Leo Gura

Elon Musk Twitter Trainwreck Mega-Thread

548 posts in this topic

Musk is now truly starting to learn how free speech works.

I wish you a speedy learning curve, buddy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I don't dislike Musk. He is good with technology and innovation. It's just that I think he has bad political takes. He focuses on political power/influence that's tailored to profit him personally and his business 

His recent shenanigans with Twitter's real-time flights prove this. He requires survival just like everyone else. Free speech partially demands that you're willing to accept death. Look at Alexander Hamilton. He fully believed in free speech and died because of that belief. Talking shit has consequences that threaten your survival everyone has to face.

@thepixelmonk that's crazy, isn't it? I still don't understand the point of firing those journalists. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Moderation is hell.

There is no such thing as absolute free speech, only degrees of moderation.

Edited by Leo Gura

So Elon Musk banned the account that was making a follow-up of his jet flights for security reasons, although he said he would not because he believed in absolute free speech. The thing is, flights are not private, precisely for security reasons they are public and anyone can check them, including his. There are many websites that offer real-time information about this.

https://www.flightradar24.com/

I guess you gotta check deeply to find something like Elon's private jet flights, but it can be done. I don't think it's fine to publish it, I can understand he banned that guy for my own standards, but not his.

However, he has suspended many accounts of journalists that were informing about this just because they included a link into this person's Twitter account, which was already suspended, as part of their information. He is just suspending journalists that he doesn't like how they inform about him, accusing them of doxxing, which they didn't do. He is clearly bending the moderation terms in his favor as he pleases.

Then there are the polls. He made a poll to rate the approval of his actions. Well, people spoke, as he says, and he lost. So then he decided to make a new poll with only two options. People spoke again, and he lost. By the way, asking your followers to vote about something as validation is so stupid and unprofessional, I don't even know what word to use.

He is also suspending the accounts of his competitors like Mastodon. Sorry, but that's not freedom of speech. He is already being worse than whatever his predecessors were accused of.

Lastly, he has still the problem of monetizing Twitter, which he has not solved at all.

Elon-polls.jpg

Edited by Hatfort

Musk is correct though that sharing people's coordinates should not be allowed, even if it is public data. This is dangerous and has no legit speech function. People will abuse this to harass, intimidate, and harm.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Agreed, but the main issue here is that major accounts were banned simply for reporting @elonjet's existence, which should not count as doxxing.

1 hour ago, Hatfort said:

So Elon Musk banned the account that was making a follow-up of his jet flights for security reasons, although he said he would not because he believed in absolute free speech. The thing is, flights are not private, precisely for security reasons they are public and anyone can check them, including his. There are many websites that offer real-time information about this.

https://www.flightradar24.com/

I guess you gotta check deeply to find something like Elon's private jet flights, but it can be done. I don't think it's fine to publish it, I can understand he banned that guy for my own standards, but not his.

However, he has suspended many accounts of journalists that were informing about this just because they included a link into this person's Twitter account, which was already suspended, as part of their information. He is just suspending journalists that he doesn't like how they inform about him, accusing them of doxxing, which they didn't do. He is clearly bending the moderation terms in his favor as he pleases.

Then there are the polls. He made a poll to rate the approval of his actions. Well, people spoke, as he says, and he lost. So then he decided to make a new poll with only two options. People spoke again, and he lost. By the way, asking your followers to vote about something as validation is so stupid and unprofessional, I don't even know what word to use.

He is also suspending the accounts of his competitors like Mastodon. Sorry, but that's not freedom of speech. He is already being worse than whatever his predecessors were accused of.

Lastly, he has still the problem of monetizing Twitter, which he has not solved at all.

Elon-polls.jpg

why is he doing polls when the masses are asses, especially when it comes to running a big business? 

27 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo Gura Agreed, but the main issue here is that major accounts were banned simply for reporting @elonjet's existence, which should not count as doxxing.

Obviously he over-reacted and is now trying to correct that.

This will happen a lot going forward. He will make many moderation mistakes, being both too lax and too strict, and then he will be forced to reverse course. This will probably happen a lot over the next year. Stop wasting your time fixating on it. This whole thing is just a distraction.

All the leftists whining and trolling Musk are as childish and stupid as Musk is in this shitshow. This whole news thread is just a waste of human consciousness.

Edited by Leo Gura

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This whole news thread is just a waste of human consciousness.

But you started the thread ?

@Leo Gura Why isn’t Elon taking measures to hide his location, like obscuring his ownership of the jet. He could’ve bought his jet in a trust so that the jet data could remain private. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

One thing I was reflecting on today in regards to all this is that no matter what happens to twitter, in a way Elon still wins because he has kind of gotten the entire website to revolve around him. So much of the internet and so much real world news is connected directly to twitter, and therefore whether or not anybody else likes it it's all now also connected to Elon and there's nothing we can do about it. Everyone's attention is on him, moreso than ever before. everything twitter related is now also Musk related. If you love him, if you hate him, it doesn't matter. Major news stories are being written about all this, people are spending hours and hours every day wasting time that could be spent on literally anything else talking about Elon, more so than ever before. And Elon's personality seems to be like a middle school bully who just pulls the "i'm rubber youre glue" attitude towards anything you throw at him positive or negative. So it's not like you can hurt him by him "losing" somehow (in contrast to Trump, who was clearly hurt both by losing the election and by getting kicked from twitter which I'm sure satisfied many of his enemies).

Elon's purchase of twitter may have been "bad business" for tons of obvious reasons, but in doing so the guy has also bought his way into the history books in perhaps a far more deeply culturally ingrained way than any of his previous business ventures. Even if it all comes crashing down a few months from now he'll always have this "glorious" period when the internet really did seem to revolve around him, and if it doesn't come crashing down then he gets to be the center of attention indefinitely.

Edited by eggopm3

50 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

But you started the thread ?

Cause it was worth talking about at first and cause people will be posting about it for a year to come.

I got him blocked on my Twitter and it's curated with only game B people (meditation, science, psychedelics ) 

Never been better than a tight circle on it. I don't interact with any account above 15k followers. Very clear and not too much awarenessovore.

Edited by A_v_E

Musk is like the kid who saw a giant bull and told everyone, Hold my beer.

Now the bull's horns are in his ass.

Edited by Leo Gura

18 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

He already wants out ?

Everyone please vote yes! Get this monster out of Twitter! The survival of stage Green is at stake!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie