Leo Gura

Elon Musk Twitter Trainwreck Mega-Thread

548 posts in this topic

I feel bad for all the people that abruptly lost their jobs.

If Twitter fails, I bet you Musk will say he did it on purpose to save face.  100% guaranteed.  

Edited by hoodrow trillson

I love how just because E-lawns is a celebrity businessman that everybody's going crazy over the twitter buy.

In the end I don't think a lot will change. He'll float a lot of ideas, then reality will hit, and he'll go back on most all of them, because Twitter is already being run close to optimally by the previous owners. Not a lot can be improved given the situation right now. 

Some interesting developments:

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Elon Musk is just trolling us at this point

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Twitter had a big impersonation scam problem even while Agrawal and Dorsey we're CEO's

There was a big cyrpto one including Obama (the most followed person) and many others a few months ago

Fg6zbF-XwAEthVT.jpeg

22 hours ago, Space said:

Some interesting developments:

I think he can improve twitter, but he seems to be over promising now. All the new features he’s floating would making running it cost more. I think he should focus on ideas that are clearly profitable, like allowing tipping of tweets and paid verification with more benefits, and outsourcing as much work to cheaper countries, to at least get Twitter breaking even. It was losing 4 million a day before the activists pressured advertisers to drop, this company has serious problems and now the elite and mainstream media are clearly upset by his criticism of them and desire for more free speech and will actively try to sabotage it.

Edited by Raze

On 11/5/2022 at 0:49 AM, Leo Gura said:

YouTube is extremely responsible and vigilant about hate speech. Musk is the opposite.

we need him to balance things out.

Things are too 1984ish right now.

Seeing Twitter collapse brings me so much joy. It's one of the most toxic technologies humans have invented and been a net negative for our species.

hrhrhtewgfegege

12 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

we need him to balance things out.

Things are too 1984ish right now.

Something tells me that George Orwell would never have written that book if he knew it would be used by people like Jordan Peterson to justify their whining about their first world problems.