Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

Why Getting Triggered Is A Good Thing

6 posts in this topic

Triggered....a touchy subject....when a statement, a picture, a feeling, whatever it is....unleashes a torrent of emotions!!! We all have been there....its like somebody pulled a lever and unleashed something...sometimes we didn't even know it was there!! You might go to sleep, and all of a sudden a NIGHTMARE!!! When you wake up you are like "Where the hell did that come from and why?" You talk to your friend and they say something you don't like!!! Trigger!!! You watch the news and the anchorman or woman says something!!! Trigger!!! Your dog pees on the floor for the umpteenth time even though you been taking him to get trained and for some reason it isn't taking!!!!!! TRIGGERRRRR!  You get my point. So why in the hell would I ever suggest this is a GOOD THING? Am I Out Of Mind? YES!!! But that is besides the point!!! We can delve into that later!!! The reason why triggers are good, is they reveal the hidden emotional pain you are harboring but you are unaware that is there!! Isn't it lovely? You get to discover the hidden parts of yourself....that reside deep within!!

For example let's say you still got some resentment from not belonging in your childhood....someone on this forum might make a post towards you or someone else...instantly you get offended!!! TRIGGER!!! You lash out and BLAME the person who just wrote words on a screen....that it is THEM who are responsible for the feelings that have risen from the surface. First of all....REALLY? You really believe that logic? A person (who you can't even be sure they are a person...they could be a bot) who put words on a screen, and have no clue about you at all as you are just an avatar....is RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS? Do you even realize how silly that sounds? You see emotions are tricky thing. They are like a TIDAL WAVE!!! They can overwhelm you, engulf you, DROWNNN YOU!!! I mean I get it, they can be intense, they can also make you feel alone in that moment like a surfer out at sea all alone struggling to stay afloat and not drown! I get it!! But lay off it!! This victim, finger pointing, and blaming a random person on the forums for your emotional tidal wave needs to stop. The truth is you got TRIGGERED!! You can't control it, it happens, but the beauty of the trigger is each trigger is an OPPORTUNITY!! Its an OPPORTUNITY to EXPLORE AND DISCOVER WHAT IS HIDDEN!!

Isn't it amazing? I see so many people on these forums always talking psychedelics and they have NO CLUE about the importance of TRIGGERS!!! The whole point of psychedelics is to explore the hidden parts of your mind....well TRIGGERS are a GREAT TOOL FOR THAT TOO!!! You get to discover your fears!!!! Your judgments, your biases, your blindspots!! Its ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! TRIGGERS are one of the best ways to learn about yourself in a way that another person doesn't have to point out for you because your TRIGGER POINTS IT OUT FOR YOU!!! So instead of running from your trigger, getting mad at what triggered you, YOU SHOULD BE REJOICING!!! You now have another opportunity to engage in the meaningful exploration of....the parts of yourself that are hidden!! 

So trigger away, heck unload that whole clip!!! Embrace the triggering that arises, and explore it wherever it leads!! Every time I get triggered or trigger others.... I know...I'm doing God's work and it is also being done on me. *Salute* 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

As long as we dont pour a bucket of shit on those around us everytime we get triggered. But yeah, triggers are just info about what needs to heal.

3 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

As long as we dont pour a bucket of shit on those around us everytime we get triggered. But yeah, triggers are just info about what needs to heal.

^Can we even help that? Ain't that like a chain reaction from most humans? 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

5 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

^Can we even help that? Ain't that like a chain reaction from most humans? 

We can cultivate a practice of allowing all outbursts to simply happen within the mind. In the inner world there is freedom to say whatever i want without any judgement. But if i call someone a cu** to their face there will be consequences.

3 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

We can cultivate a practice of allowing all outbursts to simply happen within the mind. In the inner world there is freedom to say whatever i want without any judgement. But if i call someone a cu** to their face there will be consequences.

Lol exactly my point. Yeah humanity has a long way to go but interesting filter practice you use.