longusername12345

Psychedelics at Young Age?

15 posts in this topic

I’m 17. When I first turned 17 I started doing LSD. I went on a few trips, called it good, and moved on with life. Just today, one of my coworkers, a super kind, spiritually intelligent dude looked at me and said, “You’ve done psychedelics before.” We talked about it and he says he’s totally down to be my trip sitter on 5MEO-DMT. Should I accept? Is this too young of an age to be using psychedelics? Any advice? I’ve been eating super clean all year, a medical medium lifestyle, so my brain and body are unreasonably healthy and happy. What do y’all think? 

Ive been doing LSD or shrooms essentially biweekly since I was 18, nothing horrible has happened. Im 20 now. Just be sure to have a grounding practice like meditation or self inquiry and maybe watch the actualized vids on god realization, making sense of psychedelics, and others to give you a possible interpretation of what you might experience. I have yet to any DMT or 5 meo yet so i am inexperienced in that realm

32 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Ive been doing LSD or shrooms essentially biweekly since I was 18, nothing horrible has happened. Im 20 now. Just be sure to have a grounding practice like meditation or self inquiry and maybe watch the actualized vids on god realization, making sense of psychedelics, and others to give you a possible interpretation of what you might experience. I have yet to any DMT or 5 meo yet so i am inexperienced in that realm

That’s the thing. I’m not even 18 yet!

I feel like most of it depends on your attitude and respect towards the psychedelic. I had a roommate in college where he and his brother did a shitton of LSD starting when they were like 15. They were the most narcisstic assholes Ive ever met and had crazy god complexes and emotional issues.(Not god realization, but literally thinking their ego was God and nobody else was). I think this was due to their heavy drug addictions and lack of any sort of spiritual practice or theoretical knowledge. They were extreme nihilists and did psychedelics just for a kick or a nice high. You have to treat psychedelics, especially something as powerful as LSD and DMT as loaded guns, know what your reasons are for taking them, and have the right framework to interpret them. Ultimately its your choice tho

Edited by Phil King

@longusername12345 difficult to answer. 

I find that people doing psychedelics in young ages can handle these experiences quite well. Much more than older ones. 

The other side is, that if you have no stable life, things can go in a wrong way. 

But that's just my Observation. 

For 5 meo no psychedelic experience is needed before. It all depends if you can handle to let go and trust this substance 

im 18, Took acid at 15 and went from there, I have had about a total of 15 lsd trips and 7 shroom trips a couple salvia trips, It only has gotten better Im glad I found them when I did even though almost everybody I have told about that was in disapproval usually,  I could have waited to but I didn't really see the point in it, It wouldn't have really been more powerful for me to wait till I was 21 I don't think, If your spiritually gifted and comfortable with existential collapse Id go for it but please for the love of god be careful with the 5-meo id recommend extensive tripping on the lower entheogens even though they are gonna be different, If you cannot navigate that for years you certainly shouldn't be playing with 5meo so start small and see if you can handle even that, If you don't freak yourself out try more. Id definitely recommend getting comfortable on lower levels or occasional high doses of like mushrooms or lsd( If those ones work for you, You may need 5-meo in the end of the day but Id definitely keep tripping if you feel comfortable and like its healthy for you, Just be wise about it ,don't make it something stupid that your only doing just for fun or just for a sensation, Its more than that this is more than philosophy and has an inflection point with real reality in a way that can be frightening for the unprepared

If ur stupid enough to believe that ur too young to do psychedelics, then ur too young to do psychedelics. 

Forget about ur age and focus on ur level of maturity. 

Edited by Julian gabriel

2 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

If ur stupid enough to believe that ur too young to do psychedelics, then ur too young to do psychedelics. 

Forget about ur age and focus on ur level of maturity. 

Objectively speaking your brain just isn’t fully developed until you are in your twenties. Plus you can easily delude yourself that you are more mature then you are especially if you are immature. 

Edited by Jannes

Be careful. At your age you can get lost in psychedelics while neglecting handling basic personal development issues.

Psychedelics will be very distracting to your development if you do them regularly. Especially powerful ones like 5-MeO. It would be wiser to hold off till you're 25+. In the meantime, get to work establishing your life.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because I do psychedelics that it will be good for you at your age. I had over a decade of work done before I got into psychedelics.

It's not that one trip will ruin your life, but if you get sucked down this rabbit hole and start tripping regularly, it will become a big distraction. Make sure you consider that and how it fits into your whole life plan. Doing psychedelics is sorta like getting married. It changes the whole trajectory of your life. Think deeply about whether that's right for you at this time.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful. At your age you can get lost in psychedelics while neglecting handling basic personal development issues.

Psychedelics will be very distracting to your development if you do them regularly. Especially powerful ones like 5-MeO. It would be wiser to hold off till you're 25+. In the meantime, get to work establishing your life.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because I do psychedelics that it will be good for you at your age. I had over a decade of work done before I got into psychedelics.

It's not that one trip will ruin your life, but if you get sucked down this rabbit hole and start tripping regularly, it will become a big distraction. Make sure you consider that and how it fits into your whole life plan. Doing psychedelics is sorta like getting married. It changes the whole trajectory of your life. Think deeply about whether that's right for you at this time.

But the older you get the more you are getting soaked into the materialistic illusion so it’s easier to access these insights when you are young right?

Also they show you how you lie to yourself. If I wouldn’t have taken them I would have probably digged myself deeper into a loner identity. They also show me all kinds of other psychological insights like developement problems in myself. 
And if you thought about existential questions long enough you just develope that desire to break through to some things. Do you think that’s all that bad when you do it at a young age?

I put to much emphasis on spirituality as a whole and not enough on my personal developement because I have some development issues. But I feel like psychedelics always helped me to get more on track. They showed me how much I want to be around people and how good it feels to have your life in order. ? That were my magic truffle and lsd trips though, idk how that changes with 5meo-dmt.  

Edited by Jannes

I wish I would have done psychedelics in younger ages.. 

Just dont Trip non stop every weekend and I think you can get a lot of growth if you stay grounded

@longusername12345 Hold off psychedelics based of your post you still seem immature and unsure of yourself, which is understandable since your 17, focus on building proper life skills such as, building a strong work ethic, putting yourself on a path to avoid wage slavery, pushing your body physically, building romantic and platonic relationships ect.

At the end of the day, the effect of psychedelics wear of and your back to living your life, imagine glimpsing alien consciousness and then having to cater to some Karen at a bs job just to put a roof over your head or living a sad life because you have bad mental health and dont have quality people around you.

Do light psychedelics every 6 months and plan out for it, but other than that don't fall into the trap of "being spiritually advanced at a young age" or else you'll end up like some forum members here who can explain god consciousness but can't get a girlfriend or make a living.

@Bando I dont have this impression. For his age he seems very mature and confident. Just asking this question has nothing to do with unsure about yourself. 

For my experience, I got away into another dimension too much a little bit. I'm 22. I take psychedelics regularly and struggle a little bit to create physical ground for myself. Lost between life in system, seem like can not work here for too long. And also trying to live free and go with the flow. But maybe that is not the problem of psychedelics.

@longusername12345 I read a book about a 5 meo facilitator who observe  that young and old people have it way more easier with 5 meo. Maybe because you can let go more easy because you r not as attached to your ego in young age.