Like DEBO from FRIDAY!!!

There is nothing wrong with condescension, that is your projection. Sometimes.... an animal, person, organization, or even a country....needs to be humbled. A good ole serving of humble pie, served through condescension!!! Only fragile egos hate it!!! I love it!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

41 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

1. Reality is condescending....have you noticed this? When a Lioness hunts down some prey and the Hyenas appear and chase her off and take it for themselves they humbled her. They told her....your kill is OUR kill.

2. A virus is condescending to your cells, it enters in takes your nucleus's reproductive function for its own use and says...YOUR REPRODUCTION IS MY REPRODUCTION NOW!!! Like DEBO from FRIDAY!!!

There is nothing wrong with condescension, that is your projection. Sometimes.... an animal, person, organization, or even a country....needs to be humbled. A good ole serving of humble pie, served through condescension!!! Only fragile egos hate it!!! I love it!!!

@Razard86 Agreed, I need to be humbled and I enjoy it. 

But how do I deal with this addiction to condescension? It is useful sometimes as you have said, but it seems that if I do not act in a condescending way for a few days I feel frustrated in a similar way to when I go a while without a release of sexual energy. 

In an ideal world the style of communication would take a back seat to the message of the communication. On the whole though, people are not aware enough to see past the style and they get fixated on it. That being the case if you want to communicate efficiently, then you have to tailor your style to your audience. Although in Leo's case I suspect his audience is tailored to his style. I don't exclude myself in that, but there will always be some weirdos who want their sensei to match their style. You should have skill enough to communicate in many different styles and have awareness enough to know when to use what. There's a place for condescension.

All stories and explanations are false.

6 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Razard86 Agreed, I need to be humbled and I enjoy it. 

But how do I deal with this addiction to condescension? It is useful sometimes as you have said, but it seems that if I do not act in a condescending way for a few days I feel frustrated in a similar way to when I go a while without a release of sexual energy. 

Condescension is an expression of Masculine Love or what we like to call TOUGH LOVE. You see it mostly in competitive arenas. It leaves a bitter taste in the receiver and a sweet ecstatic taste in the doer. 

God is an addict...what do you think the EGO is? The EGO= Addiction. Without an EGO you couldn't have addiction and without addiction there is no meaning and purpose. If you have meaning and purpose in your life then by definition you are addict. Nothing wrong with addiction, its the spice of life!!! What is wrong...is thinking there is something wrong!! Explore the situation and if you feel it is out of balance...then you can fine tune that. 

The truth is wrong or right doesn't exist...its just lack of balance. We are all like little puzzle pieces...that are constantly changing...trying to find where we fit...and that fit...is also constantly changing!! Such is life!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Condescension is an expression of Masculine Love or what we like to call TOUGH LOVE. You see it mostly in competitive arenas. It leaves a bitter taste in the receiver and a sweet ecstatic taste in the doer. 

God is an addict...what do you think the EGO is? The EGO= Addiction. Without an EGO you couldn't have addiction and without addiction there is no meaning and purpose. If you have meaning and purpose in your life then by definition you are addict. Nothing wrong with addiction, its the spice of life!!! What is wrong...is thinking there is something wrong!! Explore the situation and if you feel it is out of balance...then you can fine tune that. 

The truth is wrong or right doesn't exist...its just lack of balance. We are all like little puzzle pieces...that are constantly changing...trying to find where we fit...and that fit...is also constantly changing!! Such is life!!!

@Razard86 Even though condescension can be masculine love, it often feels like a shadow expression of masculinity when I do it, and I think that is why I am addicted to it in part, because I must express that shadow of masculine forcefulness in some way. How do I transmute that forceful energy into something more self aware and productive? 

Condescension and tough love are very different things.

And even the term "tough love" is often used to sugarcoat being a dick.

3 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Condescension and tough love are very different things.

And even the term "tough love" is often used to sugarcoat being a dick.

@vladorion ok, then could you explain the difference between condescension and tough love please? 

1 hour ago, Julian gabriel said:

@vladorion ok, then could you explain the difference between condescension and tough love please? 

Condescension comes from arrogance and disdain.

Tough love comes from a desire to help.

Edited by vladorion

6 minutes ago, vladorion said:

@vladorion so then could you give me an example of tough love? 

1 hour ago, Julian gabriel said:

@vladorion so then could you give me an example of tough love? 

For example when a therapist makes you confront some pain you carry so you can release it.

I'm not a fan of this term though. I think it's mostly used to excuse bad behaviour.

I think he is condescending because he doesn't want to waste time explaining and prefacing everything, he already has thousands of hours of video going in depth for that. Anybody he is being condescending to shouldn't take it too personally either, it seems to be just part and parcel for the forum because he can only spend so much time here writing comments.

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 hours ago, vladorion said:

^ A desire to help is arrogance. 1. How do you know what is right or wrong? 2. Why do you think anything needs to be helped?

