Jannes

“Reversed hierarchy of needs“

5 posts in this topic

I thought very deeply about life for a long time. Existential questions really penetrated me beneath my skin. I deconstructed most of my beliefs about what life is or should be about. In the process a lot of my survival motivation got destroyed. 
When people talk about building a great life, they often go about it in a direction where they start with small goals and progress to higher goals. For example I start with making money. If that is secured and I want more I go for pick up, fun, socializing, hobbies… If that is all great and I look for more then I go for spirituality. But for me it doesn’t work that way any more. I can’t just go and hustle to make a lot of money and build on top of that. I need the higher stuff first to justify the smaller stuff. I need spiritual awakenings to take the seriousness out of life and to fall in love with it again. Then it’s a lot easier to socialize, do pick up, do hobbies.. because it’s all in a context of a metaphysically speaking harmonious and loving world. And I don’t have to ultimately worry about sickness and death and anything that is scary because I would know that I can’t die, so I could really party. And if all that is done and I have my spiritual basis and my joy in life then I could see the point in doing some hard stuff to make a living. Otherwise what’s the point in working hard if I don’t have joy in life and will just die and end up in eternal nothingness. It wouldn’t make any sense.  

What do you think?

edit: This is coming from an unorientated, socially wounded person having a somewhat priviliged life in a first world country with enough time of being taken care of to entertain thoughts like these. So this is not just a high conscious perspective on things but also some cope. But still I think most people zombie through life for exactly those reasons, because they unconsciously think that in the end it will all be terrible and for nothing and it rottens and bitters their psyche and so they won’t create love in the world.   

Edited by Jannes

This is good, if you have money to pay your dues every month. Otherwise it will be hard meditating when a pile of bills due are on the floor.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

10 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

This is good, if you have money to pay your dues every month. Otherwise it will be hard meditating when a pile of bills due are on the floor.

I study to become a teacher at the moment. My parents are financially really supportive I am very lucky. Still though it’s really hard for me to motivate myself to get through my studies. At the moment I just want to get to a place where I can afford a living with the least amount of effort as possible so I can figure all of that shit out. 

2 minutes ago, Marvelllious said:

If that is your main source of happiness try turning this into a life purpose.

Yeah I thought about that for sure. It’s just that I can’t contribute all that much spiritually at the moment. And before I don’t know what awakening really is, how it feels like and all of that I don’t want to plan to teach it.