Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocWatts

Hanzi Freinacht : Twelve Much Better Rules for Life

5 posts in this topic

Snippet from Hanzi Freinacht's next book. Hanzi is a metamodern author whose previous titles include The Listening Society and Nordic Ideology.

His books are a metamodern framework written in a humorous and sincerely ironic tone, as the snippet from the intro should make clear:

"I, Hanzi, a sociologist and philosopher, am hereby writing a self-help book with no apology or excuse. I have a vision of life, an intimate and subtle practice, an embodied philosophy, and I intend to share it. Yes, may scholars cringe and casual observers laugh: I shall carry their contempt as a cross. Those naive souls who dare defy the scorn and laughter of others are the true rebels of our time, as the novelist David Foster Wallace once claimed. How I long to join their ranks!"

twelves rules.jpg

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts

I did not understand 4 rules —

Quit - quit what? 

Do the walk of shame - what does this mean? What shame? 

Change your world map - what does this mean? 

Kill your guru, find your meta team - what's a meta team? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Hanzi is right to write a parody book in reference to Jordan's book. 

That's the problem with Jordan. He likes or write and talk in such a way and conceal all his knowledge unless you are intelligent enough to decipher them. Anyway, his book is also not densely packed with powerful info and is a waste of time in most cases.

Hanzi's version is probably the contrarian approach. Useful if you want to lead an exciting life. Quit your job, go find another. Life's short.

Edited by hyruga

14 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@DocWatts

I did not understand 4 rules —

Quit - quit what? 

Do the walk of shame - what does this mean? What shame? 

Change your world map - what does this mean? 

Kill your guru, find your meta team - what's a meta team? 

Can't fully say for sure since the book's not out yet (releases Jan 1), but here are my best guesses:

Quit : Cultivate the ability to walk away from things (jobs, relationships, belief systems) that have become a drain on your well being. Try to arrange your life so that you don't become trapped in these things, and have an escape hatch / backup plan. Learn how to cultivate healthy forms of detachment so as to be less emotionally reactive.

Do the Walk of Shame : Gonna be honest, not really sure what this one will entail.

Change Your Worldmap : Become self aware about the assumptions and beliefs you use to navigate and make sense of reality. Learn how to separate your sense of self from the Beliefs you hold about Reality. Don't become trapped in an ideology. Deconstruct your beliefs from time to time.

Kill Your Guru, Find Your Meta-Team : Don't become dependent on any one person (be that Leo or anyone else) to make sense of Reality for you. Much healthier to have a team of peers with a metamodern (ie Tier2) perspective who challenge each other, rather than the one way relationship between a Guru and thier disciples. (This rule is also a play on the old precept : if you meet [someone claiming to be] the Buddha on the road, kill him).

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 5.11.2022 at 2:57 PM, DocWatts said:

Do the Walk of Shame : Gonna be honest, not really sure what this one will entail.

I guess here's a little snippet of that Shame rule: 

"It’s the walk of shame, folks. Life, that is. We cannot walk through life without feeling ashamed of ourselves, and sometimes even of others. This sixth rule of life states: Do that walk of shame. Properly. Fully. Like a boss. Like the queen of England. Or like Freddy Mercury himself."

From: https://medium.com/@hanzifreinacht/the-inventory-of-shame-56259d8d95b1