emvipi

How does praying (asking God for favors) works?

10 posts in this topic

If God is completely unbiased and all loving, is it even a point in praying? Why is praying so prevalent in religion?

By praying I mean asking God for favors

Prayer is more of a state of being rather than literaly asking favors from God. 

It's talking to existence, literaly or silently, to the trees, the birds, the flowers, the ocean, to express gratitude and celebrate the life, to connect to God and existence, to open yourself to a state of receptivity.

Let Love In

That’s not true prayer 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@emvipi Look into the devotional rituals done in Hindu tradition, they have been shown to be quite effective in the type of prayer you mentioned.

You decide a specific thing means a specific thing will happen and then the meaning will come through at a different now.

If you are asking God to give you something you are praying for the asking itself not for the thing you are asking for.

It should also have a reasonable means of happening. Since you'll probably be doing that from an ordinary state of consciousness.

If you put energy into "I wish I had more x" then you will experience "I wish I had more x". 

If you decide that spitting on your neighbors head means that you will win good money from a scratch off ticket, then you will win good money from a scratch off ticket because you spat on your neighbors head.

@emvipi you are God.  So stop praying to yourself. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

@emvipi you are God.  So stop praying to yourself. 

Unless you experience yourself as God, praying to yourself makes sense.

I was once kept up by something I tried to figure out. It was so difficult problem that I asked for Gods Will and surrendered everything to it. And then God as I said this is Gods problem, let Him handle it. Instantly I was able to fall a sleep.