So yes Tough Love and Condescension is the same...both forms of arrogance. How do you think we have technology? Inventors wanted to HELP humans...even if it harmed the planet and other animals. LOL.

5 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Razard86 Even though condescension can be masculine love, it often feels like a shadow expression of masculinity when I do it, and I think that is why I am addicted to it in part, because I must express that shadow of masculine forcefulness in some way. How do I transmute that forceful energy into something more self aware and productive? 

Self aware...is observation. Observe your thoughts and actions...focus on that which you fancy. If you want to be more caring...contemplate on what that means...you can also look up material on it and ask others as well. Productive? Productivity is relative....you probably mean something survival related so if its pointed towards say financial goals...go read and consume as much information as you can about finance.

Everything is a game, so learn the game of money and how to responsible with it and the potential traps that exist with it. You are just an infinite array of patterns and expressions, learning how to center and point that into an arrow....takes skill. Its a habit...you would need to cultivate. 

But truthfully.... you may be better off learning how to flow with life, rather than being a strict disciplinarian on yourself...but hey...sometimes you have to go through specific stages before you can do others. I use to be a disciplinarian in the past...I've dropped that in my current stage in life and am focusing on flowing. 

23 minutes ago, Cat_eyes said:

Condescension- Condescending is always used negatively to imply rudeness or disrespect. It's especially used to describe someone's tone when speaking! It’s showing a patronizing or superior attitude toward others.

sometimes it’s more a case of how something is said and the tone that is used. It’s a certain attitude and vibe that a condescending person gives off 

A condescending person can be known as being egoic. 

Examples:

Explaining things that people already know

Telling someone they "always" or "never" do something

Being told to ‘’calm down’’ or ‘’relax’’  or ‘’stop being dramatic’’ when you challenge a behaviour  or react to something 

Giving backhanded compliments 

Belittling your perspective 

Interrupting or talking over you 

Dismissing you during a conversation 

Telling you that you ‘’probably won’t understand’’ or ‘’you just dont/won’t get it’’ or “oh, didn’t expect you to know that’’  stuff like this. 

People have a patronizing attitude and exhibit condescending behavior for different reasons, but usually, it boils down to insecurity and/or arrogance. 

Tough love - promotion of a person's welfare, especially that of an addict, child, or criminal, by enforcing certain constraints on them.  Or of a persons behaviour requiring them to take responsibility for their actions.

Example: a child/teen not being allowed to go out by parents because they’re hanging out with the wrong crowd and causing trouble on a weekend might be seen as tough love 

Enforcing boundaries with a drug addict by not allowing them to live with you or give them money if they refuse to go to rehab or get clean 

sitting down your friend/partner/family member and confronting them on a bad behaviour and telling them how you feel about it and what needs to change for the future of the relationship. 

Giving someone an intervention 

Setting boundaries with someone 

Tough love is used on someone who you know, love and care about 

Tough love is recognising any problems and working through things together 

Tough love is about compassion, understanding and setting boundaries for yourself and others, learning responsibility, addressing toxic behaviour and being more grounded.  

Every single definition you just gave...was just a perspective.

If you talked to previous generations in Sports for example Condescension was considered Tough Love. If you ask current generations they would view it as Condescension. For example in the NBA rookies are required to do favors for the veterans on their team, and veterans talk to rookies differently than they do their fellow veterans. The respect of the veterans by the rookies have to be earned.

Here is a funny illustration of different era Coaching Styles. 

48 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

^ A desire to help is arrogance. 1. How do you know what is right or wrong? 2. Why do you think anything needs to be helped?

So yes Tough Love and Condescension is the same...both forms of arrogance. How do you think we have technology? Inventors wanted to HELP humans...even if it harmed the planet and other animals. LOL.

No. A desire to impose your will on those who don't want your help is arrogance. But when someone asks for your help, and you want to help them, there's no arrogance in that. Idk why you're so keen that these are the same when they're clearly not. Holding concepts lightly doesn't mean mixing them up.

Imagine talking to a person and whatever you say to them, they reply, "Well, that's just a perspective".

Gonna be a fun and productive conversation. :D

Edited by vladorion

23 minutes ago, Cat_eyes said:

Yeah well, generations views on things change for a reason.  It’s why you could abuse people and it would be accepted or ignored because there was no awareness around it.  People don’t want to tolerate abuse anymore. 

What you call abuse...is again a perspective. If someone invade your Country....what you call abuse....would be needed to train your soldiers. Same with Police Training as well. You just have a bias thats why you say its abuse.

When a Lion tears through a deer is that abuse? When a hurricane tears through a neighborhood is that abuse? Reality shows itself in various ways...if you look at human history it cycles through itself. That abuse you claim? Will be revisited and welcomed again.

20 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Imagine talking to a person and whatever you say to them, they reply, "Well, that's just a perspective".

Gonna be a fun and productive conversation. :D

that's the best video of all time objectively if u don't agree you are clearly stuck in ignorance