Peace and Love

Share Your Exercise Routine Here!!

26 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Dan Arnautu said:

4. A healthy body is built 20% in the gym and 80% in the kitchen. No matter how hard you train, if you can't facilitate the body's recovery through healthy nutrition (including the appropriate amount of food depending on your goals) you will not see ANY KIND OF RESULTS. I wasted my first 2 years of lifting not making any kind of progress because I didn't know what/how much and when to eat. It's calories in, calories out. Research as much as possible.

@Dan Arnautu Okay, so my question would be what and how much to eat if I want to gain muscle but at the same time to eat minimum meat. I am not vegetarian although I am trying to cut my meat and dairy cosumption to a minimum. To be more specific - what ratio of protein to the body mass should I consume? I red a lot of online articles but every source claims different truth. Also about time: does it really matter if I ingest protein rich foods right after work out or is it okay if I eat all the daily norm simply during breakfast lunch and dinner? Thanks in advance :)

14 hours ago, Vytas said:

@Dan Arnautu Okay, so my question would be what and how much to eat if I want to gain muscle but at the same time to eat minimum meat. I am not vegetarian although I am trying to cut my meat and dairy cosumption to a minimum. To be more specific - what ratio of protein to the body mass should I consume? I red a lot of online articles but every source claims different truth. Also about time: does it really matter if I ingest protein rich foods right after work out or is it okay if I eat all the daily norm simply during breakfast lunch and dinner? Thanks in advance :)

First I would need to know how much meat is for you minimum meat (per day). Unfortunately, meat is the primary source of protein that is pretty hard to replace even though there are workarounds. From the other foods you get only bits of protein here and there, rarely concentrated. For a can of tuna you can get 30g of protein per 100g and from oatmeal you can get only about 10g per 100g. So if you have to get in about 150g of protein per day, it would be pretty hard to do that without meat or any kind of protein supplement (like bars or powders).

Calculate your maintanence calories (the amount of calories you need per day to maintain your current weight) and add 285kcal over that (that will mean a surplus of 2000kcal per week to facilitate muscle growth). 

The perfect amount of protein I found to be 2.2g of protein per kg (and it doesn't change either if you are bulking, cutting, maintaining etc.). 20-30% of the calories should go to fats, and the calories remained after the protein and fats should go to carbs. Download the app myfitness pal (android/ios), insert your measurements and it will calculate this fairly accurately for you (you can double check though by making your own calculations).

Meal timing does not matter AT ALL when bulking. That is, if you want to enjoy life while bulking. Eating after 10pm won't turn all you just ate automatically into fat. I leaned down 10kg while eating everyday after 11pm an insane amount of food (because I ate less during the day), just before bed.

Eating carbs and protein before and after a workout would be advised, but if you can't, don't worry about it. If you don't eat in the morning you will stay leaner during your bulk due to the benefits of fasting, but I prefer getting a little bit more fat rather than having to shove 3000kcal in a later meal. However you eat right now is fine if it works for you. Just adjust how your meals look like based on the calculations above.

Meal timing is important only when cutting in order to promote satiety.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Peace and Love 50 min of cardio, brain releases all the great chemicals. 20 minutes bowflex or free weights.   30 mins meditation.

It's hard at first to get up earlier enough to do all this, but after some time, you won't need quite as much sleep.

And don't eat meat, carbs, or noodles - all starches. They don't process well and take a lot of our mind & body energy away from us to process that shit. 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I love cardio. I do it in all forms possible: dancing, body combat, kickboxing, interval training, etc. There's so much that you can try. You can never get bored, really. And it makes you feel great too! I do cardio at least 2 times a week for an hour.
I also understand the importance of strength training, which I seemed to ignore for some time. I do strength training once a week. 
Then I go swimming, which relaxes my muscles and it feels great overall. You feel like you are flying after it :D
Pilates is another one that I turned to again after my recent wrist injury, because I couldn't really do anything else. 
I also do stretching or yoga every morning for 10 minutes. And sometimes 4 minutes Tabata workouts.

My favorites: dancing, body combat and swimming!