Leo Gura

Elon Musk Twitter Trainwreck Mega-Thread

548 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Elon wishes he could own the whole world and turn it into a right wing rabbit hole. 

I think he just wants to see more balance.

Apparently.

@axiom

31 minutes ago, axiom said:

I think he just wants to see more balance.

I think he just wants to copy and replicate himself, through a technocratic society, and be the Jullius Caeser of Mars, a very intelligent engineer that manipulates technologies.

@Hatfort better algorithms can definitely improve the quality of the content being shared, independently of political dimensions. currently, finding anything worthwhile on twitter is difficult. if more search options were available, it could significantly change the way information is built on top of itself. for example, AI can be used to classify content and allow users to create their own personalized set of filters, going beyond the limits of classical follower systems (although it is also its own source of bias, but we can't escape this). twitter is also capable of competing with patreon, as most artists already have an account on it.

13 hours ago, Hatfort said:

Who is gonna pay 44 billion dollars plus interests?

he probably has the financial resources to completely burn away such amounts even if twitter goes bankrupt. else i'm not sure why he would've made the deals to begin with.

YouTube has proved to be a very solid platform over time

not saying out-competing youtube tech-wise is easy, but specialized content types limit growth potential, being exclusively focused on videos.

if Elon wants to change it into something else, I think it will fail.

twitter's content graph is a very powerful way to structure information, and it's the only social network paying attention to such aspect. this should be investigated in all domains.

sadly latest elon tweets are very immature and misguided. i'm starting to think he might just be an imbecile after all, unless there is some 5D chess going on.

Edited by nuwu

On 11/11/2022 at 7:39 AM, aurum said:

I’m gonna miss Trevor Noah

Where's he going?

I haven't been following Musk very much.

But I also don't like him.  My reason is because I can't help but feel like Musk is stealing too many woman unfairly because of his money.  I don't like this sort of competition in the sexual hierarchy competitive-sphere.  It's upsetting.  

He breaks the fundamental idea of sexual meritocracy.  Like he needs to be taxed a lot more to bring him in line with a more linear wealth to work ethic/talent ratio.  

Edited by Heart of Space

Musk has revealed for the last year Twitter spent over $400 per lunch served

Also, apparently less then 20 percent of the microservices they run are needed to make Twitter work

Twitter was lot more poorly managed than I thought. 

Twitter is a social governance and communuty-building problem, not an engineering problem.

But it also has engineering problems. The company was losing 4 million a day. Even as far as social governance and community building go, Elon has better odds of improving it than the openly biased and close minded leadership Twitter used to have. They banned people for simply tweeting “learn to code” before.

Edited by Raze

Elon is looking for cheap labor now. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

On 13/11/2022 at 6:04 PM, Heart of Space said:

I haven't been following Musk very much.

But I also don't like him.  My reason is because I can't help but feel like Musk is stealing too many woman unfairly because of his money.  I don't like this sort of competition in the sexual hierarchy competitive-sphere.  It's upsetting.  

He breaks the fundamental idea of sexual meritocracy.  Like he needs to be taxed a lot more to bring him in line with a more linear wealth to work ethic/talent ratio.  

what in the fk is this comment ?

5 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

what in the fk is this comment ?

See?  Sometimes I make good posts.

@thisintegrated

39 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Good video makes a bit more sense now what Elon Musk is doing, and ultimate what people want. They just want drama, as drama is addicting and distracting.

It's all gna be OK guys, you don't need to worry anymore

Edited by Topspin715

When this whole Twitter situation started, I didn't know much about it. I assumed Twitter would maybe have some moderation problems due to Elon's "free speech" stance, which could lead to further problems down the road.

But if these numbers TYT is reporting are accurate, this is much, much worse for Twitter than some lax moderation.

You are not going to hire back 88% of your employees any time fast and without serious cost. Who will even properly train them? The people who did their jobs won't even be there anymore.

Perhaps Musk can still turn this around. He has accomplished some pretty incredible things in business that seemed impossible. But things are not looking good at the moment. We will have to continue watching.

Edited by aurum

Musk is behaving like if I went into a rocket factory and started just cutting parts off the rocket, like, "Do we really need this thingy here? How important can it be? Just cut it."

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

musk is a genius, switching with coral & turquoise frame and adapting to orange/red masses his message via ritual ( memes/humor ).

We see that he is a pro psychedelic ( very green ) he reprogram the basic public to like him, because he knows fame matter way more than "pure money"

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-psychedelics-burning-man-journeys-mdma-mushrooms-report-2022-10?r=US&IR=T

he knows exactly how to spread chaos at the right time, and how to get his army to bend the knee.

"prove your loyalty or die say the new king."

knowing how to master the attention economy is probably the biggest shift in our era. 

being childish don't matter, musk perfectly master the art of being switching to any stages when necessary.
He only show to the public whatever is needed to capitulize on attention. ( capitalisM )

Coral is the true "effective altruism"

we will see if I m wrong, I glady accept that my vision is absolutely wrong, I've done exactly same type of fake antics only to fish people limitation of mind.

He is not a conservator. ( but he is not on the left either ) Whatever node he has to use to get attention he will do.

Pure "absurdists" that rebuild reality to their arrogances are really something.

this is what a master who control chaos does, he has no allegiance, every schemes is good to succeed, to create anew, you need a lot of space, to get a lot of space, one must destroy.

This is pure creation and we are witnessing how to take and rebuild an empire.

I m not sure of his success, there is always many factors, but so far he is not making mistakes.

Beware none of you has never been CEO of huge company, this is exactly what a Tyran have to do to succeed.

Of course from the point of the view of the victims of his violence, it looks absolutely awful, evil, childish.

that was my take, whatever the synthesis of this story I'll learn at the end if my intuition was right or need total recalibration.

Edited by A_v_E