Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Robinson

Introducing pure philosophy

3 posts in this topic

leo-quote-no-escaping-philosophy-01.png

• Philosophy done for the sake of pure understanding of reality and Absolute Truth, regardless of consequence.
  • Philosophical inquire free of history, named individuals, and famous philosophers.
  • An impersonal collection — a catalogue — of all possible ideas and concepts that could explain reality, evaluated purely based on their merit, freely edited, reinterpreted, and blended to create the best possible understanding of reality. Some examples of pure concepts within philosophy:

• The concept of God
  • The concept of solipsism
  • The concept that everything evolves
  • The concept that all dualities collapse into unity
  • The concept that mind and matter are entangled
  • The concept that science is a cultural construction
  • The concept of strange loops
  • The concept of no-self
  • The concept of stages of ego development
  • The concept that the universe is intelligent
  • The concept of self vs other
  • The concept of infinity, totality, everythingness, or oneness
  • The concept of self-deception
  • The concept of projection
  • The concept of bias
  • The concept of The Social Matrix
  • The concept that capitalism skews scientific research
  • The concept of survival shaping who you are
  • The concept that Love is not a human emotion but metaphysical oneness
  • The concept of recontextualization
  • The concept of Absolute Truth
  • The concept of going-meta
  • The concept of bootstrapping
  • The concept of radical openmindedness
  • The concept of asking powerful questions
  • The concept of relativity
  • The concept of deconstruction
  • The concept of systems thinking
  • The concept of holism
  • The concept of making distinctions

• Open-source. No individual has claim to any ideas as "his own". Ideas and concepts are treated as Universal, belonging to the Universal Mind.
  • No debating, no arguing, no proving, no debunking, no ideology.
  • No appeals to authority. Eliminate all authority figures. No credentials, no certificates, no PhDs, no Nobel prizes, no institutions, no bureaucracy, no experts. Ideas stand or die completely on their own merit.
  • No funding conflicts of interest. No donors, no grants, no sponsorships, no corporate backers, no political backers, no fundraisers. No political ambitions or seeking of power.
  • Absolutely all assumptions are questioned.
  • Everything must be explained from scratch without any appeals to authority, history, status, cultural norms, or morality.
  • Focuses on The Big Picture and takes serious the possibility of answering the deepest existential questions rather than technical minutia:

1. What are the right and wrong ways of doing philosophy?
  2. What is reality?
  3. Where did reality come from?
  4. Why is there something rather than nothing?
  5. What is Consciousness?
  6. How to live the best life possible?
  7. How to construct the best society for the good of all?

