Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eTorro

Finding Your Soul's Plan: Discovering What Your Life Was Meant to Be

1 post in this topic

Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born

If I were to summarize this book in very few words it would be “it’s all good”. If you agree with the author’s perspective on life (which includes more than just this physical life), then everything happens for a reason and for the ultimate good of all concerned.

The premise of this work assumes that you accept that we are eternal souls and we live many lives in order to learn and grow. Apparently, most of that learning is by experiencing the opposite. For example, we come into this life and forget who we really are, and then we experience anger as both victim and perpetrator so we can forgive ourselves and the other person and move past it, discovering our own divinity in the process. Then when we cross over into the more sublime reality where there is no anger, we appreciate the love we express and receive all the more. Had we not experienced the illusion on earth of negativity, we would not value so highly the positivity of the heavenly worlds.

I am a seeker of truth and I have searched both outsides, through books mostly, and within via meditation for answers to the mysteries of life. As I have some past life recall, I am a ready audience for the premise of this work. I also have some revelation that some things are definitely planned. But I do not know if they are planned to the extent given here. Do we have full say on whether we reincarnate? And do we really decide all the major goals and factors that our life will entail, and then we make the necessary agreements with other souls? Schwartz claims that oftentimes very negative, even criminal behavior is not what it appears. A young man planted a bomb and grievously injured a young woman. But this was not the evil act it appeared to be… it was agreed upon prior to their birth. Thus the young man incurs no negative karma for this although he doesn’t recall the agreement and is ashamed of what he sees as a random act of evil. The victim learned to forgive the unknown man (in this life) and move a step further toward gratitude for his act because it compelled her to make great strides in the unfolding of her true nature.

This kind of makes sense and I’m still working on the extent to which I believe this is true and how it fits my understanding and long-held beliefs. Perhaps the biggest loose end in this book was its brief and casual mention of walk-ins. That’s the idea that a soul can depart from a serious accident or illness but the body survives because another soul has stepped into that vehicle. The new soul would inherit the memory and some personality traits of the previous soul but would be a different being. I read about this many years ago in Ruth Montgomery’s book and I brushed it off at that time. While it seems to fit with the concept of the present work (that it’s permissible if the two souls have pre-agreed to this) it is creepy to ponder that another entity might be looking at us through our loved one’s eyes. Of course, we ourselves would also have pre-agreed to this in a state of being where we wouldn’t find such a thing so disturbing.

Another thought-provoking point made by Schwartz is that when a person learns to love and forgive and becomes one with their true higher nature, they uplift all humanity. The pain and suffering overcome by the woman who was a victim of the explosion were transformative to the whole planet even if no one ever told her story. That’s because her energy is felt by us all. This gave me a new take on the concept that Jesus died for our sins. In the context of Schwartz’s work, we could say that Jesus’s love and forgiveness despite his intense suffering, uplifted the whole world. This may be where that concept was derived from.

I would have liked to have seen one more chapter, and that would be a story where some act of evil was not planned. Don’t some souls go off the reservation so to speak, and what happens then?

This book may not be for everyone, but if you are an open-minded seeker of truth like me, consider this a must-read.