Harikrishnan

Ingredients to avoid?

9 posts in this topic

Lately I have been interested in taking good care of skin. I am using vit c serum, mositurizer and sunscreen, also other body moisturizer, body wash etc. I look for products that say free from sulphate and paraben. What all other ingredients I need to look out for when buying cosmetic items as I dont want to put lot of chemicals that may bite back after long use?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I can’t speak on which ingredients to avoid in your skin care products but you should definitely be watching what you eat if you want to optimize skin health.

For me sugar, dairy and wheat cause me to develop skin issues. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

3 hours ago, King Merk said:

I can’t speak on which ingredients to avoid in your skin care products but you should definitely be watching what you eat if you want to optimize skin health.

For me sugar, dairy and wheat cause me to develop skin issues. 

Thanks.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Any estrogen modulators — pretty sure some sunscreens fall under this category. And I’m definitely a bit worried about the safety of titanium dioxide (pretty sure it’s often used as a white food coloring).

Moisturize with daily cold showers and avoid caffeine and salt for perfect skin. No products needed. Assuming you eat healthy.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

I personally try to only use products on my skin that I would actually eat if I can. There is an app you can use called think dirty to scan the barcodes of products, then it will show you what are the most harmful ingredients. It will also recommend cleaner alternatives. I am not sure what all countries this app works in though. I am in the United States and it works good here. 

I never used skin products or even washed my face with soap until I discovered retinoids (tretinoin) ... I would argue less is more when it comes to skin care. Just use sunblock and don't go out of your way to tan or burn your face with UV rays.

If you don't have any major problems like acne or dry skin, don't introduce genetic cleaners or moisturizers you don't really need. If you must, retinoids combined with a basic moisturizer are by far the most effective.

@Harikrishnan

Skin health comes down to nutrition and toxins as your skin is also a detox organ.

Your skin has a delicate pH and flora fauna environment, so over-washing with cosmetics will not do good. 

My skin is smooth as silk and I eat clean, drink filtered water and the only cosmetics I use are coconut oil, olive oil and soap 

Dont get sold by marketing bs. 

Eat clean, be clean.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?