DualityHurts

Sadhguru electrified me.

46 posts in this topic

This stuff is still hard for me to believe, would have to experience it for myself

@DualityHurts There is definitely an energy, no doubt for me now.

Good, now try to integrate this experience, that's your job now. Like truly try to understand why you cried and contemplate that.

Mahadev

@DualityHurts

11 hours ago, DualityHurts said:

Just wanted to share my experience of going to a talk of sadhgurus tonight in LA. I never seen him in person until today.

My logical mind has always doubted in some way the pranic energy and so fourth and today i got a heavy reality check.

The talk was great but the part that really through me off was the meditation part. I had always heard  in videos people shouting and crying and what not. Im a pretty serious person and was just expecting a little peace from the meditation at most....wrong.

When sadhguru began to chant and hit certain notes I felt my hands supercharged with a very powerful electric/static/numb sensation. Similar to when your foot falls asleep and its a very intense energy. I lost control of the body and I cried hysterically while my breathing took on its own sputtering rhythm. My body naturally wanted to curl to the fetal position. Legs flapping about hitting the people next to me. 

As for my mind, I was totally at ease, this didnt really come with any emotions or bliss id say. I was very detatched and could only watch this happen with no say in what would come. 

I managed to bring my spine back to an upright position but as the chant continued my body just crumpled like a can and I cried. 

Needless to say, very strange to go through with no attachment or seeming involvement.

Im very glad I now know this energy is a thing and look forward to delving into it. 

Why do u guys think sadhguru does this energy amplification to us? To show us the possibility? Most people there didnt seem too seriously on the path. 

Let me know if any of youve had similar experiences in general or explanations to this.

He basically Shakti Pati you? Well, if that's the case, good. Not to throw shade at you, but you're not his specific target, because around you there's already people that he wants his chanting to affect.

Sound frequency can affect perception. Search in YouTube for high frequency music, and you might experience something similar.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, inFlow said:

@DualityHurts There is definitely an energy, no doubt for me now.

Good, now try to integrate this experience, that's your job now. Like truly try to understand why you cried and contemplate that.

I will continue to contemplate this. But I am baffled why this happened. It would be easy if certain thoughts came up or emotions. But it was like watching someone else go through it. No thoughts, essentialy felt like I was possessed. 

I feel I may try to add meaning to the experience if I contemplate why I cried. I think my best bet is to follow what sadhguru has said. Allow whatever happens during the meditation. Try not to get caught up in thoughts.

I will follow his instructions. Why would I do otherwise he is the guru that even allowed it to happen. I have to trust here. And follow the instructions of someone that allowed me to have a profound experience. I dont want to mutilate the teaching.

I think my integration is to continue doing yoga without expectation. In this case shambhavi mahamudra. And the yoga will do this cleansing. 

37 minutes ago, integration journey said:

How often is he in LA ? I missed it 

Hes around frequently doing interviews. But as for a solo event like this, the website said it had been 3 years. The event was about his new book "Karma". I didnt even read it yet, but decided to go last minute ?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@DualityHurts

He basically Shakti Pati you? Well, if that's the case, good. Not to throw shade at you, but you're not his specific target, because around you there's already people that he wants his chanting to affect.

Im not sure what he did really. And what do you mean im not his specific target, who is?

10 hours ago, Yarco said:

People experience similar things around charlatan evangelical pastors who do those sessions where they bring people on stage and "heal" them. 

Why can not these people have genuine mystical experiences as well? Men from India do not have monopoly on these things.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@DualityHurts

6 minutes ago, DualityHurts said:

Im not sure what he did really. And what do you mean im not his specific target, who is?

I'm saying that he did not have you specifically in mind, but the entire audience instead with that chanting.

1 hour ago, EternalForest said:

This stuff is still hard for me to believe, would have to experience it for myself

I was in the same boat less than 24hrs ago. Be as radically openminded, and consistent and I think the universe will bring you what you need.

Energy is a real thing 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Yarco But have you considered that people who fly commercial are actually demons?

While that's an interesting theory. It would mean that nearly all Americans are demons. Including anyone on this forum who has ever flown commercial hint hint.

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

You’re jealous cause he’s got more hair than you. ?

How humorous.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@DualityHurts Yeap, Sadghuru is one legit conscious motherfucka in a million of self proclaimed charlatan gurus with a lot of talk but fake hearts.

I hope he is with us for a lot more years 

6 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Yes, you have to experiment independently. Otherwise, with our western upbringing it just sounds like impossible nonsense. 

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

These kinds of experiences are very common in all kinds of religious and spiritual congregations.

They do not reflect the "authenticity" of the teacher or religion or tradition, etc. These are just real phenomenon that are outside of secular people's worldviews.

I'm somewhat sensitive and even when I've been around religious congregations by chance, I've had similar experiences although not as overt as yours.

There was this time my thoughts involuntarily completely stopped for maybe an hour straight while I was sober, up and about?

It felt like someone scooped into my mind and took out the linguistic processing unit. Someone was trying to talk to me and I couldn't reply or process their words.

This was in a religious congregation. I'm not religious.

What type of event of his was it? And what type of practice was it?

1 hour ago, docs20 said:

What type of event of his was it? And what type of practice was it?

It was an event on his book called "Karma: A yogis guide to crafting your destiny". A 2 hr event in total.

The event was just him talking about the subject of karma being your conscious action in the world for about a little over an hour. Then there was a 10 minute meditation (where I had this experience and a Q&A afterward for about 40 minutes.

The 10 minute or so meditation had different parts to it. the majority 7 or so minutes was envisioning yourself in about 4 different scenarios, one by one. None of this meditation structure was known to us. We went in blind.

One of the scenarios was to imagine as realistically as possible what it would be like to peacefully be standing in the middle of a lake and feeling the wind, water etc. Then suddenly the current begins to take you and you find yourself drowning. (I believe the point of this excercise was to show us that we can consciously choose to feel the way we want and the outside environment doesnt have to be a factor).

Then we were told by him to gently inhale for about 2 seconds and exhale for about 4 seconds. We did this for about a minute as sadhguru did some seemingly random clapping and his famous whistle ?

Then for about 2-3 minutes, sadhguru chanted in sanskrit. 

I believe the second or third word is when I felt the intensity of this energy. The energy was not constant in my experience. It really ramped up radically with a certain word. I was not the only one who was effected as my mom told me later. She opened her eyes worried for me when i began hysterically crying and moving about. She noticed many others in tears but not to my degree. 

All this stopped when he instructed us to open our eyes at the end. I was left profusely sweating and drenched in tears.

Edited by DualityHurts

@newbee he knows way more than he is telling. He holds himself back to not sound crazy. Not like leo haha. You will probably not here sadhguru talk about the time he became or saw alien.

13 minutes ago, Hojo said:

He holds himself back to not sound crazy. Not like leo haha. You will probably not here sadhguru talk about the time he became or saw alien.

Yeah lol, you get a peek on his Joe Rogan episode

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho