DualityHurts

Sadhguru electrified me.

46 posts in this topic

Does Sadhguru ever teach liberation?  He spends alot of time trying to convince people that he has all the answers and on top of that can perform magic tricks and tame snakes.   I will accept unconditionally that Sadhguru can walk on water.  You don’t have to prove it to me.  But that doesn’t make him a guru.  A guru is someone who guides you to liberation because he has already been there.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

15 hours ago, DualityHurts said:

It was an event on his book called "Karma: A yogis guide to crafting your destiny". A 2 hr event in total.

The event was just him talking about the subject of karma being your conscious action in the world for about a little over an hour. Then there was a 10 minute meditation (where I had this experience and a Q&A afterward for about 40 minutes.

The 10 minute or so meditation had different parts to it. the majority 7 or so minutes was envisioning yourself in about 4 different scenarios, one by one. None of this meditation structure was known to us. We went in blind.

One of the scenarios was to imagine as realistically as possible what it would be like to peacefully be standing in the middle of a lake and feeling the wind, water etc. Then suddenly the current begins to take you and you find yourself drowning. (I believe the point of this excercise was to show us that we can consciously choose to feel the way we want and the outside environment doesnt have to be a factor).

Then we were told by him to gently inhale for about 2 seconds and exhale for about 4 seconds. We did this for about a minute as sadhguru did some seemingly random clapping and his famous whistle ?

Then for about 2-3 minutes, sadhguru chanted in sanskrit. 

I believe the second or third word is when I felt the intensity of this energy. The energy was not constant in my experience. It really ramped up radically with a certain word. I was not the only one who was effected as my mom told me later. She opened her eyes worried for me when i began hysterically crying and moving about. She noticed many others in tears but not to my degree. 

All this stopped when he instructed us to open our eyes at the end. I was left profusely sweating and drenched in tears.

Amazing, thanks for the share

8 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Does Sadhguru ever teach liberation?  He spends alot of time trying to convince people that he has all the answers and on top of that can perform magic tricks and tame snakes.   I will accept unconditionally that Sadhguru can walk on water.  You don’t have to prove it to me.  But that doesn’t make him a guru.  A guru is someone who guides you to liberation because he has already been there.  

His energy alone is enough to guide you.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 hours ago, docs20 said:

Amazing, thanks for the share

You got it 

11 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

I thought this in the past. But keep in mind. You are probably just listening to purely his talks and highlights from talks or certain ceremonies that are made public.

The yoga that he teaches is where the rubber meets the road. And this is not made public to the masses because you must be instructed properly and be under certain conditions.

If you learn the yoga yo will see there isnt anything trying to be proved. You are given directions of how to move your body/breathe and thats it.

I believe his approach is much different than a nondual teacher. And to reach a broad audience he doesnt speak in crazy nondual talk.

His background is in yoga, the idea is by purifying mind, body etc. through keeping the body in certain ways, you will naturally begin to balance out and be able to tune into existence.

I think he can come off as a know it all because hes confident in his answers. Leo has a similar vibe at times too. It can feel cocky but i dont think thats where it comes from.

Edited by DualityHurts

These videos were the ones that helped me not to  freak when I started to get kriyas during meditation. At 6:05 the way that person is flapping his hands, thats how i started to flap my hands too(But no shouting). Also, there were other kriyas like the shaking of the head etc. Before my experience, I thought that this may have been faked using actors. 

The way the kriyas feel: As if a coiled/tightened mechanical-spring trying to uncoil/unwind itself. Seems like this is how karmic conditioning is dissolved.

Documentary:

Dangers of kundalini awakening:

How much of what she is saying in the above video is sensible and how much is bullshit I am not sure. But, seems there is atleast some wisdom to glean.

Edited by PopoyeSailor