DualityHurts

Sadhguru electrified me.

46 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share my experience of going to a talk of sadhgurus tonight in LA. I never seen him in person until today.

My logical mind has always doubted in some way the pranic energy and so fourth and today i got a heavy reality check.

The talk was great but the part that really through me off was the meditation part. I had always heard  in videos people shouting and crying and what not. Im a pretty serious person and was just expecting a little peace from the meditation at most....wrong.

When sadhguru began to chant and hit certain notes I felt my hands supercharged with a very powerful electric/static/numb sensation. Similar to when your foot falls asleep and its a very intense energy. I lost control of the body and I cried hysterically while my breathing took on its own sputtering rhythm. My body naturally wanted to curl to the fetal position. Legs flapping about hitting the people next to me. 

As for my mind, I was totally at ease, this didnt really come with any emotions or bliss id say. I was very detatched and could only watch this happen with no say in what would come. 

I managed to bring my spine back to an upright position but as the chant continued my body just crumpled like a can and I cried. 

Needless to say, very strange to go through with no attachment or seeming involvement.

Im very glad I now know this energy is a thing and look forward to delving into it. 

Why do u guys think sadhguru does this energy amplification to us? To show us the possibility? Most people there didnt seem too seriously on the path. 

Let me know if any of youve had similar experiences in general or explanations to this.

Edited by DualityHurts

1 hour ago, DualityHurts said:

Why do u guys think sadhguru does this energy amplification to us?

Because duality hurts. :) 

That energy always existed within you. 

You needed Sadhguru to show you that IT is within you. 

Now find the path to the energy without a guru. 

It's just the static electricity from his beard ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

People experience similar things around charlatan evangelical pastors who do those sessions where they bring people on stage and "heal" them.

At the end of the day, how can you tell if what you experienced was a genuine spiritual / paranormal experience or just part of a mass delusion? The crowd, the ambiance, going in with a specific intention can do powerful and unpredictable things to people. 

What I'm saying is, be open to the possibility that it was just a very extreme example of the placebo effect. I'm not denying what you experienced and that you actually had involuntary reactions to the situation. Just questioning the mechanism of action that caused it.

There have been dancing hysterias in history where entire towns danced themselves to literal death over a period of weeks. It happened from the 14th to 17th century and then just stopped. Humans are just super weird and there's still a lot we don't know about our own psychology. 

@YarcoI@Yarco agree with you. But the dancing hysteria Was caused by a rare fever or so. People needed to move their body parts 

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

People experience similar things around charlatan evangelical pastors who do those sessions where they bring people on stage and "heal" them.

How do you know they are charlatans? Maybe they are messengers of God annointed with godly powers?

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you know they are charlatans? Maybe they are messengers of God annointed with godly powers?

Yeah, maybe some of them were. But statistically, at least a few of them are probably charlatans. Especially the ones with private jets and that make facial expressions like this ;) :

@Yarco But have you considered that people who fly commercial are actually demons?

@Yarco This is the type of thoughts i had when seeing others go through it. Now my perspective has changed after having this experience first hand. There is definitely an energy, no doubt for me now.

I would now argue and ask the same open mindedness on the other end of the spectrum. Maybe these people even in front of cult leaders are having genuine spiritual experiences and accessing a level of energy despite delusional group think. Maybe they were able to let ho so profoundly that they were receptive to another dimension of energy.

Im a very doubtful and logical person as i believe most are on this forum. I was not trying to have this experience by any means. Ive meditated a million times and felt nothing special going into this one with sadhguru. But when those sanskrit words were said, i was plugged into an outlet and the intensity rose with particular words.

I think what allowed for this was no expectation and the proper understanding of energy amplification on sadhgurus end.

When you know you know with no doubts.

There are different kinds of transmissions that are possible. Ever felt really comfortable with someone else because he's presence was soothing, non judgmental, calming and compassionate? Perhaps you felt the jitters or mind agitation when someone was anxious besides you? Perhaps you perceived someone who is very "confident" or charismatic and you felt you can tap in to his presence by imitating his "frequency"...

If you are sensitive enough you can pick on other's vibrations/transmissions and it will affect the body-mind accordingly. This is why spiritual seekers love to be in the presence of "enlightened masters". The exposure to the vibration of enlightened masters can give the seeking mind a deep relief. This is also why people with much self-doubt will be drawn to over-confident people, or people that put on a show of power.

In your case, you were open to receive Sadghuru "transmission", which seemed to cause some emotional release in you. That is quite beautiful, you allowed him to touch you deeply. Actually it is not much different than allowing an emotional song or music to move emotion or energy in us. It just that Sadghuru knows how to do it with his own style and music.

Consider if you are under the effect of a psychedelic - Sadghuru's expression would probably have touched you deeper, because when tripping you are more sensitive and open to everything.

TL:DR - transmissions happens all the time between everyone and everything. It is just a matter of how precise and nuanced the transmission is and how open and sensitive the receiver is.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think Sadhguru is a fake, in the sense that he is full of ego and not enlightened.  But people like him may come off as impressive and very knowledgeable because of their large following and perhaps having some psychic abilities combined with the massive energy they receive from their audience, they may do some energy stuff on your energetic body, perhaps a kundalini activation?  Idk but I would stay away from this guy. Kundalini activation (I'm not saying that was what you experienced) is also said to be potentially dangerous..

He is not fake.

1 hour ago, Batman said:

There are different kinds of transmissions that are possible. Ever felt really comfortable with someone else because he's presence was soothing, non judgmental, calming and compassionate? Perhaps you felt the jitters or mind agitation when someone was anxious besides you? Perhaps you perceived someone who is very "confident" or charismatic and you felt you can tap in to his presence by imitating his "frequency"...

If you are sensitive enough you can pick on other's vibrations/transmissions and it will affect the body-mind accordingly. This is why spiritual seekers love to be in the presence of "enlightened masters". The exposure to the vibration of enlightened masters can give the seeking mind a deep relief. This is also why people with much self-doubt will be drawn to over-confident people, or people that put on a show of power.

In your case, you were open to receive Sadghuru "transmission", which seemed to cause some emotional release in you. That is quite beautiful, you allowed him to touch you deeply. Actually it is not much different than allowing an emotional song or music to move emotion or energy in us. It just that Sadghuru knows how to do it with his own style and music.

Consider if you are under the effect of a psychedelic - Sadghuru's expression would probably have touched you deeper, because when tripping you are more sensitive and open to everything.

TL:DR - transmissions happens all the time between everyone and everything. It is just a matter of how precise and nuanced the transmission is and how open and sensitive the receiver is.

This...you can even send people....psychedelic trips. I had a friend send me his trip through dialog on the phone so yes, you are always engaged with transmissions all the time. Its all about the receptivity.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, DualityHurts said:

@Yarco This is the type of thoughts i had when seeing others go through it. Now my perspective has changed after having this experience first hand. There is definitely an energy, no doubt for me now.

When you know you know with no doubts.

Okay well I guess next time Sadhguru comes to Toronto I'll have to check him out and see for myself. 

I've done Inner Engineering online but still need to attend an in-person event to learn the super-secret Shamalamadingdong Mahmudhra.

I do know one guy who volunteered at an Isha event and said there definitely was a sort of energy/presence of just being in the same room as Sadhguru. I just hope for my sake it's not going to have me rolling around on the floor.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You’re jealous cause he’s got more hair than you. ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Yarco personally I didnt consciously notice a presence from him before this happened. I thought youd have to be very sensitive or even delude yourself. What did i know?

However, when he chanted I was profoundly hit by some energy.

My mom who is a nurse, who i took with me has never heard of sadhguru. I really freaked her out when this energy took me over. She said she was ready to get help. But I did my best to assure her all was good by struggling to give a head nod.

I have seen him once on the street talking to us in cologne ( where i come  from )and felt the Energy but maybe it was just me being excited because of seeing him ??

nevertheless, he is great ??

Qi field strong 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"