Leo Gura

Elon Musk Twitter Trainwreck Mega-Thread

548 posts in this topic

Twitter is a toxic platform. Musk is a toxic individual. Of course they would attract each other eventually, it's a match made in Hell. All these culture war warriors both on the Left and Right are having a field day fighting over their fleeting ideologies, it's honestly the only reason why some people keep going in life. Otherwise they would have nothing to live for. If you look at some accounts on there, you can tell how terminally online they are. They will never realize it but the numbers don't lie. It's sad in the existential type of way.

The most important thing is to stop playing their game. That's how you win.

47 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

elon.jpg

Rings true.

Musk is an immature visionary, similar to Kanye. The only way Kayne can be successful is because very serious hardworking people keep him on the rails and put up with his bullshit as part of their job. But then he takes all the credit and money.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Musk is certainly overrated and he operates within a bubble.

1 hour ago, thepixelmonk said:

elon.jpg

According to the prediction of the "intern", twitter should crash because of Musks incompetence.

I don't think so. Results speak for themselves. Not to mention you don't make all the decisions yourself in a big ass company. There will be plenty of people around him aiding him in his work. What else do you think? He would be dumb if he is trying to do everything by himself, which many Musk fanboys think is the case.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Rings true.

Musk is an immature visionary, similar to Kanye. The only way Kayne can be successful is because very serious hardworking people keep him on the rails and put up with his bullshit as part of their job. But then he takes all the credit and money.

If this is true then how did he  succeed in his first bussiness? paypal I guess?

I always thought of him as an overrated figure but noway to this level tbh.

22 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

If this is true then how did he  succeed in his first bussiness? paypal I guess?

I always thought of him as an overrated figure but noway to this level tbh.

Paypal was developed by like 10 guys. Many of them smart and serious. But also, Paypal, like most early internet successes, simply lucked out by being at the right place at the right time. That's mostly what massive success is about, not work effort or being the best.

Also, success breeds arrogance. Musk's success has gone to his ego I suspect. When you get that much money, power, and fame, it really tests your character and highlights all your flaws. Musk can afford to be sloppy these days. And his political beliefs have always been shallow, as businessmen tend to be because it suits them.

Ethics and good politics is bad for business. It's as simple as that. You get ahead by being a narcissitic ruthless asshole. Which is why women are attracted to it.

You don't get to be the richest guy in the world without being ruthless and insensitive.

Edited by Leo Gura

I agree there’s always a team around musk. He’s never on his own. 
But I still think the accomplishment of Tesla and SpaceX is amazing. 
It’s easy to criticise musk, but how many people could have done what he did with those companies and have the vision, willing to trust big decisions, and just overall be capable of everything it takes to run those huge companies… 

I see my friends criticising musk when they can’t even get to work on time, never mind be CEO of a worldwide companies with 10’s of thousands of employees 

Musk is certainly amazing in his narrow fields.

The problem is when he steps beyond that.

Just cause I'm good at Actualized.org does mean I would be a good doctor, lawyer, or politician.

But progressives and leftists definitely don't appreciate Musk's value and genius. It's just that this Twitter deal is Musk as his worst. We all have our bad days.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura just because you are good at running actualized.org does not mean you are good at evaluating a multi-billion dollar purchase of a technology company.

You are expressing an opinion like any other random guy on the street.

People like you said for YEARS that Tesla would have no chance. 

Twitter may fail. Twitter may also become something like WeChat in China and expand it into a financial instrument.

The reality is that... you have no idea. and yet here you are confidently mocking someone who is trying their best.

Go listen to the all-in podcast and get the perspective on the Twitter sale from 4 tech investors and venture capitalists each worth 200M-1B. They know what they are talking about

Obviously it's my opinion. But Musk clearly doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to free speech and moderation. That much is obvious from his behavior. I'm not questioning his ability to make money, but his understanding of how to manage socio-political aspects of a platform.

Musk is treating Twitter like a tech problem. You cannot code nor tech-bro your way out of politics.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously it's my opinion. But Musk clearly doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to free speech and moderation. That much is obvious from his behavior. I'm not questioning his ability to make money, but his understanding of how to manage socio-political aspects of a platform.

Still the most fair platform on the internet.  Who does it better?

23 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Still the most fair platform on the internet.  Who does it better?

YouTube handles moderation excellently.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Twitter was already an exceptionally toxic place and Musk's decisions are only adding fuel to the fire.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

YouTube handles moderation excellently.

You must be unaware of the China issues on YouTube.

All the Hong Kong videos got demonetized and/or hidden by the algorithm.

All videos critical of China get the same treatment by YouTube.

Yet YouTube has no problem with staged videos of "happy dancing Uighurs" by CCP-sponsored shills.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you get that much money, power, and fame, it really tests your character and highlights all your flaws.

Yeah it’s difficult...

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Unpopular opinion: twitter has always been the worst social media platform and it actively makes politics worse. I'm glad its going up in flames and hope it gets completely destroyed.

Musk achieved what he achieved because he is what he is. You can’t achieve what he achieved by being sane, non-egoistic, lovey-dovey. If he had those qualities he wouldn’t be running shit. He would be somewhere in hut smoking DMT and busting nuts. 

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But Musk clearly doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to free speech and moderation. That much is obvious from his behavior

As of now Musk has not meddled with the existing content moderation policies. The hate speech simply increased just by the people reacting to Musk buying the platform. Now it's coming down to it's normal levels as was the case before the deal. 

Even the definition of what constitutes hate speech is exactly as same as was before the deal. I have a strong feeling that you are going overboard with your analysis which is quite narrow. 

Making twitter feature rich, removing child sexual abuse content are among the most important priorities of Musk. There were plenty of flaws with twitter before Musk. 

Even more importantly twitter was already a dying platform that was losing money. So no matter how altruistic, was the woke lefitsts before Musk, it would not have mattered anyway since there would not have been a twitter.

Musk and his team is single-handedly trying to save a sinking ship. 

5 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

twitter has always been the worst social media platform

Tiktok says hi.

Obviously a nerd like Musk won't be best when it comes to managing socio political aspects of anything. But he thinks like a normal person with common sense.

It's becoming increasingly hard to ignore the abuse of power from the left. 

The lefitsts media is openly celebrating a fraud sam bankman fried who stole billions worth of common man's money. I wonder where is all the objective reporting has gone. NYT is even inviting him to speak at a conference with Zelensky. 

Someone using the N word on twitter is more harmful for society rather a fraud stealing billions of dollars of common man's hard earned money, according to leftists media. FTX is also, quite convinently, the biggest donor of the democrats it seems. 

Isn't the left playing the same dirty politics as Musk? 

And you can't just accept that Musk is playing it better than them. Musk is chasing the ideal of true free speech. It's worth it to support it at any cost.