Peace and Love

Share Your Exercise Routine Here!!

26 posts in this topic

HI Actualized.org Family!

I was wondering what you guys and gals are doing for an exercise routine that has worked for you!  Share your tips and ideas and experiences here!

It's so important that we take care of our health and our bodies!  This is a part of personal development that sometimes we have a tendency to ignore.  Life is about BALANCE.  Taking care of your body is a form of self love.....if you love yourself, it's a a lot easier to give back (including your life purpose) and love other people.
If we're not healthy, how can we fully and completely focus on self actualizing and enlightenment? :)

As of right now, I'm starting to get back into an exercise routine.  I used to run cross country and track in high school (running 3 to 7 miles a day) but I currently don't have that type of stamina anymore to do those types of things. lol.  Plus I don't enjoy running as much as a used to.  I find that if I enjoy exercising it makes it easier.  My diet has been pretty clean giving me energy, but I noticed even more that my mental and my emotions plays a huge part in staying motivated to exercise.

My diet has kept the majority of my weight off, which has been great.  I usually walk for 1 -2 hours a day.  I love being outside in the warmer weather and getting some sunshine, vitamin D!  As a woman I also really like the Brazillian Butt Lift from Leandro Carvalho.  I have the dvd set, and I really like the techniques they use for lifting the BOOM BOOM! lol

I was searching for the youtube video that showed some of squat techniques they emphasize but apparently it's not available on there any more.
This Brazilian Butt lift thing is apparently big with the Victoria's Secret Models.

I'm starting to build a habbit to do 40-60min power yoga a day. Feel that it is helping me already after two days :)

@Principium Nexus

28 minutes ago, Principium Nexus said:

I'm starting to build a habbit to do 40-60min power yoga a day. Feel that it is helping me already after two days :)

How interesting!  I've never heard of power yoga.  I've tried hatha yoga (for relaxation), Kundalini yoga (for balancing chakra energy) and yin yoga.

I work out 4 to 5 days a week now rotating between running,cycling,hitting the heavy bag and push ups/pull ups this seems to work well. Then in the evening or morning i walk a few kilometers.

I did boxing for 5 years and running for about 8 now. 

@Steph1988

4 hours ago, Steph1988 said:

I work out 4 to 5 days a week now rotating between running,cycling,hitting the heavy bag and push ups/pull ups this seems to work well. Then in the evening or morning i walk a few kilometers.

I did boxing for 5 years and running for about 8 now. 

That's so awesome! That's some serious dedication to exercise.  My goal is to find time every day to exercise and make it into a permanent habit. 

How many miles do you run a day when you do run?  I used to run 5K races back in the day!

Boxing sounds like a great idea though.  I have zero arm strength.

i do mostly 5 k sometimes 10 k my record is 15 k in 1h27

i used to procrastinate with exercise but found a balance now the trick is indeed to do it daily if possible and don't exhaust yourself every time initially that will come when the habit is set.

@Steph1988

22 minutes ago, Steph1988 said:

i do mostly 5 k sometimes 10 k my record is 15 k in 1h27

i used to procrastinate with exercise but found a balance now the trick is indeed to do it daily if possible and don't exhaust yourself every time initially that will come when the habit is set.

That makes perfect sense to me.  When I used to run cross country and track they would over work us!!  I was so sore from building muscle, always hungry, and sleeping a ton! 

I do notice that if I do over work myself I do have a tendency to give up and quit. I heard it takes about 3 weeks to really get an exercise routine in stone. The first week is easy, the second week is the hardest because you are sore if you over do it, and extremely tired.  And the third week it just peters out and you're like ok...this is normal now.

Yes the slow building up is to bypass u getting overworked this happened to me as well multiple times, u have to optimize your reward system and that can take a while but u can do it i assure u. U might even begin to like it.

3-4 x a week full body resistance workouts (although I've been cutting down so I've been lazier not doing as much workouts) + walking pretty much daily.

For the resistance workouts I personally do them at home since I have a lot of equipment but mainly use a barbell, dumbbells, a pull up bar and my own body (all you really need) and do a variety of different exercises throughout so work each muscle in the body for like 30 - 45 mins. 

My advice is to do exercises and a routine that works for you and meets the requirements for the goals you are aiming for. Even doing some sort of walking each day is an amazing first step and will likely do wonders for your mental and physical health.

Edited by Live Life Liam

"My body mirrors my state of mind.  I am healthy, whole and complete." :)

Louise L. Hay

Edited by Peace and Love
grammar edit :)

Ideally 5-6 times a week something. I vary between running, cycling and bodyweight strength workouts, I decide what I want to do by how I feel. Each workout takes me 40 to 70 minutes, but rather 40.

I daily follow my yoga guru. :) I am feeling so better and my mind and body is fresh after doing some breathing exercise.

Routines
- 3* times a week  vigorous Cardio circuit. Doing 30 minutes of 5-6 excercises. Trying to do as many sets as possible and competing against my previous record, kinda creates a self-competition. Or Tabatha sessions. 
- 2* times a week  lighter circuit or strength training or boxing circuit. 

- alternatively sprinting sessions if its nice outside - that is a killer. (6 * 50m) * 3 sets

Excercises
50% bodyweight, 30% heavy barbells, 20% battle rope, kettlebells, abs wheel, fitballs, TRX

Warmup
Starting every workout with treadmill (15-20) or skipping rope (10). 

+ of course include Yoga or stretching at the end, very important for muscle, bone and joint regeneration and protection. 

Agree , it is sometimes difficult to stay motivated. I used to have a lot of resistance. It helped switching to 90% plant based diet ( still struggling with few pieces and occasional cheating). Working out with mate helps or joining class sessions.

Generally though workout shouldn't be much fun. If it is fun and it doesn't hurt, it has no value. Muscles and bones have to bee put under a lot of very hard stress to prevent later degeneration. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Hiking is awesome too!  And so is Kayaking. (It's great for the arms!)

I just went hiking this morning.  It is so beautiful outside where I live.  80 degrees.  There is something about being outside in nature when exercising.  It's amazing! I could walk all day if I could! lol 

picture 1.jpg

picture 2.jpg

picture 3.jpg

picture 4.jpg

@Peace and Love nice pics I love it too 2 years ago i walked 80 kilometers straight together with a friend and we prepared during the summer for it i could do that any summer this is something i would like to do more.

@Steph1988

4 hours ago, Steph1988 said:

@Peace and Love nice pics I love it too 2 years ago i walked 80 kilometers straight together with a friend and we prepared during the summer for it i could do that any summer this is something i would like to do more.

Thanks!  I took them this afternoon on my walk. My hiking exercise also turns into a form of art expression for me.  I love capturing the beauty of nature with my iphone. :)   If you love walking that much, you should definitely bring that more into your life!

2 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

@Steph1988

Thanks!  I took them this afternoon on my walk. My hiking exercise also turns into a form of art expression for me.  I love capturing the beauty of nature with my iphone. :)   If you love walking that much, you should definitely bring that more into your life!

Awesome, same for me! Hiking out in nature really helped me with my depression and ended up falling in love with photographing landscapes, although I've lost my inspiration to do it lately :/ 

_DSC0076.jpg

_DSC0712.jpg

_DSC1274.jpg

_DSC2443.jpg

What has worked and is working for me is strength training 3x a week at the gym (mainly compound movements - weighted pull-ups, benchpress, pistol squats - with a few accesory excercises) and walking a lot while maintaining a healthy and permisive nutrition (I do eat chocolate everyday, even when I cut).

After 3 months of following this kind of programme I slimmed down from 65kg to 55kg (15% to 9% bodyfat) while putting on muscle. Then, on the same programme I put 10 kg back on (5kg of muscle) in about 7 months then slimmed back to 60 kg (10% bodyfat) and now am at 65kg (10% bodyfat) going for 74 kg at a height of 175 cm. All of this meaning a replacement of 10kg of fat with 10kg of muscle in about 1-1.5 years.

Gone from not being able to do 5 CHIN-UPS to now being able to do 5 PULL-UPS with 30kg attached .

Gone from not being able to hold balance properly on one leg to doing 5 strict one legged pistol squats with 10kg dumbbells. 

1. The biggest advice I can give from all my endeavour is to take care of your shoulders at any time when doing heavy lifting. The rotator cuff tendons are highly sensitive and can be torn with one simple but sudden movement. Before you attempt benchpressing of any sort, or doing any shoulder exercise, research the proper form online (10 TIMES OVER - and then 10 times more). - this also applies to any exercise you haven't done before. The risk of injury increases exponentially with the amount of weight used. 

2. Also, don't listen to 99% of people when it comes to fitness advice. If the person doesn't look anywhere near how you would like to look, don't take advice from them. In case of older people, take advice only from the ones that had prior professional experience in the fitness industry. Use commons sense. I wasted a lot of years taking advice from the wrong people and thus limiting my potential.

3. Not all online fitness courses are scams. There are thousands of good and bad ones. Find the course that best fits your needs and lifestyle (I personally followed Kinobody's programs, to whom I owe almost all my gains) and STICK TO IT.

4. A healthy body is built 20% in the gym and 80% in the kitchen. No matter how hard you train, if you can't facilitate the body's recovery through healthy nutrition (including the appropriate amount of food depending on your goals) you will not see ANY KIND OF RESULTS. I wasted my first 2 years of lifting not making any kind of progress because I didn't know what/how much and when to eat. It's calories in, calories out. Research as much as possible.

I could ramble for another 10 hours as I have made every mistake there is to make when it comes to fitness and nutrition, so I will cut this short and you guys can ask me any questions you want. I will try to reply ASAP.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard