avk123

The Method Of Investigating Thoughts

11 posts in this topic

Good day everyone,

I would like to know if there is someone here who is capable or aware of the method of investigating the thoughts that make our life unpleasant.

Mindfulness helps because it displays the thought that is giving you an unpleasant emotion, If you can disbelieve that thought you automatically feel better. 

Is anyone here aware of the concept and has practiced this approach in their life ?

On 2/21/2017 at 4:42 PM, Son of leo said:

Stop thinking, everything will get better :D

Says who ? 

1 hour ago, avk123 said:

Says who ? 

The dogs ? 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

On 2017-02-21 at 1:26 PM, avk123 said:

the thoughts that make our life unpleasant.

Your reaction to the thought is what makes life unpleasant. Not the thought itself.

11 hours ago, Vanish said:

Your reaction to the thought is what makes life unpleasant. Not the thought itself.

Yep, we have the reaction, because the thought is believed. It's "my" thought....identification with the thought. There's identification, because we think we are a "person" vs being conscious awareness within which the person and it's thoughts "appear". Awakening is the loosening of this core belief, enlightenment is when the identification is broken, seen through, transcended.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

So the CBT approach is to label some thoughts as "automatic." Interesting. They're all automatic. I'm guessing the approach is staying on the cautious side of causing depersonalisation syndrome. If anything else has helped me from day 1 on this forum and Leo's site, it's been separation of thought and awareness. Even when understood on a conceptual level and as long as you keep meditating on this, it has caused me a massive shift from being deeply entrenched in thought and many many positive outcomes have followed. (and this is despite people saying that it is enlightenment itself which is the only goal or real benefit.)

Edited by Neo

@Neo Read the first sentence already puked. CBT IS SHIT HOLY FUCK DON't fucking follow western mainstream psychology.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.