• Radical skepticism. No topic is off-limits for questioning. But also, not privileging skepticism over other perspectives and no turning skepticism into a dogma. Skepticism must also question and doubt itself.
  • Endeavors to see reality free of all bias.
  • A profound appreciation of and study of self-deception. The studying and documenting of all the sneaky and tricky dynamics and patterns of the mind. All the ways the mind fools itself, with mechanisms such as projection, denial, rationalization, confirmation bias, confabulation, demonization, scapegoating, double-standards, cherry-picking, fear, moralizing, judgment, etc. Mastering the trickeries of one's own mind.
  • No dogma, no ideology, no group-think. All answers must be derived from scratch for oneself as though you were the first person in existence to discover them. Focused on profound personal contemplation.
  • Integrity and embodiment: your philosophical conclusions must affect and transform the way you live life. Theory must influence practice and practice must influence theory.
  • Radical openmindedness
  • Truth & understanding as the highest value.
  • Clarity,  simplicity, and directness as high values. No academic jargon. No convoluted or arcane writing. Explanations of reality must be phrased so simply, clearly, and directly that a teenager can read it and understand it.
  • Cut out all human bullshit, games, drama, pettiness, squabbling, rivalry, etc.
  • The ultimate goal is General Omniscience: The complete understanding of reality at the highest level. The goal is NOT the elimination of suffering nor the maximization of happiness.
  • Cultivation of one's intellect, cultivating it like a garden. The love of Intelligence for its own sake. Self-education. Taking full responsibility for educating yourself rather than expecting others to give you the answers.
  • No worshiping or name-dropping historical figures like Plato, Descartes, Kant, Hegel, Marx, The Buddha, etc. Every idea must stand on its own merit.
  • Practice of meditation, yoga, and other non-linguistic modes of training the mind.
  • Mandatory requirement of experimenting with psychedelics. A commitment not just to try psychedelics a few times, but using them as a serious tool for philosophical inquiry, and not quitting just because you have a few difficult trips.
  • Research into and personal exploration of non-ordinary states of consciousness, mystical and trans-human states of consciousness.
  • Emphasis on self-reflection and going-meta.
  • Exploration of radical worldviews and perspectives. With a commitment to never to strawman or demonize any view.
  • Fearlessness, courage, and personal sacrifice in pursuing Truth.
  • Radical Holism: no siloing or over-specialization. Integration of many diverse fields. Not just traditional philosophy but psychology, sociology, history, science, religion, spirituality, mysticism, New Age, self-help, and whatever other fields are necessary to reach the ultimate understanding of reality. Pure Philosophy includes all the above and no one field gets to dominate or bully all the others.
  • No guess-work, speculation, or belief. Inquiry must be based on direct experience, personal consciousness, empirical observation, or genuine insight.
  • Integration of thinking, feeling, and non-linguistic awareness or "being". Neither of these is demonized nor prioritized over the others.
  • Appreciation for the immense mystery of reality/nature/Consciousness. No naive attempts to demystify reality, quantify reality, or to make it "scientific".
  • Integration of science and religion/spirituality/mysticism.
  • A deep study and awareness of the stages of ego development. Acknowledgement that individuals, organizations, cultures, and societies evolve from lower to higher stages of development. Science, religion, morality, art, etc manifest differently at every stage and manifest in both healthy and unhealthy ways.
  • The recognition that academic philosophy is fundamentally broken because it does not pursue Absolute Truth, Awakening, and Omniscience, and is in denial that these is the proper and ultimate aim of all philosophy.
  • Construct-Awareness: recognition that the mind, in some profound way, plays an active role in constructing reality. That mind and reality are fundamentally entangled. That the philosophy/scientist and his investigation of nature are fundamentally entangled.

Pure Philosophy claims that there is a right and wrong way to do philosophy, based on the metric of Awakening and realization of Omniscience or Total understanding of reality. The way you know that you did philosophy properly is by the fact that your consciousness rises high enough to understand that ALL of reality is a construction of your Infinite Mind, that you are God.

The ultimate achievement of Pure Philosophy is the realization that you are God, that you are Infinity, and that reality is Love. This is not to be confused with dogma or belief of any sort. Nor is this to be considered a subjective personal "philosophy" that one has adopted or invented. Taken from Leo blog. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

First of all, great summary. It helped me remember and network various ideas.

Personally, I found it difficult to absorb this summary because of the title, “Pure Philosophy.”

I could not stop thinking, “How is a pure philosophy any different than a philosophy of purity?”

This sardonic thought ran through my head the whole time I read the post: ‘We are the pure ones, with our pure ideas; and the outsiders—with their disgusting swamp of contaminated thoughts, words, and actions, are impure.’

For example when the summary said, ‘No appeals to morality without explanation,’ I heard, ‘Impure: appealing to morality without explanation.’

And when it said, ‘The concept that mind and matter are entangled,’ I heard, ‘Pure: believing that the mind and matter are entangled.’

I vaguely understand the word “pure” in “pure math” as a kind of rigorous discipline, abstracted from physicality or application.

Again, how can the doctrine that matter is entangled with mind be “pure” in the common usage of the word? The concept of ‘purity’ is commonly laden with attitudes about the intrinsic irrationality of human sexuality and the way human (base) tendencies ‘deviate’ or ‘miss the mark.’ 

The mindset of a philosophy of purity: ‘With purity, I understand the creative love of God and I’d damn myself to rejecting God forever if I ever transgressed into such a disgusting Impure philosophy.’ Purity  and non-purity has relatively non-moral uses in some cases, but I am afraid the word has too much baggage in common use.

I’m not sure about alternate titles—something about understanding, truth, or experience, maybe.

That being said, having purged or ‘purified’ my mind of these thoughts, I’ll read the post again and try to absorb its concepts. 

I also like the picture at the top. Everyone makes assumptions—but philosophy reflects on these assumptions. 

Edited by RobertZ

This is just a copy paste of Leo's blog, don't you think the least you could do is mention that?

Also I think it's pretty interesting to see a Mormon in a place like this. All of the Mormons I've talked to are not near open minded enough to be able to spend their time in a place such as this, if I may ask, are you fully a Mormon, or only partially?