mmKay

Amazing farming technology

4 posts in this topic

> Scientists, engineers, and growers are racing to find efficient ways to grow more food without compromising the earth
> Monoculture farming xD

> Organic carrots
> Spraying herbicides xD

There is nothing sustainable about putting 4 million carrots in a single field. That's so far disconnected from nature it's not even funny. That's how you end up with crazy pest pressure, because you create heaven for insects and critters that prefer carrots specifically, which means more need for insecticides.

Permaculture, silvopasture, agroforestry, regenerative agriculture is the way to go. You can create a closed-loop system the way nature does in forests. 
You plant a bunch of plants of different guilds that are meant to live together, and they all work together to make the whole ecosystem stronger and more resilient.

But you can't plant perfect rows to use your $200,000 tractors in that setup, to help prop up corporate mega-farms and put local farmers out of business ?‍♂️

Use that same technology to kill insects replacing pesticides.

Better harvest the insects from the crops and feed it to the chickens and livestock to create high quality organic meat and eggs.

Killing two birds with one stone, no longer need pesticide and no longer need corn and soy and grain to feed livestock.

Maybe there’s a triple win here if anyone sees it tell me.

oh maybe grind up the insect and use it as a nutritional supplement for the plants making the plants grow stronger.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?